Author Topic: Week, Gutless Club  (Read 12306 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Week, Gutless Club
« on: May 26, 2013, 09:16:37 AM »
We are worse than any club I the comp, we have no guts, pride, self belief, nothing. We will never change, we are the laughing stock of the AFL!

I am so close to walking away from this club and game.....
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

dwaino

Re: Week, Gutless Club
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 09:21:47 AM »
crap club.

Rampstar

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 09:22:03 AM »
Have to agree we are weak and gutless but you have to explain why. for me the weakness and the gutlessness comes from never finishing a rebuild never truly doing the job properly. Hardwick is at fault not because he is outcoached or anything he is at fault because he promised no short cuts, he promised a full rebuild and instead we have recycled city. Should have just stuck to taking kids in the draft he would have more time given to him but he has fallen for what every other Richmond coach has fallen for in the past - wanting success to quickly and getting in rejects, second playing favorites like Jackson etc and 3rd not getting rid of players that have been at the club for years and never achieved anything in terms of team success. These things will do to Hardwicks career what they did to every Richmond coach over the last 30 years - it will destroy his coaching career and kill it off in it tracks. Dimmas a good bloke but the mistakes are now starting to tally up.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 09:27:08 AM »
Have to agree we are weak and gutless but you have to explain why. for me the weakness and the gutlessness comes from never finishing a rebuild never truly doing the job properly. Hardwick is at fault not because he is outcoached or anything he is at fault because he promised no short cuts, he promised a full rebuild and instead we have recycled city. Should have just stuck to taking kids in the draft he would have more time given to him but he has fallen for what every other Richmond coach has fallen for in the past - wanting success to quickly and getting in rejects, second playing favorites like Jackson etc and 3rd not getting rid of players that have been at the club for years and never achieved anything in terms of team success. These things will do to Hardwicks career what they did to every Richmond coach over the last 30 years - it will destroy his coaching career and kill it off in it tracks. Dimmas a good bloke but the mistakes are now starting to tally up.

Do I really ave to explain why? It's obvious, I just can't believe it, I am really peeed with this loss. I just don't know anymore, why should we put our heart and sole into something that the players don't.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 09:31:20 AM »
But Ramps we are bringing in kids when we can, you can't expect 6 good kids a draft and we are basically getting one or two each year.  He's been here 4 years so he has between 5 and 8 good players with real AFL potential.  And he inherited 2 or 3.  The rest of the list is just passable AFL players, most of our holes have been filled. 

Its got a lot to do with our underfunding recruiting for years and the massively compromised drafts of the last 4 years, you probably had to outspend other clubs to get a better result in the draft and we didn't have the cash.  Spend average get average.  Geelong are flukes or are doing something that everyone else doesn't know about.

Rampstar

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 09:31:55 AM »
breaking a cycle of mediocrity is a difficult exercise and it becomes harder as every generation struggles harder to achieve it.  Richmond needs to recruit "A grade players". Carlton were a rabble - they got Judd and became finals contenders. Richmond were a rabble and got the likes of Houli and Grigg and Maric and Knights and Chaplin etc. These boys are great lads but they aint gonna ever lift us into contention. Judd put Carlton into contention and they will play finals again.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 09:40:27 AM »
Our jumper: Discipline, Awareness, Belief,  Desperate.

I didn't see it, I don't believe it an neither do the players.

As supporters we've been taken for a ride.
We've been lied to, deceived and misled.

"If you can't win your own ball, you won't play for this jumper"

"We won't be gifting games to anyone"

"We want to play finals"

Buuuuulllllllllssssssssshhhhhhiiiiiiiittttt!!!!!!!
The club that keeps giving.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 09:40:42 AM »
Also after this year you would expect he gets rid of the final lot of so so players that got recruited under the Wallace era and some of the so so players he has recruited.  The list ought to be better next year again, but its been very hard for average teams to build a critical mass of good players during this period. 

North have struggled, Port, Carlton have struggled too and they have had the cash, Geelong got theirs before this period and have only been topping up.  Essendon got the a number of theirs before this period, Hurley, Zaha 2008 etc and 5 years in are now showing the results. 

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 09:42:41 AM »
breaking a cycle of mediocrity is a difficult exercise and it becomes harder as every generation struggles harder to achieve it.  Richmond needs to recruit "A grade players". Carlton were a rabble - they got Judd and became finals contenders. Richmond were a rabble and got the likes of Houli and Grigg and Maric and Knights and Chaplin etc. These boys are great lads but they aint gonna ever lift us into contention. Judd put Carlton into contention and they will play finals again.

All those players are hole fillers, all of them.  Upgrading from poor to average.  yes they wont get you a premiership but they will and did improve our list.  Versus some kid drafted at 90 who clogs your list for 2 years and gets dropped.

Carlton also have a lot of cash to spend, where the 75 3 0 plan and the fighting tiger fund comes in.  We need more cash, if you've got a spare million or two lying around doing nothing the club could do with it. 

I haven't looked but I bet the likes of Essendon and Carlton outspend us by 5 million or so a year.

Rampstar

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 09:46:48 AM »

All those players are hole fillers, all of them.  Upgrading from poor to average.  yes they wont get you a premiership but they will and did improve our list.  Versus some kid drafted at 90 who clogs your list for 2 years and gets dropped.

Carlton also have a lot of cash to spend, where the 75 3 0 plan and the fighting tiger fund comes in.  We need more cash, if you've got a spare million or two lying around doing nothing the club could do with it. 

I haven't looked but I bet the likes of Essendon and Carlton outspend us by 5 million or so a year.

whats the point of bringing in any player if they cant help you win a flag or put you into a position of winning a flag?

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 10:03:16 AM »

Everything you say may be true but when you look at Geelong everything you say is not so true.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2013, 10:20:53 AM »
Playing Nahas and Lonergan doesn't help Dimmas cause or his credibility
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 10:23:51 AM »
Playing Nahas and Lonergan doesn't help Dimmas cause or his credibility

Agree would rather see a kid in their place than these two

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2013, 10:34:37 AM »
Once again let down again in a big game by our so called A grade mids in downhill skiers Cotch,Lids and Martin along with sooky la la Jack and Softasbutter Vickery

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2013, 10:36:15 AM »
Once again let down again in a big game by our so called A grade mids in downhill skiers Cotch,Lids and Martin along with sooky la la Jack and Softasbutter Vickery

x2

"Rucks: