Author Topic: Richmond footballer Jake King snubs club bikie ban on Toby Mitchell (H-Sun)  (Read 15942 times)

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond footballer Jake King snubs club bikie ban on Toby Mitchell (H-Sun)
« Reply #150 on: February 21, 2014, 11:18:41 AM »
Crap!!

Well thought out , eloquent and intelligent response as I'd expect from you.

I have said what I wanted to say regarding this issue, then a pelican like you pops up with a pathetic comment like this "Kingy needs to find some new friends until his career ends in a year or two. Then he can do as he pleases."

Really, are you serious?? How would you feel if you were told you couldn't see a member of your family, life long friend or your spouse (male or female, who knows with you) because of some rubbish opinion from someone that does not have a clue about you or your friend???

Perhaps the original "Well thought out , eloquent and intelligent response" from you wasn't that smart. :wallywink

You just don't get it at all do you  ?
I know they're a tad slow out west but it aint that hard is it ?
The guy is a scumbag of the highest order. Everyone knows what he's about. It's undisputable and if I was a pro sportsman and , as you put it , one of my family or 'friends' was a dealing , firearms branding , corrupt to the teeth biker. I wouldn't be hanging around with that person ever.
 Now , what happens if there turns out to be any truth in the rumours that the likes of that lowlife are trying to infiltrate the AFL to fix games for betting purposes as is being reported here atm ? Which club is gonna cop instant scrutiny. Yep , that's the one.... RICHMOND.
Kingy is probably in his last year anyhow. Would it really hurt to put the friendship on hold for the sake of the club for 12 months ?

Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2014, 11:29:24 AM »
Crap!!

Well thought out , eloquent and intelligent response as I'd expect from you.

I have said what I wanted to say regarding this issue, then a pelican like you pops up with a pathetic comment like this "Kingy needs to find some new friends until his career ends in a year or two. Then he can do as he pleases."

Really, are you serious?? How would you feel if you were told you couldn't see a member of your family, life long friend or your spouse (male or female, who knows with you) because of some rubbish opinion from someone that does not have a clue about you or your friend???

Perhaps the original "Well thought out , eloquent and intelligent response" from you wasn't that smart. :wallywink

You just don't get it at all do you  ?
I know they're a tad slow out west but it aint that hard is it ?
The guy is a scumbag of the highest order. Everyone knows what he's about. It's undisputable and if I was a pro sportsman and , as you put it , one of my family or 'friends' was a dealing , firearms branding , corrupt to the teeth biker. I wouldn't be hanging around with that person ever.
 Now , what happens if there turns out to be any truth in the rumours that the likes of that lowlife are trying to infiltrate the AFL to fix games for betting purposes as is being reported here atm ? Which club is gonna cop instant scrutiny. Yep , that's the one.... RICHMOND.
Kingy is probably in his last year anyhow. Would it really hurt to put the friendship on hold for the sake of the club for 12 months ?

Oh I get it more than you realise..

You mustn't get it because I have said about a million times I don't live in the West..fool!!

Wow, you know him personally, sorry I didn't realise that. I will have to ask "everyone" about him as well, apparently they all know him too.. :whistle!!!

Your have no idea!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #152 on: February 21, 2014, 11:30:27 AM »

Andy D was asked a question, to give his opinion and he gave it. As Dermie said this morning on SEN, Andy D's response is exactly what you'd expect it be from the CEO of the Comp who's main objective is its brand and protecting it. Dermie also said that because it's an opinion then it isn't wrong as such but folks don't have to agree with it.

Facts are and they cannot be disputed are that Toby Mitchell is (possibly was) a member of bikie gang that has been raided god knows how many times by the cops (quite rightly), a gang that has a massive wrap sheet for illegal activities including  drugs & firearm offences to name but a few. This gang isn't simply about people going for group rides on the weekends. Dermie summed it well when he said this morning that we are indeed talking about a gang that "thumbs it nose at the laws of society". That's part of the issue here; rightly or wrongly. This "gang" is not nice and way shape or form

As an individual Mitchell has priors, has been shot twice, currently has a court case pending and was the head honcho of said bike gang (can't remember exactly the title he had).  Again it isn't a good look, granted he has done his time but the mud sticks

Whether people like it or not and I've said this before it isn't a good look for Jake to been seen in PUBLIC with this bloke. I understand the point about them being a long time family friends but that doesn't change the fact that some people see it as a bad idea. 

We all have an opinion on this and I wonder if people's opinions would change if it wasn't Jake King or a RFC player we were talking about but it was a player from another club
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #153 on: February 21, 2014, 11:38:38 AM »

Andy D was asked a question, to give his opinion and he gave it. As Dermie said this morning on SEN, Andy D's response is exactly what you'd expect it be from the CEO of the Comp who's main objective is its brand and protecting it. Dermie also said that because it's an opinion then it isn't wrong as such but folks don't have to agree with it.

Facts are and they cannot be disputed are that Toby Mitchell is (possibly was) a member of bikie gang that has been raided god knows how many times by the cops (quite rightly), a gang that has a massive wrap sheet for illegal activities including  drugs & firearm offences to name but a few. This gang isn't simply about people going for group rides on the weekends. Dermie summed it well when he said this morning that we are indeed talking about a gang that "thumbs it nose at the laws of society". That's part of the issue here; rightly or wrongly. This "gang" is not nice and way shape or form

As an individual Mitchell has priors, has been shot twice, currently has a court case pending and was the head honcho of said bike gang (can't remember exactly the title he had).  Again it isn't a good look, granted he has done his time but the mud sticks

Whether people like it or not and I've said this before it isn't a good look for Jake to been seen in PUBLIC with this bloke. I understand the point about them being a long time family friends but that doesn't change the fact that some people see it as a bad idea. 

We all have an opinion on this and I wonder if people's opinions would change if it wasn't Jake King or a RFC player we were talking about but it was a player from another club

Pity Andy D couldn't make comments on the bigger issues in the AFL such as the Bombers fiasco...

I couldn't care which club the player was/is from, its the principle of the matter. Regardless of what Mitchell has done in the past it has not impacted on King, the AFL or the club, pity we couldn't say the same for the Bombers. He has done nothing more than see a family fried...that's fact!!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: February 21, 2014, 11:39:43 AM »
Well said WP
Now , I originally sided with Kingy on this one but it seems it just won't go away. It's starting to become a real distraction. It's in the papers and on the news every other day now so I've changed my tune. Just give it a rest for 12 months till you retire Jakey boy , for the sake of the club. Pretty simple really 

Are these the names of blokes we want to see associated with current Richmond footballers ?

The Hells Angels have joined forces with a feared gang run by the killer of underworld kingpin Carl Williams inside Barwon Prison, giving the bikies unprecedented influence inside Victoria's highest-security jail.
 Detective Senior Sergeant Wayne Cheesman said the bond between the Hells Angels and Prisoners of War demonstrated the reach of the bikie gang.
Prisoners of War, a group led by Matthew Charles Johnson, have aligned with the bikie gang, which police fear will grow stronger through the alliance.
The power play comes as the Hells Angels are embroiled in a violent feud with two rival gangs that have been weakened by the loss of senior members.
It can be revealed that prominent bikie Toby Mitchell has quit the Bandidos because of ill-health caused by two murder attempts, both of which have been linked to the Hells Angels or their associates.
Police confirmed that Mitchell, who had risen to become the Australasian serjeant-at-arms of the Bandidos, had handed in his club colours. His power base had taken in Bandidos chapters in Australia and south-east Asia.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #155 on: February 21, 2014, 11:44:30 AM »
Your have no idea!!

What ?  :lol  At least I can compile a sentence !
I rest my case

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #156 on: February 21, 2014, 11:47:56 AM »
Your have no idea!!

I rest my case

What's wrong with WAT's sentence?

And you don't "compile" a sentence.

People who live in glass houses...

:lol
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2014, 11:49:10 AM »

You mustn't get it because I have said about a million times I don't live in the West..fool!!

Wow, you know him personally, sorry I didn't realise that. I will have to ask "everyone" about him as well, apparently they all know too.. :whistle!!!

Your have no idea!!

With all due respect WAT, every bit of information available to us the public about Toby Mitchell and his "history" suggest he is not the nicest bloke.

Pity Andy D couldn't make comments on the bigger issues in the AFL such as the Bombers fiasco...

I couldn't care which club the player was/is from, its the principle of the matter. Regardless of what Mitchell has done in the past it has not impacted on King, the AFL or the club, pity we couldn't say the same for the Bombers. He has done nothing more than see a family fried...that's fact!!

And BTW I suggest you get a hold of today's HUN and have a read of Robbo's interview with ANdy D and you will find a lot of comments about other issues

And as I have said I am not disputing that Jake is only seeing a longtime family friend but I think you need to acknowledge and understand that his friend has a reputation that isn't great too say the least and said friend is not considered one of the community's prefect citizens. He has a member of a extremely dangerous bike gang that has done some pretty ordinary things (and that's being kind)

Bottom line Jake had/has a choice and he has made it. Now he has to accept the consequense of that choice and that's going to include (again rightly or wrongly) receiving whacks from people who hold the opinion that he is doing the wrong thing.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2014, 11:49:28 AM »
Your have no idea!!

I rest my case

If being stupid enough to focus an a typo rather than the context of my reply makes you smarter...then yes rest your case, I have rested mine!!!

"Rucks:

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2014, 11:50:35 AM »
Are these the names of blokes we want to see associated with current Richmond footballers ?

The Hells Angels have joined forces with a feared gang run by the killer of underworld kingpin Carl Williams inside Barwon Prison, giving the bikies unprecedented influence inside Victoria's highest-security jail.
 Detective Senior Sergeant Wayne Cheesman said the bond between the Hells Angels and Prisoners of War demonstrated the reach of the bikie gang.
Prisoners of War, a group led by Matthew Charles Johnson, have aligned with the bikie gang, which police fear will grow stronger through the alliance.
The power play comes as the Hells Angels are embroiled in a violent feud with two rival gangs that have been weakened by the loss of senior members.
It can be revealed that prominent bikie Toby Mitchell has quit the Bandidos because of ill-health caused by two murder attempts, both of which have been linked to the Hells Angels or their associates.
Police confirmed that Mitchell, who had risen to become the Australasian serjeant-at-arms of the Bandidos, had handed in his club colours. His power base had taken in Bandidos chapters in Australia and south-east Asia.

Dice could you please supply a link where you got that info from ( the bit in yellow)

Thanks

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #160 on: February 21, 2014, 11:54:37 AM »

Wow, you know him personally, sorry I didn't realise that. I will have to ask "everyone" about him as well, apparently they all know too.. :whistle!!!

Your have no idea!!

With all due respect WAT, every bit of information available to us the public about Toby Mitchell and his "history" suggest he is not the nicest bloke.

And BTW I suggest you get a hold of today's HUN and have a read of Robbo's interview with ANdy D and you will find a lot of comments about other issues

And as I have said I am not disputing that Jake is only seeing a longtime family friend but I think you need to acknowledge and understand that his friend has a reputation that isn't great too say the least and said friend is not considered one of the community's prefect citizens. He has a member of a extremely dangerous bike gang done some pretty ordinary things (and that's being kind)

Bottom line Jake had/has a choice and he has made it. Now he has to accept the consequense of that choice and that's going to inlcude (again rightly or wrongly) receiving whacks from people who hold the opinionthat he is doing the wrong thing

Mitchell is what he is and he has done what he has done, he can live with that, no one else has to.

If people want to take cheap shots at King because of who he hangs out with then that shows how little they must have going on in their lives that resemble anything of importance (not meaning you).

From a moral perspective he is doing nothing wrong, the club can't ban him from seeing Mitchell and neither can the law. Unless they move to QLD, but don't get me going on that one. ;D

"Rucks:

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #161 on: February 21, 2014, 11:59:41 AM »
Is Jake Kings twitter account verified? Cause he does not hold back at all.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #162 on: February 21, 2014, 12:05:57 PM »
Your have no idea!!

I rest my case

What's wrong with WAT's sentence?

And you don't "compile" a sentence.

People who live in glass houses...

:lol

I can compile a sentence if I like  ;D  I could construct one too I guess but if you can't see what's wrong with WAT's sentence then I'm not sure why the hell I'm even responding ?   :banghead

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #163 on: February 21, 2014, 12:06:59 PM »
Dice could you please supply a link where you got that info from ( the bit in yellow)

Thanks

www.theage.com.au/.../bikies-and-killer-unite-in-prison-20131106...

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #164 on: February 21, 2014, 12:11:43 PM »
Mitchell is what he is and he has done what he has done, he can live with that, no one else has to.

If people want to take cheap shots at King because of who he hangs out with then that shows how little they must have going on in their lives that resemble anything of importance (not meaning you).

From a moral perspective he is doing nothing wrong, the club can't ban him from seeing Mitchell and neither can the law. Unless they move to QLD, but don't get me going on that one. ;D

All true WAT

But it is also about respect.

I posted this right back at the beginning. The RFC has given Jake King a massive opportunity to be an AFL footballer, they have done a helluva lot for him. I think he should consider that and respect it.

Being seen in PUBLIC with Toby Mitchell is not a good look. Whether we agree or not everytime a footballer is out in public they are represting their club because that is how they are known to the public. It is a massive business now and everything they do is scutinised to the "enth" degree.

So being seen with this bloke impacts negatviely on the RFC. Remember it never gets reported as "AFL Footballer Jake King" it gets reported as "Richmond Footballer Jake King". And let's not be naive to think that the next time Mitchell is in the papers for something Jake and our club wont get dragged into the reporting of it

That's why I am annoyed about it. It damges our Club and I for one don't like it. How much damage who knows? 

Believe it or not I can see both sides of the argument. 

But when it's all said and done first and foremost my concern is for the Richmonf Football Club, not Jake and his loyalty to his long time mate and certainly not to Toby Mitchell