Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 81090 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #690 on: October 21, 2013, 04:07:07 PM »
we take a ruckman, who led the league in average hit outs to advantage and was equal 6th for contested marks, to give much needed support for maric, and now the same people who squealed over that now want to get Karnezis, who has done what?

stuff me, hampson had more contested marks in his last two games that Karnezis has for his career

Karny is a wingman. I reckon you'd be performing some heavy suck work if it were him and not Hampson coming to Punt Road. ;D I'd take Karny. Wouldn't give up pick 28/32 for him though. I wouldn't give up that pick for Hampson either. Why? Because neither of them are worth it. Would happily take both at our club though.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #691 on: October 21, 2013, 04:52:53 PM »
i cant find any reason to get excited over hamster, but i can see why we took him.
i cant find any reason for taking karnesis.

if you think thats suck work, so be it.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

« Reply #692 on: October 21, 2013, 05:52:18 PM »
Should chase Adams harder and offer pick 12 if necessary. Offer him more money.

Pick 12 is a good pick, but if we're going for another mid (most likely) why not take the risk (of getting a dud) out of the equation and grab a player like Adams with two years under his belt, a strong body, and a clearly very good talent. Worth pick 12 any day and the certainty of knowing he's a gun should make it a priority.
No. We've set our limit if he won't accept let it be. How's Conca going to feel watching Adams run around on an extra 100k or 300k over the life of their 3 year deals. Same price as Conca is fair, if he refuses then so be it. Move on, draft another player we like.

hows beams going to feel having adams on the same $$ as him if not slightly more? players need to suck it up, Adams is a gun and imo better than Conca

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #693 on: October 21, 2013, 05:53:03 PM »
The Pies have done it again, absolutely nailed the trade period.... nailed it....now they will do the same in the draft.....

We will never see them out of the 8, their succession planning and sustainability program is second to none...just like Sydney!!!!

Look how active they have been. Yet we are happy with Hampson and think we have a list to challenge for a flag. Please.

The pies are a class act
Surely that's a ban ffs, that is worse that dropping the big 'C' imo

Owl, I think he meant to use the big C instead of the word class  :lol
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #694 on: October 21, 2013, 06:00:00 PM »

Pick 12 is a good pick, but if we're going for another mid (most likely) why not take the risk (of getting a dud) out of the equation and grab a player like Adams with two years under his belt, a strong body, and a clearly very good talent. Worth pick 12 any day and the certainty of knowing he's a gun should make it a priority.
No. We've set our limit if he won't accept let it be. How's Conca going to feel watching Adams run around on an extra 100k or 300k over the life of their 3 year deals. Same price as Conca is fair, if he refuses then so be it. Move on, draft another player we like.

hows beams going to feel having adams on the same $$ as him if not slightly more? players need to suck it up, Adams is a gun and imo better than Conca

Yep sure is. This whole thing of players earning more than others. WGAF.

Free agency changed all that. Daisy on 700k, Scully. etc etc

as you said they need to suck it up.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #695 on: October 21, 2013, 07:21:08 PM »
Haha against GWS. Give me a break

Griffiths well most on here laugh at the bloke

Bean well he is raw

Elton see Griffiths

I would take Collingwoods drafting strategy over yours just quietly

And bojangles Raines was getting game time at lions does that mean we should go for him. In case you forgot voss was their coach and what was he like at identifying talent

what you are both saying is Karnezis is not worth pick 50. Is that right cause he couldn't fit into a Voss led team? Docherty must be rubbish too, longer also

well the jury remains well and truly out, will be up to them to prove otherwise, seem to recall a similar player from port top draftee ben Jacobs who went on to do SFA at NM ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #696 on: October 21, 2013, 08:04:33 PM »

Totally agree. Players contracts should mean SFA to other players. And if they are good enough they will get what's theirs..
Adams is better than both Conca and Ellis combined IMO and is easily worth pick 12. We get him and this trade period has been a success. Like someone else said, take the risk out of the equation.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #697 on: October 21, 2013, 08:58:02 PM »
we take a ruckman, who led the league in average hit outs to advantage and was equal 6th for contested marks, to give much needed support for maric, and now the same people who squealed over that now want to get Karnezis, who has done what?

stuff me, hampson had more contested marks in his last two games that Karnezis has for his career

pick 50 i said, nothing less. Would be happy for White and Hampson also at this range as that's what all 3 are worth

I value pick 32 over 50 and clearly you do also cause if i recall you didnt want to take Ball with a second round but third was okay.

:huh3

so your theory is its ok to take crap as long as you get it for a bargain?

Not sure if i ever said i was happy to take ball with a third round pick, but as I have explained once before when you bought up luke ball ( not that long ago either  :huh), due to doing some research and now having information that i didnt have before, i have changed my view on the value of draft picks.

So, i would have thought, given recent discussions where i have said this directly to you and also argued that i dont value picks over 20 that much, it was clear that i dont value pick 32 that much over pick 50.

Obviously though, some things are not that clear to clouded minds.

apology accepted :thumbsup
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #698 on: October 21, 2013, 09:52:18 PM »
The Pies have done it again, absolutely nailed the trade period.... nailed it....now they will do the same in the draft.....

We will never see them out of the 8, their succession planning and sustainability program is second to none...just like Sydney!!!!

Look how active they have been. Yet we are happy with Hampson and think we have a list to challenge for a flag. Please.

The pies are a class act
Surely that's a ban ffs, that is worse that dropping the big 'C' imo

Owl, I think he meant to use the big C instead of the word class  :lol
That is his only out lol
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #699 on: October 21, 2013, 11:11:51 PM »

pick 50 i said, nothing less. Would be happy for White and Hampson also at this range as that's what all 3 are worth

I value pick 32 over 50 and clearly you do also cause if i recall you didnt want to take Ball with a second round but third was okay.

:huh3

so your theory is its ok to take crap as long as you get it for a bargain?

Not sure if i ever said i was happy to take ball with a third round pick, but as I have explained once before when you bought up luke ball ( not that long ago either  :huh), due to doing some research and now having information that i didnt have before, i have changed my view on the value of draft picks.

So, i would have thought, given recent discussions where i have said this directly to you and also argued that i dont value picks over 20 that much, it was clear that i dont value pick 32 that much over pick 50.

Obviously though, some things are not that clear to clouded minds.

apology accepted :thumbsup
WTF are you on about?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #700 on: October 22, 2013, 12:46:45 AM »

Probably pretty peeed off. Adams is far from a gun yet. He's a potential gun and getting paid more than he's worth. Conca will be sucking it up on a nice big contract at WC next time. And we'll be standing around trying to work out why.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 02:47:22 AM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #701 on: October 22, 2013, 02:53:26 AM »
Uncontracted Crows defender-midfielder Richard Tambling is in limbo.

Tambling, 27, will not know if he is returning to West Lakes for pre-season training until next week when Adelaide finally deals with its delistings.

Adelaide could “delist” fellow Richmond recruit Angus Graham, who emerged from last year’s trade period on a two-year contract as back-up for lead ruckman Sam Jacobs. He could be shuffled on to the Crows’ rookie list.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/adelaide-midfielder-richard-tamblings-fate-hangs-in-the-balance/story-fndv862c-1226744056254

Thank you Adelaide  ;D.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Talented young Sydney forward Jed Lamb has quit the club for cross-town rival Greater Western Sydney.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/lamb-chops-sydney-joins-giants-as-pies-snare-white-20131021-2vx6p.html

------------------------------------------------------------------

Delisted Western Bulldogs midfielder Daniel Cross says he will continue his 210-game career with Melbourne after Demons coach Paul Roos threw him an AFL lifeline.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/former-western-bulldogs-midfielder-daniel-cross-agrees-to-join-melbourne/story-fnfll94y-1226744100794

-------------------------------------------------------------------

ESSENDON is baulking at a trade of picks as part of the deal to get Stewart Crameri to the Western Bulldogs.

The Dogs could secure the tall forward by giving Essendon picks 26 and 42, with the Bombers handing back its pick 48.

But the Bombers want to use 48 in another deal, believed to involve a Greater Western Sydney player.

With just three-and-a-half days to go in the trade period, Crameri could still walk out on the Bombers and enter the pre-season draft.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-and-western-bulldogs-yet-to-deal-on-stewart-crameri-collingwood-gains-pick-6-in-the-draft-and-jesse-white/story-fnfll94y-1226744056468

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #702 on: October 22, 2013, 02:58:11 AM »
By the way, a wild rumour on twitter late last night was claiming that Nick Riewoldt had walked out on St Kilda after a fall out with coach Scott Watters.

https://twitter.com/AFL_BUZZ
https://twitter.com/D_lunn
https://twitter.com/Brian_Speaking

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #703 on: October 22, 2013, 09:30:35 AM »
Adams and Collingwood still not a done deal, but close according to Scott Lucas??.

He did mention that there are other clubs out there that Adams has spoken to if the Pies deal doesn't go through.

From what I have heard, GWS want Shaw and 10 for Adams and 19.

Would love to see Collingwood stuck with Shaw  :lol
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:15:40 AM by wayne »
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

gerkin greg

« Reply #704 on: October 22, 2013, 09:57:36 AM »
LMAO at those that think Adams is better than Conca

picked that insight up from watching 1 GWS game a year?

lololol