Author Topic: The battle for the bottom 4 of the top 8  (Read 23003 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: The battle for the bottom 4 of the top 8
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2013, 10:39:31 PM »
Karma to the douchebags

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2013, 10:39:47 PM »
A win tomorrow followed by knocking off the Dogs and we go two games clear of the Blues as well as the Crows. A massive game to win tomorrow  :gotigers.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: June 14, 2013, 10:40:33 PM »
Bloody blues are in front and have looked like winners most of the night.  Will throw a spanner in the works if they get an unexpected win over the hawks

Umpires screwed em

Nowhere near the same level that they anally skewered the Saints last week.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2013, 10:46:47 PM »
A win tomorrow followed by knocking off the Dogs and we go two games clear of the Blues as well as the Crows. A massive game to win tomorrow  :gotigers.
It will be a season shaping game....the kind that we have lost in the past. Tomorrow will prove whether or not the RFC is beginning to be worthy of a finals spot.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2013, 11:04:13 PM »
It will be a season shaping game....the kind that we have lost in the past. Tomorrow will prove whether or not the RFC is beginning to be worthy of a finals spot.
Yep, time for us to step up, deliver and rise to the expectation against a desperate but still average opponent. Time to break out of the old habit of playing (often down) to the level of our opponent. We need to come out from the first bounce and put our stamp and control on the game.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

TigerTimeII

« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2013, 12:02:58 AM »

this is why we may lose

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2013, 12:48:47 PM »

I'm personally of the view that it is looking at the season in blocks of 4-5 games is a better guide.
We are going to lose games we should or might want to win and vice versa.
While I would disappointed to lose today, it isn't wrist slashing stuff.
Middle of the road teams are going to beat each other, so it's very plausible that either side can win today given they are both "mid table" quality.
Having said that, am quietly confident today.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

tony_montana

« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2013, 12:51:30 PM »

I'm personally of the view that it is looking at the season in blocks of 4-5 games is a better guide.
We are going to lose games we should or might want to win and vice versa.
While I would disappointed to lose today, it isn't wrist slashing stuff.
Middle of the road teams are going to beat each other, so it's very plausible that either side can win today given they are both "mid table" quality.

true yandb but just for once I'd like some breathing space and a bit of a stress free run as a supporter  ;D Give us the win today and make it easier for once, rather than a loss and right back into a dogfight

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2013, 03:06:03 PM »
It would be wrist slashing stuff now if they don't carry on with the lead and win.
We have been good and need to win.
Being 2 games clear if crows and blues would be just the starting point for us....
In the words of rob Scneider.... you can do It!!!!!!!"
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

dwaino

« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2013, 03:09:39 PM »
It would be wrist slashing stuff now if they don't carry on with the lead and win.
We have been good and need to win.
Being 2 games clear if crows and blues would be just the starting point for us....
In the words of rob Scneider.... you can do It!!!!!!!"

Cut his bloody head off!  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2013, 07:36:39 PM »
Up to 6th :gotigers

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2013, 07:54:40 PM »
With some winnable games over the next few weeks we can further cement our spot and gain additional breathing space on these bottom of the 8 rivals.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: June 16, 2013, 12:53:27 AM »
I smell finals....anyone else getting a whiff of September action ?
Unleash the tornado

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2013, 01:38:27 AM »
Win the next 2 and I'm cancelling anything planned in September.  :clapping

Lose to the Dogs or Saints and I'll be looking at holiday destinations.

They were talking us up as top 4 chance after we win our next 4 at the end of tonights bummer game.

Rampstar

« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2013, 01:49:03 AM »
I just cancelled the Rosebud Caravan Park booking for September. Diggler wouldnt be too happy I dont thinks.  ;D