Author Topic: Sam Lloyd [merged]  (Read 83893 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Sam Lloyd [merged]
« Reply #270 on: April 05, 2015, 12:37:53 PM »
It's about how we line up against the given team on the day.
Probably should use him against the pootier sides for the next couple and
see if he achieves consistency.
Hard to justify giving him the arse after 3.
i agree im not saying he had a bad game or anything in fact he was servicable. im just saying i dont see too much in him.
his lack of pace and non existent tackling and that goes for other fwds as well, imo  means they feel they need to play morris as a defensive fwd.

i have never ever believed in that sort of thing. it should be a given that all your fwds chase pressurise and tackle and importantly hit the scoreboard. if they cant do these basics then we must look to find players who can.the best way of keeping a running defender at home is kick goals.

ffs steve morris with just 3 touches and only 4 tackles by the way, means we played a fwd short. that sort of output cant be justified,  its just not good enough.
 if hes forced to play like that because the likes of lloyd and whoever else we play down there cant chase tackle etc then they  are a part of the problem.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #271 on: April 05, 2015, 05:30:11 PM »
imo he lacks poise  pace and polish

He may lack pace but I don't agree with him lacking poise and polish. Wouldn't kick any goals at all if he didn't have some poise and polish

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #272 on: April 05, 2015, 05:49:31 PM »

He may lack pace but I don't agree with him lacking poise and polish. Wouldn't kick any goals at all if he didn't have some poise and polish

Agree he doesn't have much pace but poise & polish when it comes to kicking goals is not something he is lacking
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #273 on: April 07, 2015, 10:00:58 PM »
Lloyd lets loose

Clever forward Sam Lloyd had a three-goal match for the fourth time in his nine-game league career.

He kicked three goals on debut against Collingwood at the MCG in Round 4, three against Geelong at the MCG in Round 7, three against Port Adelaide at Etihad Stadium in Round 17, and now three against Carlton at the ‘G’ in Round 1, 2015.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-04-07/greenbergs-grabs-fleetfoot-mac

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #274 on: April 08, 2015, 12:24:55 AM »
Due for a quiet one next week. Maybe in round 4 he'll kick another 3

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #275 on: April 08, 2015, 10:06:00 PM »

Agree he doesn't have much pace but poise & polish when it comes to kicking goals is not something he is lacking
when i say he lacks poise polish i have seen him miss goals that classy sml players just dont should not  miss. yep he may jag the odd pearler but he also misses too often for me.

im happy to concede i may be being a bit harsh on him we will see. imo the other problem is  if hes too slow to apply pressure and lay tackles he should not play. shame we couldt build a hbrid or a cross between him and morris might end up with a good sml fwd then. too many glass half fulls and it will kill us.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #276 on: April 08, 2015, 10:39:39 PM »
He's 192cms and you call him a small forward but you can't be more than 200cms to be a kpp.
Not making it too hard craw?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #277 on: April 09, 2015, 12:22:07 AM »
He's 192cms and you call him a small forward but you can't be more than 200cms to be a kpp.

He's 180cm tall but yeah righto.

imo the other problem is  if hes too slow to apply pressure and lay tackles he should not play. shame we couldt build a hbrid or a cross between him and morris might end up with a good sml fwd then. too many glass half fulls and it will kill us.

Was just thinking how most teams have two or at least one good well rounded small forward and we have two small forwards with one being there purely for defensive but lacks any polish and the other has polish (IMO) but no defensive pressure :lol

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #278 on: April 11, 2015, 11:15:17 PM »

He's 180cm tall but yeah righto.

imo the other problem is  if hes too slow to apply pressure and lay tackles he should not play. shame we couldt build a hbrid or a cross between him and morris might end up with a good sml fwd then. too many glass half fulls and it will kill us.

Was just thinking how most teams have two or at least one good well rounded small forward and we have two small forwards with one being there purely for defensive but lacks any polish and the other has polish (IMO) but no defensive pressure :lol
yep its easy to see.  by the way listening to the game on  radio or the last q anyway and again he missed a goal that he should kick.

reckon a blind man can see he isnt the answer long term neither is morris surely they can see the importance of at least trying a young bloke like butler who it seems at least has most of the attributes needed to succeed in the role. its this constant failure to recognise those who can only take us so far that constantly kills us.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #279 on: April 11, 2015, 11:27:21 PM »
Didn't mind his game today, was overlooked several times when he should have got it.

Doesn't help that when Griffiths gets it 75 metres out stupid morons start yelling to kick a goal.

Richmond supporters are so stuffing dumb.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #280 on: April 12, 2015, 12:12:45 AM »
Yep liked his game. Put good pressure on and had a presence to be honest

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #281 on: April 12, 2015, 07:40:03 AM »
I was at the game and thought he was good. Had a more effective first half than second for mine, but that's not to say he stunk up the game like a dozen or more others

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #282 on: April 12, 2015, 01:31:57 PM »
Lloydy is handy I reckon.

Although if he is to play, the other smalls in our forward half need to be quick. Defensive pressure in our forward half is a HUGE issue for mine.

Didnt help that we lost Lids and Edwards and replaced them with slow pokes.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #283 on: April 23, 2015, 09:59:17 PM »
Talented Richmond forward Sam Lloyd caught up with Club goalkicking great Matthew Richardson this week for a special Roar Vision video feature.  Here’s a snapshot of Lloyd’s thoughts on a variety of Tiger topics...

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-04-23/lloyd-and-richo-talk-forward

On his start to season 2015

“I’m pretty happy with the way I’m going.  I’ve been a bit quiet at times, and found a bit of the footy at other stages as well.  So, three rounds in, I’m pretty happy with it.”

On a potential push into the midfield

“’Ladey’ (assistant coach Brendon Lade) put me in for about two minutes on Saturday (against Brisbane), and he apologised to me . . . I tried to develop my tank over the off-season, which I think’s worked.  You can’t just be a forward that sits in the goal-square these days, so I’ve developed my tank and, depending on what happens, hopefully I can push in the midfield at some stage.”

Read more and the full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-04-23/say-it-again-sam

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #284 on: April 23, 2015, 10:06:35 PM »
Gee imagine if we had a Garlett to choose over Lloyd  :shh
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH