Author Topic: Sam Lloyd [merged]  (Read 83478 times)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sam Lloyd [merged]
« Reply #345 on: March 29, 2016, 05:41:31 PM »
Why is that relevant?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #346 on: March 29, 2016, 06:08:31 PM »
because more often than not different types of players dont  compete for spots. the two players in question would compliment each other in what they bring, so i'm trying to work out why the discussion of one over the other arises
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #347 on: March 29, 2016, 06:43:49 PM »
If he can step it up amongst the so called elite forward line we have and kick the two crucial goals that get us over the line, which he did, he's done not only his job but theirs as well.
Well done, Lloydy.
Do it again.
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #348 on: March 29, 2016, 08:47:00 PM »
because more often than not different types of players dont  compete for spots. the two players in question would compliment each other in what they bring, so i'm trying to work out why the discussion of one over the other arises

Who do you think took Lennons spot in the team?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #349 on: March 29, 2016, 11:09:49 PM »
Lennon & Lloyd played together at the back end of last year before being dropped for the EF in favour of Conca & Griffiths.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #350 on: March 30, 2016, 08:14:54 AM »
I like seeing someone say: stuff it if you guys aren't gonna do anything and let us lose then I'm gonna win it myself. 2 crucial goals in that last quarter and you could see especially with that one where he span out of trouble that all he was thinking about was putting that ball through the goals. If he missed it would be a different story and probably cop some criticism but he slotted it. Clutch player and excels at those goals out of nothing.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #351 on: March 30, 2016, 09:57:06 AM »
Lennon & Lloyd played together at the back end of last year before being dropped for the EF in favour of Conca & Griffiths who had hardly played a match for half a year!
E.F.A  to further highlight the stupidity of the decision.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #352 on: May 08, 2016, 12:48:59 AM »
Have been impressed and happy with Lloyd this year.

Has worked hard on hit fitness and IMO shows a lot of class with ball in hand.

Just needs to work on staying in the game and consistency but he's one of very few players who are definitely lifted this year.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #353 on: May 08, 2016, 12:52:36 AM »
Not sold
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #354 on: May 08, 2016, 12:53:31 AM »
If & when we become a truly good list, the likes of him & Lambert should be no more than handy depth players...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #355 on: May 08, 2016, 12:54:32 AM »
Bit rough on lambert ...
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #356 on: May 08, 2016, 12:56:16 AM »
Not sold either but he's in the same boat and blokes like Menadue. Need to keep playing him to see if he's worth keeping or build trade currency.

Rioli might be the small forward of the future but he's clearly not ready physically.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #357 on: May 08, 2016, 12:58:33 AM »
Bit rough on lambert ...

....not really....what's he done so far apart from impersonating 2008-era Foley for one half v rebuilding Carlton?

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #358 on: May 08, 2016, 12:59:12 AM »
Not sold either but he's in the same boat and blokes like Menadue. Need to keep playing him to see if he's worth keeping or build trade currency.

Rioli might be the small forward of the future but he's clearly not ready physically.

When everyone is fit ...

And the coach takes a smaller dose of his moron pills

You can play Cotchin small forward.

With deledio. Edwards

I would like rioli in there too.

Lloyd is pretty lucky he's in the good books ahead of Lennon ...

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #359 on: May 08, 2016, 01:12:18 AM »
Bit rough on lambert ...

....not really....what's he done so far apart from impersonating 2008-era Foley for one half v rebuilding Carlton?

Not much. Lambert is short bachelor Lloyd category. I like the cut of his jib   

Seems a long way off such a time when he's not required in the senior side presently