Author Topic: Finals tickets  (Read 13503 times)

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Finals tickets
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2013, 09:13:29 AM »
Still waiting, stupid website.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2013, 09:15:05 AM »
Yes extremely painful process

Ticketek website not coping with the traffic at all

Anyway seats in the Olympic stand category 1  :clapping :clapping which is what the crew wanted

I actually ended up using their other online site

m.ticketek.com.au

If you are haing trouble with the main one, try the "m" one much quicker
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2013, 09:19:03 AM »
How do they guarantee that all the members who have guaranteed finals tickets actually get a ticket?  :whistle

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2013, 09:30:04 AM »
How do they guarantee that all the members who have guaranteed finals tickets actually get a ticket?  :whistle

They can't  :banghead :banghead and it is wrong IMHO and not good enough. Again hate to categorise different levels of m'ship but when folks pay extra for their m'ship based on a guarantee then I should receive what they's paid for

Response I got from the Club when we discussed this very point was "you get guaranteed access to purchase tickets" not a guaranteed ticket except for the GF. Mentioned to them during this "discusssion" that my package clearly states "guaranteed tickets to every final that the RFC participates in" = Massive difference IMVHO

Response..... (insert stony silence here) then "we'll need to look at that wording"  ::)

Right now it doesn't matter as I got tickets but struth if we had of missed out ....  :banghead :banghead

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2013, 09:40:19 AM »

They can't  :banghead :banghead and it is wrong IMHO and not good enough. Again hate to categorise different levels of m'ship but when folks pay extra for their m'ship based on a guarantee then I should receive what they's paid for

Response I got from the Club when we discussed this very point was "you get guaranteed access to purchase tickets" not a guaranteed ticket except for the GF. Mentioned to them during this "discusssion" that my package clearly states "guaranteed tickets to every final that the RFC participates in" = Massive difference IMVHO

Response..... (insert stony silence here) then "we'll need to look at that wording"  ::)

Right now it doesn't matter as I got tickets but struth if we had of missed out ....  :banghead :banghead

I think the higher your membership category is ,the better seat you get that they give you by the barcode.
That's what I'm thinking.

I got the middle stand behind the outer punt road goal 6th row.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2013, 09:42:09 AM »

Seriously? If I missed out I would have been asking for my extra money back. It's not even clever wording to trick people.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2013, 09:44:00 AM »
I used the mobile site, got M55.  :gotigers

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2013, 09:47:59 AM »
I think the higher your membership category is ,the better seat you get that they give you by the barcode.
That's what I'm thinking.
I got the middle stand behind the outer punt road goal 6th row.

Absolutely not

I actually have a pretty high membership category (coterie memebership) and it makes no difference at all

Just ask the folks who fork out for Jack Club or Legends Club - we've all had to do exactly the same as everyone else this morning = no special seats, no speacial allocation. barcodes makes no difference, if we get seats great if wer miss out bad luck

Only seat choice you get was the category (1, 2, 3 etc) but I had no option on the actual seat, wanted level 2 Olympic all I could get was Level 1

Might see you we're in M53

Seriously? If I missed out I would have been asking for my extra money back. It's not even clever wording to trick people.

Seriously

also got told that as long as I was on the internet at 9am today I wouldn't miss out (and I haven't ) but as we are seeing the ticketek website is not coping and I am afraid somewhere along the line there will be people who are going to miss out in some way

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2013, 10:04:17 AM »
Lol lucky I got up. Been thinking I was guaranteed a ticket all year because that's what it says.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2013, 10:22:20 AM »
Couldnt get a category 1 or 2 ended up getting category 3 which is ponsford stand lower level.

Just happy not to be in the top deck....

dwaino

« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2013, 10:25:22 AM »
Got the missus to do it when she got to work. Originally had M11 Cat3 but the site kept dying. I told her to just get whatever she could as long as it was category 3. She got through on the mobile site and we're now M28. She said she definitely chose Richmond allocation so I hope there are some Tigers around there  :pray would have thought it would be more Carlton that end  :help

Probably in my H&A seat  :'(

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2013, 10:28:39 AM »
Got the missus to do it when she got to work. Originally had M11 Cat3 but the site kept dying. I told her to just get whatever she could as long as it was category 3. She got through on the mobile site and we're now M28. She said she definitely chose Richmond allocation so I hope there are some Tigers around there  :pray would have thought it would be more Carlton that end  :help

I used the mobile site, got M55:gotigers

Probably in my H&A seat  :'(

That is funny, same happened to me! It was lagging so bad, so I used my iPhone (ticketek  and it was a breeze. Got M54, seems like Richmond members will be in M55, M54 or the whole Olympic Stand Level 1?

BRING IT ON CARLTON!

GO TIGERS!!!

:gotigers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2013, 10:31:55 AM »
Finally got mine  :thumbsup. Only took forever! Thanks Ticketek  ::)  :rollin.

WP is right. Whatever type of RFC membership you have makes no difference on the Ticketek website. You are put in the same queue as everyone else trying to access any of the four finals. Once you finally get in ::), the only thing you can choose is to be part of the RFC allocation and which seating category (1 to 7) you want and then you've given whatever seat they give you.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2013, 10:41:53 AM »

WP is right. Whatever type of RFC membership you have makes no difference on the Ticketek website. You are put in the same queue as everyone else trying to access any of the four finals. Once you finally get in ::), the only thing you can choose is to be part of the RFC allocation and which seating category (1 to 7) you want and then you've given whatever seat they give you.

The only thing any of us are guaranteed is GF tickets if that's part of your membership. But that not much use this week  ;D

membership Barcodes that haven't got that guarantee wouldn't work but for weeks 1-3 of the finals it's a free for all  :banghead

And sorry I'll say it again it isn't good enough for people who have in good faith paid extra. Every piece of paper I have says as an IS member I am guaranteed tickets to every final the RFC participates in. I've since been told this is not the case and I'm peeved about it  >:(

Fortunately, I got tickets but I feel for those folks who have been trying for since 9am this morning but are getting timed out because of the incompetance of the ticket agent = Ticketek

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2013, 11:02:26 AM »

The only thing any of us are guaranteed is GF tickets if that's part of your membership. But that not much use this week  ;D

membership Barcodes that haven't got that guarantee wouldn't work but for weeks 1-3 of the finals it's a free for all  :banghead

And sorry I'll say it again it isn't good enough for people who have in good faith paid extra. Every piece of paper I have says as an IS member I am guaranteed tickets to every final the RFC participates in. I've since been told this is not the case and I'm peeved about it  >:(

Fortunately, I got tickets but I feel for those folks who have been trying for since 9am this morning but are getting timed out because of the incompetance of the ticket agent = Ticketek
Based on today's experience do we really have guaranteed access to the GF if we make one?! :-\ If GF tickets are allocated and distributed to RFC members via the Club then fine but if we have to go through the Ticketek website then good luck!  :scream

The weird thing about today is I actually got offered better seats once I finally got back on 30 minutes later after being timed out and having to queue all over again. That's why I normally still go to the outlets so I can choose what I want rather than having a computer just spit out some random seats. However given you had to get the tickets this morning from 9am I went via the Ticketek website hoping it would be more convenient and faster  :P  :scream. Anyway I've got my ticket so it's all done.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd