Author Topic: Ben Lennon [merged]  (Read 228854 times)

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
Re: Ben Lennon [merged]
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2013, 10:01:29 AM »
Play him forward
This.
I am sick of recruiting players and then screwing with them by playing them all over the shop. We lack a classy mid sized forward. Play him there!

When Dimma was interviewed he was saying that Lennon needed to work on his defensive side, especially if he wants to be a midfielder. Unfortunately defense is where defensive skills are learnt so expect him to spend some time in the back line in the Ressies (lol nearly typed at Coburg). 

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2013, 10:48:24 AM »
VIDEO: Ben Lennon being interviewed post-draft ...

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2013-11-22/2013-draft-lennon-post-draft

dwaino

« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2013, 11:00:04 AM »
Bieber hair

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2013, 11:01:15 AM »
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

gerkin greg

« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2013, 11:17:43 AM »
definite rug

the next gary ablett jnr

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2013, 11:47:44 AM »
Play him forward
This.
I am sick of recruiting players and then screwing with them by playing them all over the shop. We lack a classy mid sized forward. Play him there!

When Dimma was interviewed he was saying that Lennon needed to work on his defensive side, especially if he wants to be a midfielder. Unfortunately defense is where defensive skills are learnt so expect him to spend some time in the back line in the Ressies (lol nearly typed at Coburg).
Heard they'll send him to Coburg to learn defence. The RFC VFL team will be too good to let the ball get into defence. He'll learn nothing there.  :shh

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2013, 11:56:10 AM »
Vfl Richmond midfield:   

Gordon. Arnot. Helbig. Orren. Grigg. Newman. McDonough
 :bow

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2013, 12:24:26 PM »
Vfl Richmond midfield:   

Gordon. Arnot. Helbig. Orren. Grigg. Newman. McDonough. Thomas. Batsanis. McQualter.
 :bow
EFA

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2013, 03:50:57 PM »
Play him forward
This.

Disagree.  This was true in 1970.  Defence now is something everyone practices all over the ground.  You don't need to be in the back half to be learning defence.  This is especially true if you are a forward.  In that position you need to learn when to defend and when to attack.  There is no better position to learn your own trade properly as in training in your favourite position -  the position you are of most value to your own team and the position you are of most danger to the opposition.  How many times did the Hawks play Buddy in defence? Answer is never, not even at Box Hill. 
If you have a gun HFF, FFS don't play him in defence! Let him learn to play with Jack and Tyrone.  Let them develop a chemistry.  Let him learn down there how to keep the ball in the forward half as defence in that area is a very different game to defence in the back half.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2013, 03:51:42 PM »
Perfect match
richmondfc.com.au 
November 22, 2013

Richmond wanted Ben Lennon, and Ben Lennon wanted Richmond.

“Ben spent his AIS week with us early in the year, and that gave us just a little bit more information about him. We saw how he reacted in a few situations.

“A number of (Richmond) players rated him highly.  They were texting me to make sure we got Ben, so that was very interesting . . .

“Ben provides a lot of class.  He’s a very smart player, he sees the footy really well, is strong overhead, and a terrific kick.

“He played a little bit more of a midfield role towards the back end of the year, so we think he has a lot of versatility.  His footy ‘smarts’ are excellent .

Read more at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-11-22/perfect-match

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2013, 03:53:41 PM »
Here is Lennon's twitter:

https://twitter.com/LennonBen

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2013, 03:57:06 PM »
I think Ben Lennon wanted Carltank more
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2013, 04:48:22 PM »
Play him forward
This.

Disagree.  This was true in 1970.  Defence now is something everyone practices all over the ground.  You don't need to be in the back half to be learning defence.  This is especially true if you are a forward.  In that position you need to learn when to defend and when to attack.  There is no better position to learn your own trade properly as in training in your favourite position -  the position you are of most value to your own team and the position you are of most danger to the opposition.  How many times did the Hawks play Buddy in defence? Answer is never, not even at Box Hill. 
If you have a gun HFF, FFS don't play him in defence! Let him learn to play with Jack and Tyrone.  Let them develop a chemistry.  Let him learn down there how to keep the ball in the forward half as defence in that area is a very different game to defence in the back half.
I dont think there is a blanket right way or a wrong way to go about this, but more based on the individual involved.

Some players have no trouble getting that defensive mindset into their game, but some, particularly those that are used to just doing what they want and dominating, just dont seem to get it. Putting them down back forces them to take on defensive mindset foremost, as well as an appreciation of just how much a influence a midfielder can have on the defenders lot.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2013, 05:59:30 PM »
He's no Tom Boyd, but at Pick 12 he's a fantastic pick up. The best available well done RFC.

Reminds me of Stuart Dew.

Is he fat

Nah but has a great relationship with Nicole Cornes. *allegedly
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2013, 06:12:44 PM »
I think Ben Lennon wanted Carltank more

Is this Mark Stevens?
Go Tigers!