Author Topic: Anthony Miles [merged]  (Read 144142 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Anthony Miles [merged]
« Reply #735 on: January 24, 2015, 02:23:21 PM »
Sheesh you've changed in a week.

And yet I'm choosing not to play the man and judge any of the posters here.....

Hey if HRT couldn't do that his post count would be less than a hundred.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 02:55:15 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #736 on: January 24, 2015, 02:36:21 PM »

:-\
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #737 on: January 24, 2015, 02:43:07 PM »

:-\

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #738 on: January 24, 2015, 03:50:34 PM »

Yep so what's new pussycat. That is hardly bringing anything new to the table. Funny how some find it easy to tip a bucket on the club but get sensitive to a bit of their own medicine. Dooks, surely you're not of the view that a poster shouldnt be open to criticism. I understand his royal highness king dicleaning getting a little sensitive but surely not....
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #739 on: January 24, 2015, 04:40:32 PM »

Yep so what's new pussycat. That is hardly bringing anything new to the table. Funny how some find it easy to tip a bucket on the club but get sensitive to a bit of their own medicine. Dooks, surely you're not of the view that a poster shouldnt be open to criticism. I understand his royal highness king dicleaning getting a little sensitive but surely not....

This is kinda getting off topic, but anyhoot...

First and foremost HRT,  when it comes to site members I'd prefer to play the ball rather than the man. That should underpin everything. That is, the focus of any issues of discussions should be on the club and players. Not posters here. It's a Richmond forum not a Dooks forum or a HRT forum. People log on to talk about the club.

I think (if I may say) what yourself and some others tend to struggle with is separating people's opinions from labelling people based on those opinions. There's a reactive often emotive focus on the person, not the opinion.

It's a forum about the club. You are always going to get the positive and the negative.  Just because person X criticises the club does not make them a bad supporter or bad person. It's also in many respects a light hearted forum. In the majority of cases of club criticism, it's from a basis Of humorous, sort of pity yet still the love for the club is there. That's not unhealthy and you need to get your head around that.

I think constructive criticism is fine, as long as it's focused on the opinions of that site member and not personalised at the site member itself. If it's a bit of light hearted banter I think people are (or should be) wise enough to understand the context.

As for the club and its players and staff, it is each members right to have their own opinion. The club must remain accountable to each and everyone one of us. I'm not going to start (nor does it in my view justify) personally attacking that site member if they start tearing apart a player or coach.

Having said that, if someone doesn't to have the presence of mind to lodge a constructive rebuttal and instead personally attacks another site member, expect in that persons defence,to dance with the devil and be faced with both barrels firing back with intent.
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #740 on: January 24, 2015, 07:27:55 PM »

As I posted originally, you return from a hiatus with a Smiley face and some positive posting. Soon after; you change the emoticon and start posting cynical crap.
Why?
It's not like ANYTHING HAS HAPPENED to warrant your changed views :huh you just changed your tune and so it does beg the question Dooks.
As for playing the man - I see absolutely no difference playing the man - club or poster.
So player, coach, president or poster - everyone deserves to have a crack.
I'm not sure why you feel the need to get on your high horse nor do I much care because most of the posting is self explanatory once you know who is posting it.

“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #741 on: January 24, 2015, 08:07:23 PM »

As I posted originally, you return from a hiatus with a Smiley face and some positive posting. Soon after; you change the emoticon and start posting cynical crap.
Why?
It's not like ANYTHING HAS HAPPENED to warrant your changed views :huh you just changed your tune and so it does beg the question Dooks.
As for playing the man - I see absolutely no difference playing the man - club or poster.
So player, coach, president or poster - everyone deserves to have a crack.
I'm not sure why you feel the need to get on your high horse nor do I much care because most of the posting is self explanatory once you know who is posting it.

Nah Im not on my high horse HRT, you asked a question, I gave an answer.I fyou don't like it or disagree then that's fine too.

As for the other stuff, I'm not sure I understand why you are worrying and reading into so much about what I necessarily think. I'm not your tour guide and I'm assuming you are old enough to make your own mind up on things without so deeply troubling yourself on things like my avatar changes! Jeez...

Peace be with you.

"Sliding doors moment.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #742 on: January 24, 2015, 08:52:11 PM »
Can't wait for the return of dwaino's "Suck-o-meter".  ;D

they are all clueless down their at Punt Road, the only thing they are really good at is making crappy videos of players pretending that they are happy to play for Richmond so all the nuffers get excited and buy a membership and try and rope in a few mates to buy memberships. We are not a football we are just Amway going by another name. Its just shocking.
Troll post of the year so far.  :clapping

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #743 on: January 24, 2015, 11:14:55 PM »
Hey don't worry what you post dorks because no matter what HRT won't be happy.

Keep it going Tiges, one for the apologists

Positive poster = apologist
Negative poster = hater
Just depends what mood he's in

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #744 on: January 25, 2015, 06:45:32 AM »
Can say it is almost always the mood of others that determines my post. Peace to all. Everyone love everyone.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #745 on: January 25, 2015, 10:01:48 AM »
Amen brother

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #746 on: January 25, 2015, 10:03:44 AM »
So, how's about that Anthony Miles? And how did the coaching staff prove themselves to be completely incompetent by keeping him out of the firsts for so long?
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #747 on: January 25, 2015, 10:29:54 AM »
So, how's about that Anthony Miles? And how did the coaching staff prove themselves to be completely incompetent by keeping him out of the firsts for so long?

Personally Dooks I still can't believe it, on the rare times a particularly astute poster mentions it, my draw drops open in disbelief and I say to myself htf could that happen

dwaino

« Reply #748 on: January 25, 2015, 10:31:58 AM »
Can't wait for the return of dwaino's "Suck-o-meter".  ;D

It broke after last year's stellar start to the season.

dwaino

« Reply #749 on: January 25, 2015, 10:32:28 AM »

Personally Dooks I still can't believe it, on the rare times a particularly astute poster mentions it, my draw drops open in disbelief and I say to myself htf could that happen

How did what happen? :gobdrop