Author Topic: Richmond vs Fremantle - Round 17, 2013 / Derby Hangover  (Read 9031 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond vs Fremantle - Round 17, 2013 / Derby Hangover
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 01:26:51 PM »
MCG website saying they are expecting a crowd of 52k to game on Sunday.

Kids get in free this week too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event:                    AFL Round 17
Teams:                  Richmond v Fremantle
Date:                     Sunday July 21, 2013
Start time:              1.10pm

Gate opening:
Public/AFL members: 9.45am
MCC members: 9.45am

Tickets: Reserved seats available now at Ticketek.

Car park opening:
Gate 3: 7.30am
Gate 5: 9.00am
Gate 6: 7.30am
Gate 7: 9.00am (media, corporate and disabled pass holders only)

**Road closures will be in place in the MCG precinct and the CBD until 12.00pm for the Run Melbourne event. Please allow extra travel time to the MCG.  Refer to the www.runmelbourne.com.au website for road closures information.

Expected attendance: 52,000

General admission seating:
To be advised on Monday July 15.

Special ticket offer!

Richmond FC is giving junior supporters the chance to see the Tigers take on Fremantle for free!

Any person aged 15 years or younger can receive a complimentary general admission ticket to see the Tigers and the Dockers in action at the MCG.

Adults can also receive a discount, and pay only $20 for a ticket, if they pre-book.

To receive your complimentary junior access ticket, or adult discount to the game, register your details here.

Also, before the game kicks-off, head to the ME Bank Centre, Punt Road Oval from 10:30am for some great kids activities including petting zoo, jumping castle and appearances by Richmond players.

Cheersquad allocation:
Richmond - Bay M3 (Rows A-K) and Bay M4 (Rows A-K)
Fremantle - Bay M33 (Rows A-S)

http://www.mcg.org.au/Events/Upcoming%20Events/Event%20Details.aspx?eid=1c7637b5-2946-4ca2-b24a-892edab484ca

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 01:27:44 PM »
Why are they expecting so much? Won't go over 45k
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 01:39:52 PM »
Why are they expecting so much? Won't go over 45k

How the stuff would you know?

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 01:44:41 PM »
I worry about this game. We are not in good form and Fremantle have returning players gaining valuable game time. My only saving grace is the possibility of A couple of Freo injuries/Suspensions. Our goal convention is a real issue to for this game. We will have less opportunities to score so we will need to make the most of them.

Some people will point to how narrowly we lost to them earlier in the year but we did the same last year and was subsequently blown out of the water in our return game at the MCG. If the weather in clear, Morris shuts Ballentine down, we rove well to Sandilands, Pav is suspended and Jack gets involved in the game we will win.

Going to be a hard slog regardless

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 01:55:19 PM »
I worry about this game. We are not in good form and Fremantle have returning players gaining valuable game time. My only saving grace is the possibility of A couple of Freo injuries/Suspensions. Our goal convention is a real issue to for this game. We will have less opportunities to score so we will need to make the most of them.

Some people will point to how narrowly we lost to them earlier in the year but we did the same last year and was subsequently blown out of the water in our return game at the MCG. If the weather in clear, Morris shuts Ballentine down, we rove well to Sandilands, Pav is suspended and Jack gets involved in the game we will win.

Going to be a hard slog regardless

Agreed that Morris will be crucial in this one with the shut down job of Ballantyne. I hope we don't try the send the Deledio to Mundy tactic again though. In an ideal world, send the biscuit to take out Crowley, untagged Deledio then tears poo up. Not sure how Maric would hold up against the Sandman

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2013, 02:29:45 PM »
The club needs to watch the geelong v freo match to see how to beat freo. To beat them we need to be at our defensive best and need quick movement into forward line. No bombing. Deledio to play full forward. He is a good mark over head and is good on a lead. Need to kick straight or we are gone.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2013, 02:31:42 PM »
Deledio would kick 6 if he was left at full forward for an entire game.

The bloke is a gun.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2013, 03:12:11 PM »
Is he Bents? bigtone says he's pathetic. Who do I believe?

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2013, 04:09:18 PM »
Pav out for 3

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2013, 04:20:03 PM »
Pav out for 3

Yep

From the AFL site:

Matthew Pavlich, Fremantle, has been charged with a level three bumping or making forceful contact from front-on to an opponent with his head over the ball (400 demerit points, four-match sanction) for bumping or making forceful contact from front-on against Mitch Brown, West Coast, during the third quarter of the round 16 match between Fremantle and West Coast, played at Patersons Stadium on Sunday July 14, 2013.

In summary, due to his previous poor record, he can accept a three-match sanction with an early plea

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-15/mrp-full-statement-round-16

***MRP threw out the report against GC's Tom Murphy for kneeing Ricky Petterd in the back:

The match day report against the Gold Coast Suns’ Tom Murphy for kneeing Richmond’s Ricky Petterd was assessed. The ball was loose and heading towards the boundary line when Petterd dived towards the ball. Murphy was coming to the contest from the side and the Gold Coast player attempted to bump his Richmond opponent, rolling over the top of him. After viewing all available footage, receiving a medical report from the Richmond Football Club and speaking to the umpire who laid the report on the day, it was the view of the panel that Murphy’s actions were a legitimate attempt to bump. No further action was taken.

And the sniper Brown wasn't even looked at  :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2013, 05:12:30 PM »
Nice start - Pavlich loves his Tigers
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2013, 06:14:06 PM »
Is he Bents? bigtone says he's pathetic. Who do I believe?
:lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2013, 07:10:25 PM »
Preview: Tigers v Dockers

By Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
5:34pm AEST Monday, July 15, 2013

SUMMARY

The Tigers broke their Cairns hoodoo on Saturday evening when they beat Gold Coast at Cazalys Stadium after two unsuccessful tries at the Far North Queensland venue. It was their fifth win in six games and came on the back of their hugely disappointing loss to North Melbourne the previous week. For the Dockers, a win over cross-town rivals West Coast on Sunday was their sixth victory in seven games and has them fifth on the ladder; six points ahead of the Tigers. This will be their first trip to the MCG this year having last played there in their successful elimination final against Geelong last season.

WHERE AND WHEN: the MCG, Sunday July 21, 1.10pm

TV AND RADIO: Click here for broadcast guide

PAST FIVE TIMES
Rd 5, 2013, Fremantle 12.9 (81) d Richmond 12.8 (80) at Patersons Stadium
Rd 21, 2012, Fremantle 13.16 (94) d Richmond 11.6 (72) at Patersons Stadium
Rd 11, 2012, Fremantle 12.6 (78) d Richmond 9.12 (66) at the MCG
Rd 7, 2011, Richmond 23.10 (148) d Fremantle 14.15 (99) at the MCG
RD 15, 2010, Richmond 15.10 (100) d Fremantle 11.15 (81) at Etihad Stadium

THE SIX POINTS

1. Fremantle defeated Richmond earlier this season in round five at Patersons Stadium in a one-point thriller. Hayden Ballantyne kicked four goals in the win.

2. After starting the season with an overall placing of 127th in the Official AFL Player Ratings, Ballantyne has fallen slightly in recent weeks. Since round 11, he dropped as low as 158th after round 14 and is now 157th with a club ranking of eight, with his five goals in round 15 against St Kilda producing a slight spike.

3. The Dockers have won the past three contests between the clubs. This will be the 29th clash between them with the Tigers holding the narrow advantage of 15 wins to 13.

4. The Tigers easily hold the advantage when it comes to playing at the MCG. They've met nine times at the hallowed ground with the home team leading with seven wins to two from the contests.

5. When it comes to Damien Hardwick and Ross Lyon being pitted against each other, the former St Kilda coach is the easy leader. Lyon has coached eight wins from nine clashes against Hardwick, with the other result a draw in 2011.

6. Fremantle has the best defence in 2013. The Dockers have conceded only 70 points a game while the Tigers' average is 82, which ranks them fourth. Offensively, the Tigers are ahead with an average of 96 points a game to Fremantle's 88.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-15/preview-tigers-v-dockers

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2013, 07:55:41 PM »
We will win this by 35 points plus, if we go back to playing the way we did against the Eagles and we kick straight. We have a point to prove in this game, I just hope the weather will be kind to.

Don't be surprised if we do to the Dockers what North did to us.. :thumbsup

We also have to stop that little prickentine.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2013, 09:27:43 PM »
Depending on which weather website you look at plenty of rain expected on Thursday and Friday with 4-5 mm expected on Saturday and Sunday. I expect the game to be a an even lower scoring slog if that is the case so given Pav kicked 6 out of 12 last year in a two goal win to Freo and he is going to miss 10 goals may be a winning score this time round.

I believe we can beat them this week even if it is 10 goals to 7 or 8. :thumbsup