Author Topic: Changes for next week against Port?  (Read 6630 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week against Port?
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2013, 03:55:55 PM »
The reason I reckon they will go with Astbury is because Port have some height in their forward line and we might need to bolster our defence in that area.

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2013, 04:15:25 PM »
I can't see Astbury getting a game

Agree with wayne

Batch & Dea will come in for Grimes & Petterd

Unless Maric & Vickery dont' come up I can't see there being any other changes

I can't see Dea getting a game. I agree with Torch except I believe that they will bring in Tuck for Petterd. I also believe that either Edwards or Stephenson will come in for Vickery.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2013, 04:19:27 PM »
Reckon Vickery will play

I wouldn't play him as I am believer in concussed players having an automatic week off but footy clubs don't usually take the conservative approach
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2013, 06:25:14 PM »
I can't see Astbury getting a game

Agree with wayne

Batch & Dea will come in for Grimes & Petterd

Unless Maric & Vickery dont' come up I can't see there being any other changes
Wouldn't be surprised to see Matty White get omitted as well.

If they want to bring in Foley (who told me last night his ankle/foot is feeling really good  :thumbsup) then yep maybe.

With Foley it depends if they intend to see thorugh the "he must play 3 VFL games before he's considered for senior selection" mantra

Hasn't he played 3 games now? Or do you mean 3 full games?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2013, 06:26:43 PM »
A month of footy with at least 2-3 full games

So far he's played 1 full game; last week
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 08:07:05 PM by WilliamPowell »

TigerTimeII

« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2013, 07:53:53 PM »
looked crap for coburg, does not warrant selection at all
if foley get selected thats bs

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2013, 08:06:48 PM »

I agree. Wasn't up to standard and was hobbling after the game. Arnot and Tuck performed better in the midfield than he did.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2013, 08:07:46 PM »

I agree. Wasn't up to standard and was hobbling after the game. Arnot and Tuck performed better in the midfield than he did.

Certainly wasn't hobbling last night, walking fine and said the ankle/foot was good.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2013, 08:19:10 PM »
Username, I quite enjoy your opinions, even if I seldom agree with them. But your posts about Foley are completely void of balance or objectivity and are therefore useless to us all.

the claw

« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2013, 09:11:00 PM »
b/ morris - chaplin - grimes.  chaplins turn overs concern me.
hb/ vlastuin - rance/astbury - dea. sick to death of the mistakes and poor judgement from rance he must be in the gun. astbury must be close.
c/ ellis - tuck - deledio. had enough of grigg and his soft efforts, almost non existent defensive game and poor foot skills. gotta bring tuck back in.
hf/ edwards - astbury/elton - martin. if we dont play astbury back play him forward if not astbury give elton a goif for no other reason than experience.
f/ maric - riewoldt - king. play ivan as a third tall restig ruck forward.  play him 70% forward. and give him a break.
r/ stephenson - cotchin - foley
int/ knights/edwards - newman - houli - helbig/arnot. tempted to do a sydney and just rotate two ruckman from the bench with pinch hits forward  aaron edwards gives us a different type of structure.
ins - stephenson - astbury - dea - tuck - foley and one of helbig or arnot.  possibly but unlikely elton and a edwards.
outs - vickery inj/poor form - rance poor form- white not up to standard- grigg poor form and soft as - petterd not up to it - mcguane very harsh but hes not the way forward.

oh and i know 5 or 6 changes is not going to happen im hoping for at least 4 thoiugh.

tony_montana

« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2013, 09:57:26 PM »
Im surprised people are still calling for McGuane to be dropped. The guys is in our top 10 performed players so far this season and is getting better and better the more games he gets under his belt up forward. Its like all those years of confidence sapping hammerings he took playing down back are being whittled away game by game. Every mug deserves an even break, he's earnt his.

He's gone from being a scrapper that battles hard to now winning more than his share of 1 on 1 contests, if he doesnt win the contest he neutralises it, which is what all good forwards should do.

What he still needs to work on is to now lead higher up the ground  more often, as both jack and Vickery just dont have the work ethic to continually give us a chop out leading up the wings. Ideally Lids could play this role for us for sustained periods in matches once Tuck, Foley and Conca are firmly entrenched back in that midfield. That would be a forward line that would be hard to matchup on.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2013, 10:07:16 PM »

Yeah but did they say 3 full games or just 3 weeks?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2013, 10:07:54 PM »
b/ morris - chaplin - grimes.  chaplins turn overs concern me.
hb/ vlastuin - rance/astbury - dea. sick to death of the mistakes and poor judgement from rance he must be in the gun. astbury must be close.
c/ ellis - tuck - deledio. had enough of grigg and his soft efforts, almost non existent defensive game and poor foot skills. gotta bring tuck back in.
hf/ edwards - astbury/elton - martin. if we dont play astbury back play him forward if not astbury give elton a goif for no other reason than experience.
f/ maric - riewoldt - king. play ivan as a third tall restig ruck forward.  play him 70% forward. and give him a break.
r/ stephenson - cotchin - foley
int/ knights/edwards - newman - houli - helbig/arnot. tempted to do a sydney and just rotate two ruckman from the bench with pinch hits forward  aaron edwards gives us a different type of structure.
ins - stephenson - astbury - dea - tuck - foley and one of helbig or arnot.  possibly but unlikely elton and a edwards.
outs - vickery inj/poor form - rance poor form- white not up to standard- grigg poor form and soft as - petterd not up to it - mcguane very harsh but hes not the way forward.

oh and i know 5 or 6 changes is not going to happen im hoping for at least 4 thoiugh.

Didn't you say to never mess with structure?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2013, 07:07:26 AM »

Yeah but did they say 3 full games or just 3 weeks?

:-\

They said at least 1 month = 4 weeks at VFL level and that he needed to play at least 2-3 full games

First couple of games were to be part games. 1st game was half a game , 2nd was about 75% game time and then full games. Currently he's played only 1 full game

Clear   :huh

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2013, 07:09:15 AM »
Im surprised people are still calling for McGuane to be dropped. The guys is in our top 10 performed players so far this season and is getting better and better the more games he gets under his belt up forward. Its like all those years of confidence sapping hammerings he took playing down back are being whittled away game by game. Every mug deserves an even break, he's earnt his.

He's gone from being a scrapper that battles hard to now winning more than his share of 1 on 1 contests, if he doesnt win the contest he neutralises it, which is what all good forwards should do.

What he still needs to work on is to now lead higher up the ground  more often, as both jack and Vickery just dont have the work ethic to continually give us a chop out leading up the wings. Ideally Lids could play this role for us for sustained periods in matches once Tuck, Foley and Conca are firmly entrenched back in that midfield. That would be a forward line that would be hard to matchup on.

fair call