Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 81502 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #750 on: October 23, 2013, 05:55:32 PM »
Would have preferably keep astbury.

That said we are in a weak position with our 2nd and 3rd draft pick.

Garlett late would be ideal

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #751 on: October 23, 2013, 06:02:50 PM »
I think the Saints will pick Garlett with one of their many top 25 picks. They have shown much interest in him.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #752 on: October 23, 2013, 06:12:56 PM »
Richmond may be involved with another trade, as Brisbane looks to poach David Astbury who still remains uncontracted for 2014

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews?hc_location=stream

Works for me

Maybe a 2nd rounder for him  :pray :pray

Seriously though be lucky to get a 3rd rounder for him  ;D
Contracted, crap draft, 2nd rounder. They're desperate. Rather keep him though because who plays back-up KPD. Unless we are confident Impey gets there who is my favorite in this draft and we are confident Grimes/Darrou will hold up.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #753 on: October 23, 2013, 06:26:56 PM »
What is the go with Matt Dea? Out of contract and hasn't re-signed?
Dea is out of contract. No mention yet of him re-signing.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #754 on: October 23, 2013, 06:29:35 PM »
North Melbourne could make a late play for GWS defender, Tom Bugg according to reports.

Paul Connors has told trade radio that if the Bombers don't quickly deal with the Bulldogs, Crameri will walk to the preseason draft.

There is a RUMOUR doing the rounds on social media, that Andrjes Everitt has engaged in talks with Carlton today.

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews

** RUMOUR ** Melbourne are attempting to lure Josh Kennedy from the Swans for Pick 9 and some sweeteners.

Collingwood recruiting manager Derek Hine is confident on acquiring both Pat Karnezis and Tony Armstrong

https://www.facebook.com/TheZanottiFiles

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #755 on: October 23, 2013, 07:02:51 PM »
Richmond may be involved with another trade, as Brisbane looks to poach David Astbury who still remains uncontracted for 2014

Works for me

Maybe a 2nd rounder for him  :pray :pray

Seriously though be lucky to get a 3rd rounder for him  ;D
Contracted, crap draft, 2nd rounder. They're desperate. Rather keep him though because who plays back-up KPD. Unless we are confident Impey gets there who is my favorite in this draft and we are confident Grimes/Darrou will hold up.
As you say tigs, Astbury is contracted until 2014 so that quote from that facebook page has got it wrong.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #756 on: October 23, 2013, 07:13:11 PM »
I want Astbury to go around again with us. Maybe trade him to Brisbane if they offer us Daniel Merrett. ;D

worth a bit more than that just quietly, has 10 years in front of him, not 12 clapped out months :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #757 on: October 23, 2013, 07:16:13 PM »
Chaplin can't sleep

Knows astbury flying in the gym  :shh

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #758 on: October 23, 2013, 07:39:03 PM »

I hope this is true.
Dave Astbury is a depth player at best. He isn't a great defender, not a great mark, and barely touches the footy when he plays. Will Thursfielld  had more going for him. At least he could defend.
If we have a chance to get a half decent pick for him, or an upgrade on our pick 50 odd, which COULD maybe be an upgrade on one of our starting 22, I'm all for it.
We need to do something otherwise this FA and trade period has been a waste and other teams have moved ahead of us or at the very least caught up. . It's all good and well not to want to pay overs for players but if you don't improve your starting 22 at every opportunity you get left behind, and I personally don't think picking up Hampson has done that. So the way it's looking IMO, at the very best our starting 22 for next year will improve by one....if we are lucky.
I truly don't understand why we have been so quiet through this period.

Gigantor

« Reply #759 on: October 23, 2013, 07:43:22 PM »
Tone you don't think being another tall who has been injury riddled his best might be yet to come?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #760 on: October 23, 2013, 07:49:12 PM »
What is the go with Matt Dea? Out of contract and hasn't re-signed?
Dea is out of contract. No mention yet of him re-signing.

Jack (as in Jackstar is back again x 8 ) said after the B&F that Dea had re-signed

Interestingly both he and Astbury were on that Rio trip
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 08:36:12 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gigantor

« Reply #761 on: October 23, 2013, 07:51:57 PM »
we need jack back
maybe we can start a campaign like the DLP used to run"get mack back"...lol

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #762 on: October 23, 2013, 08:16:15 PM »

I hope this is true.
Dave Astbury is a depth player at best. He isn't a great defender, not a great mark, and barely touches the footy when he plays. Will Thursfielld  had more going for him. At least he could defend.
If we have a chance to get a half decent pick for him, or an upgrade on our pick 50 odd, which COULD maybe be an upgrade on one of our starting 22, I'm all for it.
We need to do something otherwise this FA and trade period has been a waste and other teams have moved ahead of us or at the very least caught up. . It's all good and well not to want to pay overs for players but if you don't improve your starting 22 at every opportunity you get left behind, and I personally don't think picking up Hampson has done that. So the way it's looking IMO, at the very best our starting 22 for next year will improve by one....if we are lucky.
I truly don't understand why we have been so quiet through this period.

What a lot of rot, his last 3 games he had 10, 15 and 17 possies. Sorry to let the facts get in way of a good yarn. This kid came back from a knee injury described as a train wreck with a number of complications along the way. It was a bloody milestone just to play again, so he s a mile ahead of expectations. He was just starting to find some form , however with finals looming there wasn't a hope in the world he could have got a gig in our dream team back half. Give the kid some time, we have another beauty on our hands :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #763 on: October 23, 2013, 08:27:33 PM »
Pick 32 and Astbury might have landed Longer
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #764 on: October 23, 2013, 09:07:51 PM »
Tone you don't think being another tall who has been injury riddled his best might be yet to come?
No.
I must admit I haven't been a fan since nearly day one.
Do you?