Author Topic: Footy Classified Special - Thurs 9.30pm  (Read 7792 times)

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Footy Classified Special - Thurs 9.30pm
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2013, 01:50:58 AM »
Is anyone ever going to admit McG actually had a decent year? Not great, but decent?

The delisting comment was the stupidest thing I've ever seen on this forum. P.S O'Hanlon will be a spud
McGuane having a decent year has to be the stupidest thing I've read on this forum. Enjoy watching 'decent' go  :wallywink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POvvzqYZCD0

What's next? You going to tell me Hackson could walk into Hawthorns best 22 . . . would be one of the first 10 picked, 'Yeahright'.  :help

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2013, 02:09:33 AM »
Is anyone ever going to admit McG actually had a decent year? Not great, but decent?

The delisting comment was the stupidest thing I've ever seen on this forum. P.S O'Hanlon will be a spud
McGuane having a decent year has to be the stupidest thing I've read on this forum. Enjoy watching 'decent' go  :wallywink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POvvzqYZCD0

What's next? You going to tell me Hackson could walk into Hawthorns best 22 . . . would be one of the first 10 picked, 'Yeahright'.  :help

Moments like those are what stopped him from having a good year, hence decent. Look your prattling on about some kid who barely gets a kick in Coburg reserves and thinks his better than Mcguane  :wallywink

Lol man you make up some crazy situations in your head  :help

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2013, 11:38:29 AM »
Can't wait till Caro dons the pilgrim nun outfit again.

Fascinating
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2013, 07:30:35 PM »
Problem last season was when we had players go down with injury, we only had untried kids to call up to AFL level, and it cost us games.
That is the post I responded to.
It says NOTHING about the bunch of spuds. Same as Cameron and Hardwick.
It ONLY talks about "untried kids". Same as Cameron and Hardwick.
BECAUSE it only talks about untried kids it absolves the club personnel who have recruited and KEPT the bunch of spuds who everybody admits (even you) are/were not up to the job.
The players recruited are DIRECT replacements for the bunch of spuds kept at the club waaaaaaaaay past their use by date if they were ever up to the job.

Total crap my behind, you've listed a bunch of spuds who never impacted games at AFL therefore backing my own point You NEVER mentioned them. That's MY point. Elton and Griffths show more than those 3, hence why 2 are gone with the other soon to follow. Elton, as promising as he is, is not ready for AFL level, so has as little impact as the others but 100 fold more upside. None of them were the answer (bar Griffiths who played well), but for different reasons. If Vickery was to go down again, instead of calling any of Gus, Browne, Derrickx or Elton (none of who could impact a game, Elton rightly so at the moment at 19), we now have Edwards who has actually played well at AFL level before. Regardless if you like him or not, he has more skill the Gus, Browne and Derrickx combined.

When Foley went down it was White, Webberley, Connors and Nahas who were not good enough not Conca, Ellis or Helbig.
I agree once again, hence Webbers and Connors gone. Not saying Conca, Ellis and Helbig won't be good enough, but they were all 2nd or 1st year players. They shouldn't have to take that load or be expected to produce Foleys output. This is why the inclusion of bigger experienced bodies is important, ones that once again have played and impacted games at AFL level, not guys like Webbers and Connors (goneski) and White who will be gone at years end.

When Grimes went down we had no-one since Moore, Astbury and Griffith were injured or too young and thankfully Batchelor and Morris (two young players again) filled holes.
and you nailed it here for me, this is exactly what I am saying. Lucky Batch, Morris and Griffiths (prior to injury) played well enough. Griffiths is big enough to play at AFL level and Morris is a mature aged player.

Your arguing something different to what I am. I am saying instead of calling on untried 18yo kids, we needed players who HAVE played at AFL level AND IMPACTED games, not the crap we have hoarded from prior DImma in Gus, Browne, Webbers, Post, Connors, Moore et al. HUH. That's exactly what I said. We needed AFL quality players and all we had was the hoarded crap. Why didn't we have AFL quality players on board already? Ahh yes, we didn't because of the "list clogging conspiracy". 

Pettard, Edwards, Lonergan, Knights and even Stephenson (lucky he and Cam Wood were all tat had played AFL) can at least be competetice when called in, which is something that the 'senior players' you listed could never do. I hardly consider those blokes senior, simply dead wood that couldn't even perform when they needed to. That's why it was left to our first and second year players, because we had no decent backup options. Now we do.

Just because Cameron or Hardwick say something doesn't make it the truth.
Try using some judgement and avoid given credence to self-serving excuses.
and just because they say something doesn't mean it's a cover up to some list clogging conspiracy. Try look at the situation and rationalize as to why they would do what they have now done with our rookie list (not even senior) as opposed to jumping up and down as if they drafted Hislop with our National Draft selection in place of a kid. Storm in a tea cup, and if you still can't see what I'm saying I guess we will agree to disagree.

To reiterate, I don't disagree our 'senior players' you listed were not good enough, they were absolute shizen. That's why they had to throw in our 1st and 2nd year players. At least now we have options if required that can actually fill the gap instead of throwing in the 18 and 19yo boys against men. Options that have shown something before, unlike last year.

Seems like a backflip with pike to end up agreeing with me that the problem was poor mature replacement which meant we ONLY had kids.
The key point is - WHY did we only have kids? IMO because our drafting, development and list management were rubbish. IYO that's a list clogging conspiracy theory.
The poor mature players we had last year have been replaced by other mature players who in the main were let go by their previous clubs.
You presume they will be better than what we had, I'm more inclined to wait and see, considering past decisions that got us to last years situation.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2013, 08:39:24 PM »
you can be pretty sure that if we had recruited more mature recruits in the last three years then hardwick would have been crucified for not taking kids.

The list was a disaster when he took over, and whatever path he took you could find criticism if you look hard enough.

Lack of depth can hardly be layed at the feet of the coach in his third year when he has given the list such a massive overhaul.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2013, 12:17:07 AM »

Fascinating

Is that the 'Amish' in drag look?

Geez those framed jowls take some foundation.....

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2013, 01:52:12 AM »

Fascinating

Is that the 'Amish' in drag look?

Geez those framed jowls take some foundation.....

I'm salavating at the thought, wowee!!  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2013, 07:12:13 PM »
you can be pretty sure that if we had recruited more mature recruits in the last three years then hardwick would have been crucified for not taking kids.

The list was a disaster when he took over, and whatever path he took you could find criticism if you look hard enough.

Lack of depth can hardly be layed at the feet of the coach in his third year when he has given the list such a massive overhaul.

I agree to a certain extent, al.
However just looking at last year - why keep White and Derickx?
A lot of posters don't think White or Derickx will be there next year so why not roll the dice.
If you wanted more mature players then you could have taken Hannath (psd) and Hartigan (R1 rookie) who are both 22 but not played AFL yet.
IMO White and Derickx are exactly the type of mature list cloggers we are talking about that were no use last year.

Gigantor

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2013, 07:29:53 PM »
Redan you are probably right re whitey and especially Derickx(although i love whiteys attitude).I just think our list has been heavily pruned the last 3 years  and probably for team balance and team stability the list wasnt pruned anymore for now

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2013, 07:49:56 PM »
Good call Gigantour, I would agree with that.
The restraint in pruning late last year won't be shown this year imo

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2013, 11:10:28 PM »
white and derricks, two different cases.

white, one of the last senior mediocre players on the list. Along with mcguane, was constantly in the best players for coburg, which is why they held their spot on the list - they cant be all got rid of at once. last year when he came in ( and he earned that with performance  at coburg) he was servicable, but then got suspended and injured and we saw the gulf to the next in line.

Derrickx missed a whole year of football, and my belief is that when that happens it often takes a season to get back to where the player was before the injury, which in his case was a WAFL player.

On any other list he probably would have got the arse. he was lucky to get another year and it is now a make or break year for him. I dont have a problem with that for the reason above and unlike others wont judge him on that one dropped chest mark.

you can sit back and say what about so and so, but you can never be sure that player will be available at the late pick you will use, if the club actually rates that player, and sometimes it is better the devil you know.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2013, 09:47:26 PM »
Jeff kennet replacing caro tonight. Eff me gary lyon and ratboy are really pushing the brisbane lions scandal as such breaking news  ::) lloyd also jumping in on the smokescreen action. ::)

Lloyd should stick to what he knows best... model in dimmeys catalogues

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2013, 10:34:42 PM »
Wonder if Caro told them to get stuffed?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2013, 10:05:15 PM »
Caro back tonight.

Lloyd took issue with Hardwick talking about September at the Family Day. For a club that has been out of the finals for so long (12 years) they shouldn't be putting pressure on themselves once again talking about September.  Hutchy laughed saying what do you expect Dimma to say at a Family Day - that we're going to fail. Lloyd said no but they should be focusing on the first 5 rounds not September. Hutchy was then asked where he thought Richmond would finish. He said despite himself famously being a bad tipper he had the Tigers finishing top 4. He then put up a graphic showing that if we had scored 15 points more per game then we would've finished 17-5 rather than 10-11-1. Richmond beat both grand finalists by 6 goals, lost only one game by 22 pts (the rest were close losses) and have added 8 more players to their depth this year. Caro replied that Richmond also lost to the Gold Coast and just beat GWS. She said she wanted to back up Lloyd as there's massive pressure on Richmond this year and if Hardwick doesn't get the Tigers into the finals there'll be massive pressure on him; he won't get a contract extension that's for sure even if Cotchin and Deledio are injured and out for the year. 

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2013, 11:39:08 PM »
Caro back tonight.

Lloyd took issue with Hardwick talking about September at the Family Day. For a club that has been out of the finals for so long (12 years) they shouldn't be putting pressure on themselves once again talking about September.  Hutchy laughed saying what do you expect Dimma to say at a Family Day - that we're going to fail. Lloyd said no but they should be focusing on the first 5 rounds not September. Hutchy was then asked where he thought Richmond would finish. He said despite himself famously being a bad tipper he had the Tigers finishing top 4. He then put up a graphic showing that if we had scored 15 points more per game then we would've finished 17-5 rather than 10-11-1. Richmond beat both grand finalists by 6 goals, lost only one game by 22 pts (the rest were close losses) and have added 8 more players to their depth this year. Caro replied that Richmond also lost to the Gold Coast and just beat GWS. She said she wanted to back up Lloyd as there's massive pressure on Richmond this year and if Hardwick doesn't get the Tigers into the finals there'll be massive pressure on him; he won't get a contract extension that's for sure even if Cotchin and Deledio are injured and out for the year.

Triangle mouth seriously has issues with our club
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH