Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton - 1st Elimination Final 2013  (Read 14014 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond vs Carlton - 1st Elimination Final 2013
« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2013, 06:57:05 PM »
Bitterly disappointed but sadly part of me isn't surprised. Could feel it coming in the 3rd. How they could not stand someone next to Judd in the 3rd that ended up gifting them 2 clearances and 2 really soft goals was the turning point for mine. Judd gave them leadership when they needed it while at the same time ours went missing.

That IMV was the difference and losing Conca so early.

Can i also say some blokes went missing big time as the game went on
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Rampstar

« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2013, 06:57:48 PM »
Bitterly disappointed but sadly part of me isn't surprised. Could feel it coming in the 3rd. How they could not stand someone next to Judd in the 3rd that ended up gifting them 2 clearances and 2 really soft goals was the turning point for mine. Judd gave them leadership when they needed it while at the same time ours went missing.

That IMV was the difference and losing Conca so early.

Can i also say some blokes went missing big time as the game went on

Name some names.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2013, 07:01:38 PM »
The Cameo King, Vickery
Jake King was he out there today?
Shane Edwards
Steve Morris was terrible
Shaun Griff was well typical Griff

Want me to go?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Rampstar

« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2013, 07:03:12 PM »
The Cameo King, Vickery
Jake King was he out there today?
Shane Edwards
Steve Morris was terrible
Shaun Griff was well typical Griff

Want me to go?

yeah coz I think they werent the only ones who werent up to finals footy today although Vickery did some nice things in the first half.

Offline hyperlite

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2013, 07:08:31 PM »
gutted again.

we were very complacent after midway thru the 2nd. it was like watching a predictable movie.

i absolutely hate losing to this flowerstain team. twice in a row weve dropped off and let these trollops run over us.

bitter doesnt come close to how i feel right now.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2013, 07:13:41 PM »
I Dont get why we do the hold the ball up in the air slow down defensive CRAP !

Whenever we do that we start playing horribly !!! even against gws they started to kick some goals and gain little momentum, but against better sides its just too costly.

tony_montana

« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2013, 07:20:45 PM »
gutted again.

we were very complacent after midway thru the 2nd. it was like watching a predictable movie.

i absolutely hate losing to this flowerstain team. twice in a row weve dropped off and let these trollops run over us.

agree! At the 20 min mark of the 2nd I started getting worried, yeah we were in front but yoy could sense we were content.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2013, 07:30:50 PM »
Hahahahaha we are a disgrace
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2013, 07:42:06 PM »
Just got home.

Obviously dissapointed in letting the game slip. What makes it worse is its Carlton. What makes it even worse is they qualified by default.

First and foremost the players have to take responsibility. Too many passengers today. The two which immediatly come to mind are Shane Edwards and Kingy. Very quiet. Compare that to Carltons small forwards.

Morris had a shocker, riewoldt what can I say still injured, Ellis was quiet, Grigg was nowhere and I would have thought Newman would be more pumped.

Ill also add my agreement to Vickery, aka Mr Cameo. By far not our worst but gee whiz he gets so many opportunities his hands are almost criminal and hence he doesnt kick bags.

Im baffled that we could let the same script play out against Carlton. What measures were put in place to prevent this? Were they adhered to?

I thought the Umpiring was interesting. A bit each way, they let patches go which was good but there were some shockers. Probably below finals standard.

Other than that, it was an awesome day in the sun amongst the loudest Richmond crowd ever! Well be back.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2013, 07:43:24 PM »
Lose this and the club can get stuffed!

GET stuffED!!!

Cya mate

Oh and I didn't think Vickery was as bad as people lead on. When Maric couldn't get a tap to save his life in the last Vickery went in and at least got his hand to the ball. Maric shouldn't of played so far his a one year wonder.

Gigantor

« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2013, 07:45:00 PM »
Can I add to this,that I have had a gutfull of jack getting praised for his 1% and sharing the ball round.Since Geez played for Jerusalem seconds full forwards have kicked goals and plenty of them.He needs to start doing that pronto.
And please no more cast offs from other clubs who are really just average footballers.
As for today I reckon our backline was horrible.Morro and grimesy played like they were wearing ice skates.
grigg ,ellis and titch weren't to be seen.
Agreed Ty played some dumb football today.he continues to get under the ball which reduces his chance of marking it by half
Lastly they all need to have a a look at cotch how he throws himself about...that's desperation

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2013, 07:45:11 PM »

GET stuffED!!!

See ya and dont come back.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Gigantor

« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2013, 07:49:15 PM »
I wonder whats the record of clubs playing finals after long break who lose?

Offline hyperlite

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2013, 07:52:36 PM »
gutted again.

agree! At the 20 min mark of the 2nd I started getting worried, yeah we were in front but yoy could sense we were content.

yep... it was a script waiting to happen. Felt like we just weren't serious enough, had the chance to put the foot on their throat and just willowed away letting the game take its course. Not good enough.

It's just so disappointing, a real shocking way to end the season, felt like we just laid down in the end.

The fact of losing is bad enough, but to see these muppets play next week ... i almost want to put a ban on footy until 2014.

I'm sure im not the only one.

To all the other tigers fans out there with bruised ego's and sore knuckles from punching seats on the way out, you're not alone.

thank god we have somewhere to vent!

Ruanaidh

« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2013, 07:55:47 PM »

GET stuffED!!!

See ya and dont come back.
You can add me to that list. Weak players, gutless, brainless coaches and opportunistic administration. Goodbye Richmond FC. I only wish I did this 20 years ago.    Oh and goodbye OER.....it was the best of  times and the worst of times.......get away from this rubbish programming.