Author Topic: Anthony Miles [merged]  (Read 154639 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Anthony Miles [merged]
« Reply #525 on: July 15, 2014, 03:02:26 PM »
I cant believe Hardwick's comments, we all saw it, why the stuff didn't he????

No you didnt

Go back and have a look at how many time including the pre season I and many others called for Miles to be elevated and played!!!!!

Enough with the baiting.

I went back not long ago and you were on the Thomas wagon and were happy when he was elevated instead of Miles

:yep :yep

YR and you chuckhead, go back and have a look when the Big O was elevated instead of Miles..that is when you will see Miles was actually playing out of his skin!!!!!! Then have a look when we elevated him and didn't play him....don't be selective next time..

Regardless, as I said many of us saw in him the skills to be elevated earlier and played, he wasn't, Hardwick said he didn't see it!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #526 on: July 15, 2014, 06:57:16 PM »
No you didnt, you were all over Thomas

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #527 on: July 15, 2014, 07:06:11 PM »

Quote it or it didn't happen.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #528 on: July 15, 2014, 07:37:46 PM »

Quote it or it didn't happen.

CBF u do it

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #529 on: July 15, 2014, 09:28:31 PM »
you two cut it out please
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #530 on: July 16, 2014, 07:22:07 PM »
Go back and have a look at how many time including the pre season I and many others called for Miles to be elevated and played!!!!!

Enough with the baiting.

I went back not long ago and you were on the Thomas wagon and were happy when he was elevated instead of Miles

:yep :yep

YR and you chuckhead, go back and have a look when the Big O was elevated instead of Miles..that is when you will see Miles was actually playing out of his skin!!!!!! Then have a look when we elevated him and didn't play him....don't be selective next time..

Regardless, as I said many of us saw in him the skills to be elevated earlier and played, he wasn't, Hardwick said he didn't see it!!!!

I did what you said and went back to the pre season and when the elevations were announced you were happy about them and didn't care about Miles. You were late to the bandwagon don't act like you're the driver

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #531 on: July 26, 2014, 03:06:03 AM »
Miles from Sydney

It’s difficult to work out what Greater Western Sydney didn't like about Anthony Miles. In his two seasons with the Giants, Miles played 10 games and averaged 16.6 possessions per game. Given the fledgling side didn't win too many games in those seasons, you might have thought that those sort of numbers would be enough to keep your place on the senior list. But, instead, the Giants delisted him. And their loss was Richmond's gain. Before the game against West Coast, he had picked up an average 26 possessions per game in 2014. And he started this match like a house on fire. His seven first-quarter possessions were important, and he followed up with another seven, including a goal, in the second. Miles finished the match with 21 disposals, and the Giants must now be wondering whether they made a huge error.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-25/five-talking-points-west-coast-v-richmond

tony_montana

« Reply #532 on: July 26, 2014, 11:36:15 AM »
can we call him a star yet?

hes a star  :cheers

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #533 on: July 26, 2014, 12:07:04 PM »

Has to contract and battle through Tigeritis first

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #534 on: July 26, 2014, 12:13:50 PM »

Yes. But if he becomes a spud you cop the blame for going early.  :shh

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #535 on: July 26, 2014, 12:58:32 PM »

the claw

« Reply #536 on: July 27, 2014, 12:51:46 PM »
reckon just about everyone in this thread has lost true perspective at some stage.

we had just come off finals . we had openly stated we wanted mature players in the team and younger blokes were going to have to really earn their spot.
tuck had retired, people remember him dont they, a real big unit 189cm/90kg  not overly quick ball winner. i dont growl because we promoted thomas who had a decent pre season as well,he was a like for like replacement. it made sense. in many ways he too had earned his spot.while i dont and didnt agree with promoting thomas instead of miles i dont look upon it as a huge mistake and understand the good reasons why they went that way.
its not as if there were no good reasons for promoting thomas.

we then had our best ruckman not available and instead of promoting miles we promoted stephenson. once again the logic behind this move is not and was not wrong, so again they had some good reasons as to why they did this.
my gripe here is a little different to most others id say. that is in promoting orren we have failed to play him. imo it seems he has done more than enough in the twos to get games.

imo where they have gone wrong is not finding a way to also promote miles quicker  especially as he kept on tearing it up in games. to make him wait so long when we did have options to promote him earlier was a mistake. for me without hindsight it is probably the only real mistake.

we bag the club over this but looking at an overall picture i ask have they really got these things so badly wrong.

imo both thomas and miles deserve their chances others may disagree on thomas.
i can hear the abuse even now if we had failed to promote orren, and hampson went down in week one..  as poor as hampson was in most areas he was more than competetive at ruck contests.yep damned if they do damned if they dont with orrens promotion

i think it becomes too easy for all of us to just look at what has transpired,and in the process  lose sight of why we did things 6 months.

as for other things like continually playing under performers,failure to play kids, failure to reward good seconds form well they are things for another time.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #537 on: July 27, 2014, 01:49:00 PM »
The thing is Claw, we didn't have to promote Stephenson until we needed him and that would only have been if Hampson or Vickery went down with a long term injury - we could have waited with him on an 'as needs' basis.  Taking the other 2 - Thomas and Miles - would have given us more options and versatility from round 1 and that's the part of it all that frustrated the crap out of me.  Stephenson only had a role if another ruck went down, the others had very real potential for roles from the start.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #538 on: July 27, 2014, 02:04:14 PM »
Bang on Smokey

Gigantor

« Reply #539 on: July 27, 2014, 03:00:15 PM »
Don't think promoting Miles would have made much difference to the scoreboard at that time...As Ivan has belatedly informed us and jack had hinted earlier in the season,the playing group,the coaches,the whole club had dropped the ball and the downward spiral wasn't going to be stopped until this overriding issue(s) was addressed