Author Topic: Riewoldt contract talks stall / 9 big name Tigers out of contract (Age)  (Read 8399 times)

Rampstar

Ramps,

Lonergan & Stephenson are rookies and even though they are both elevated rookies their coin wouldn't be close to $200-$250k combined. 

But understand your point though.

I also included Derrickx in that group so thats how I got to about 250k. Derrickx would get the minimum at least and that would have been atleast 80-100k. completely wasted money IMHO.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
How does Caro even know all of this is true?

I doubt the part about Cotchin the most especially since he said he signed a 2 year deal to keep him on his best game and not get too comfortable. I trust the captain of RFC over her.

I wouldn't doubt Caro and her RFC sources, usually pretty accurate.

Did you believe the tripe about Cotch only taking 2 yrs to keep him on his toes?

I do believe it, I think sometimes people try and dig too deep when really the truth is right there.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
How does Caro even know all of this is true?

I doubt the part about Cotchin the most especially since he said he signed a 2 year deal to keep him on his best game and not get too comfortable. I trust the captain of RFC over her.

I wouldn't doubt Caro and her RFC sources, usually pretty accurate.

Did you believe the tripe about Cotch only taking 2 yrs to keep him on his toes?

I do believe it, I think sometimes people try and dig too deep when really the truth is right there.

Unless of course it isn't  ;D ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Ramps,

Lonergan & Stephenson are rookies and even though they are both elevated rookies their coin wouldn't be close to $200-$250k combined. 

I also included Derrickx in that group so thats how I got to about 250k. Derrickx would get the minimum at least and that would have been atleast 80-100k. completely wasted money IMHO.

yeah I know you did but I don't think there's much point including rookie wages. Stephenson is a cheap short term cover for big Ivan

Agree Derickx will be gone seasons end but he doesn't offer you much of a saving

Would think to free up some real coin on our list we need to look at trading someone (B grader) out

Rampstar

Ramps,

yeah I know you did but I don't think there's much point including rookie wages. Stephenson is a cheap short term cover for big Ivan

Agree Derickx will be gone seasons end but he doesn't offer you much of a saving

Would think to free up some real coin on our list we need to look at trading someone (B grader) out

the accountant is knit picking over a palty 100-200k lol  :lol

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
I don't think Riewoldt will leave but this is exactly why we need Vickery to step up. Even if Riewoldt gets injuried our forward line will be in trouble. Do we need to look at picking up a cheap 2nd tall via FA Edwards has been average.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond

No the accountant is knit picking over the need to find another $400k minimum

Removing list cloggers isn't going to free that much coin

need to move 1 or 2 and free up $350-600K IMHO

;D

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Ramps,

Yep, no point including rookies/ minimum wage players because they need to be replaced by exactly the same wage anyway.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir

No the accountant is knit picking over the need to find another $400k minimum

Removing list cloggers isn't going to free that much coin

need to move 1 or 2 and free up $350-600K IMHO

;D

If mcgaune and Edwards were delisted today how much extra cap room would we have?

Jackson too.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Jackson wont be delisted, so I dont know why you would continue to belt your head against a wall over that.

Edwards would be on a minimal wage. Mcguane would have taken a pay cut last year too. When you take into account you have to replace players with someone else on the list, the savings are not that great.

Im not real sure how it works now, i think that putting players onto the veterns list is one of the better ways to free up salary space.
Otherwise you start looking at losing your higher paid 2nd tier players, which I believe is what Hardwick has said happens when you bring in marquee players under free agency in other sports.

Imagine if we had payed some extraordinary amount for cloke like some people wanted. The discussion now wouldn't be about how satisfy all these players, but how many and who we will lose.

With so many young players on thge list, if we are to continue improving, these players, by way of performance, will start to demand bigger wages, so this problem should only get worse. Im actually a little bit flabbergasted and concerned that a middle of the road side who hasnt played finals in eons is having this issue.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
If Jackson is delisted to have suffice money for deledio / cot chin / martin / jack is it not worth thinking about?

As u say we have a young list with salary cap issues that will only increase. Is the solution not to remove list blockers?

Caro should stick to jameshird / peptides

Rampstar

How many years does someone need to have been on a list before you can stick half their salary onto a veterans list. Lids would almost have 10 years service.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
If Jackson is delisted to have suffice money for deledio / cot chin / martin / jack is it not worth thinking about?

As u say we have a young list with salary cap issues that will only increase. Is the solution not to remove list blockers?

Caro should stick to jameshird / peptides
what im saying is that Jackson being delisted is an "IF" that aint gunna happen anytime soon, so its better for your sanity to accept it rather than get worked up about it.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
What would Nahas be on? He should be shown the door come seasons end! Trade him to GWS.

Rampstar

McGuane & Nahas combined would be getting 500k