Author Topic: NAB Cup 1 - Richmond vs Melbourne vs North Melbourne  (Read 13118 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
NAB Cup 1 - Richmond vs Melbourne vs North Melbourne
« on: February 20, 2013, 03:29:57 PM »
Strong squad!

RICHMOND

1. Chris Newman, 3. Brett Deledio, 4. Dustin Martin, 5. Brandon Ellis, 6. Shaun Grigg, 7. Matt Dea, 8. Jack Riewoldt, 9. Trent Cotchin, 10. Shane Edwards, 11. Jake Batchelor, 12. David Astbury, 13. Ricky Petterd, 14. Bachar Houli, 15. Chris Knights, 16. Luke McGuane, 18. Alex Rance, 20. Ivan Maric, 21. Shane Tuck, 23. Daniel Jackson, 24. Ben Griffiths, 26. Robin Nahas, 27. Aaron Edwards, 29. Ty Vickery, 30. Reece Conca, 31. Nick Vlastuin, 35. Matt White, 36. Matt McDonough, 37. Orren Stephenson, 38. Steven Morris, 39. Tom Derickx, 43. Todd Elton, 44. Matthew Arnot, 45. Brett O'Hanlon, 49. Steven Verrier
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: NAB Cup 1 - Richmond vs Melbourne vs North Melbourne
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 03:33:47 PM »
So missing are:

Grimes
Chaplin
King
Helbig
McIntosh
McBean
Foley

Lonergan
Williams
Darrou
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

gerkin greg

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 03:44:28 PM »
what happened to helbiggy?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 04:05:11 PM »
I'm curious to see how Derickx goes, not excited for him but you'd say Nab cup will pretty much his last chance because he shouldn't get many if any games during the season

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 06:58:46 PM »
North and the Dees' respective squads ....

NORTH MELBOURNE

1. Daniel Currie, 2. Brad McKenzie, 3. Ryan Bastinac, 4. Liam Anthony, 5. Ben Jacobs, 6. Lachlan Hansen, 7. Jack Ziebell, 8. Daniel Wells, 9. Andrew Swallow, 10. Ben Cunnington, 11. Michael Firrito, 12. Lindsay Thomas, 14. Jordan Gysberts, 15. Luke Delaney, 16. Scott Thompson, 17. Nathan Grima, 18. Shaun Atley, 19. Sam Wright, 20. Drew Petrie, 22. Todd Goldstein, 23. Kieran Harper, 24. Levi Greenwood, 25. Robbie Tarrant, 28. Will Sierakowski, 29. Brent Harvey, 30. Tom Curran, 31. Cameron Delaney, 34. Jamie Macmillan, 35. Aaron Black, 38. Majak Daw, 41. Aaron Mullett, 42. Scott McMahon, 43. Sam Gibson, 46. Ben Speight

MELBOURNE

1. Jesse Hogan, 2. Nathan Jones, 4. Jack Watts, 5. Jimmy Toumpas, 6. Chris Dawes, 7. Jack Viney, 8. James Frawley, 10. Shannon Byrnes, 12. Colin Sylvia, 13. Jordie McKenzie, 14. Lynden Dunn, 15. David Rodan, 17. Sam Blease, 19. James Strauss, 20. Colin Garland, 21. Cameron Pedersen, 22. James Magner, 25. Tom McDonald, 26. Daniel Nicholson, 27. Tom Gillies, 28. Joel Macdonald, 30. James Sellar, 31. Jack Grimes, 32. Michael Evans, 34. Dean Kent, 36 Aaron Davey, 38. Jeremy Howe, 39. Neville Jetta, 40. Mark Jamar, 42. Jake Spencer, 45. Matt Jones, 46. Dean Terlich, 47. Tom Couch, 48. Jack Fitzpatrick

http://www.afl.com.au/news/teams

Gigantor

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 07:00:51 PM »
I dont really want to see derickx...that dropped mark still haunts me

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 07:05:23 PM »
Preview: Melbourne, North Melbourne and Richmond

By Nathan Schmook
afl.com.au
Thursday, February 21, 2013

WHERE AND WHEN
Etihad Stadium, Friday, February 22, 6.45pm AEDT

THE MISSING
Melbourne: Captain Jack Trengove and key forward Mitch Clark are both recovering from foot injuries and won't be available, along with utility Rohan Bail (concussion) and ruckman Max Gawn (knee). 

North Melbourne: Forward Leigh Adams, who is recovering from post-season shoulder surgeries, is the only notable omission in a strong line-up. He remains on track to play at some stage in the NAB Cup.

Richmond: Nathan Foley (Achilles tendon), Dylan Grimes (hamstring) and Sam Lonergan (ankle) will be sidelined, while Jake King is another significant absentee for the Tigers.

LAST YEAR
Melbourne: The Demons beat the Brisbane Lions but were shown up by Gold Coast in their NAB Cup openers last year. They went on to beat Collingwood in round two, but lost all momentum on the eve of the season with Hawthorn and then Port Adelaide handing Mark Neeld's team heavy defeats. 

North Melbourne: The Kangaroos beat Richmond by three points and suffered a 25-point loss to Hawthorn in their opening matches last year. They travelled to Sydney in round two and fell 17 points short of the Swans in round two before wins against the Western Bulldogs and Carlton.

Richmond: The Tigers beat Hawthorn but lost to North Melbourne in round one last season, suffering a heavy defeat against Fremantle in round two. An impressive 59-point win against Geelong in round two was followed by a 74-point win over Greater Western Sydney. 

WHAT THEY SAY
Melbourne: "We've got to put this [tanking affair] behind us and that's part of our rationale with this, is that we need clear air. Our guys and our new football department, our new players, our squad needs to be able to go out on Friday and create some of our own history." – president Don McLardy

North Melbourne: "You want to play your best footy against other oppositions, and it’s not like an intra-club where you’re not going into packs. Hopefully we have a good hit out. There’s going to be a few tired boys out there. No matter how much running you do in the pre-season, you always seem to blow up in the first 10 minutes." – Robbie Tarrant

Richmond: "It’s still pretty daunting when you come into your first proper AFL game, but the NAB Cup is a good experience.  You get a feel for who you’re playing with, your teammates . . . it’s good." – forward Brett O'Hanlon

WE SAY
Melbourne: Given this week's events and the cloud hovering over Melbourne the entire pre-season, on-field action should come as a relief. In Jack Viney, Jimmy Toumpas and Jesse Hogan, there will be plenty of young talent on show to boost the Demons faithful.

North Melbourne: The Kangaroos look set to play a strong side from the outset and pre-season momentum could be valuable in a year in which the Roos expect strong improvement from its young list. Port Adelaide recruit Ben Jacobs will be one to watch in his first game with his new club.

Richmond: All eyes will be on the Tigers' off-season recruits in Chris Knights, Troy Chaplin and Aaron Edwards. The list has been topped up and fans will expect to see an outfit ready to break the club's finals drought

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-21/tripleheader-preview

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 09:15:05 PM »
$32 for a reserved seat, starting to get pricey no? :o
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 09:32:36 PM »
$32 for a reserved seat, starting to get pricey no? :o

Outrageous. They used to give em away and they still should, it's a massive missed opportunity by the AFL. Free entry to the NAB games would benefit all parties imv.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 09:39:57 PM »
I suppose its the only game ill go to in the preseason and it was a reserved seat. The childs ticket was $9 which wasnt bad. But if we were a struggling family with 3 kids it would cost around $90 odd to get in and have dec3nt seats etc. I understand general is cheaper but it appears the option for some folk is almost been removed which I think is sad.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 09:51:43 PM »
I think it's an opportunity for the clubs to tap into their cultural/sub-cultural/regional groups that they have been targeting ie; the Indian community. Give free tickets out at the big bash games, you could tap into people from all backgrounds. Send a couple of players out to Craigieburn and make sure every single student in the town gets a free ticket to the game. Send the cheer squads and members in for free to provide them with a taste of the tiger atmosphere that we are hopefully going to create this year. Get the newcomers hooked on it.

Of course if there is a demand for reserved seating like yourself EEA, then why not for a modest fee, to help offset the minimal cost of staging the game.

$32 is a joke and would scare people off before the season has even started.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 07:02:06 AM »
Money grabbing exercise for what is a practice match at best.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 11:01:15 AM by Ruanaidh »

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 12:32:43 PM »
has anyone got the timetable of all games.

Hopefully ours is first so i can go in and watch the first game

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 12:36:30 PM »
has anyone got the timetable of all games.

Hopefully ours is first so i can go in and watch the first game
We're playing in the 2nd and 3rd matches daniel.

6.45pm     Melb vs North

7.50pm     Rich vs Melb

8.55pm     Rich vs North

TV broadcast on Fox Footy starts at 6.30pm AEST.

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/304762606550388736/photo/1

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 02:02:29 PM »
With Richmond and North both expected to beat Melbourne that makes the evening's third game between the Tigers and the Roos the most important game of the night - with the winner of that match to give themselves a big chance of reaching this year's NAB Cup grand final.

The past three home-and-away meetings between the two teams have all been decided by 13 points or less - with North winning two - and the Kangaroos are again the favourites at around the $1.70 mark while the Tigers are paying $2.05 at sportsbet.com.au and better value of $2.10 at Betfair and Centrebet.

Full article at: http://www.sportal.com.au/bz-opinion-display/tigers,-roos-poised-for-dee-molition-223008