Author Topic: Anthony Miles [merged]  (Read 144281 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Anthony Miles [merged]
« Reply #765 on: January 28, 2015, 02:28:05 PM »
Something bad happens at the club = blame Richardson, Hardwick, Jackson or Hartley
Something good happens = It was all Chocco

Makes sense in this case at least considering Williams was at GWS and would've been well aware of Miles. Likely he would've at least been asked about him, if not brought him to the club's attention himself.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #766 on: January 28, 2015, 02:45:43 PM »
Something bad happens at the club = blame Richardson, Hardwick, Jackson or Hartley

Nailed it. :thumbsup

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #767 on: January 28, 2015, 03:08:33 PM »

Nailed it. :thumbsup
what rubbish ive actually on several occasions congratulated them for getting miles. ive also congratulated them for giving lambert a go. all ive said is,  though not sure  it would be fairly logical that  williams  had a fair bit to do in getting miles.its not an outlandish statement and its not having a go at anyone. geez some are easily cut up.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Super-fit Anthony Miles has a Tiger in his tank ...... (Border Mail)
« Reply #768 on: January 28, 2015, 10:25:06 PM »
Super-fit Miles has a Tiger in his tank
By Brad Worrall
Border Mail
Jan. 28, 2015

HOWLONG’S Anthony Miles can’t wait to play footy again — ideally in front of family and friends in Richmond’s NAB Challenge match at Lavington on March 14.

Tickets for the clash against flag fancy Port Adelaide go on sale today to members of the two clubs and tomorrow to the public.

Miles said he had never been fitter.

“I haven’t missed many sessions in the pre-season and, like most footballers at this time of year, the body feels great,” he said yesterday.

“Hopefully, it sets me and the team up for a good year.

“We had a very solid training block leading up to the long weekend and were lucky enough to get three days off.

“But I think we are all getting to the point of just wanting to play footy.”

Miles signalled a shift off the rookie list was imminent in a NAB Cup match last year after being handed a lifeline by the Tigers.

The former Spider, North Albury Hopper and Murray Bushranger, 23, had been delisted by Greater Western Sydney after the 2012 season.
See your ad here

Two goals in his first run for the Tigers in a pre-season game against Melbourne showed he was anything but a spent force.

After breaking into Richmond’s team to play North Melbourne in round 12, Miles finished the season as one of the AFL’s leading clearance players.

Miles said he had a soft spot for the pre-season competition and the Lavington ground.

“I played in a couple of NAB games at Lavington with GWS and then for the Tigers at Wangaratta — so I’ve been lucky to get the chance to play in front of family and friends before,” he said.

“It’s no secret that before that first NAB Cup game I played last year I wasn’t in the best 22 for the club.

“Those matches gives those on the fringe the chance to show the coaching staff just what they can do.

“Hopefully, I get to play in the first NAB Cup game against the Bulldogs at the end of February and again at Lavington, but we haven’t talked about selections just yet.”

Albury mayor Kevin Mack encouraged football fans to support the game.

“One of the questions people asked me most as mayor is when will Albury get another AFL game,” he said.

“Our region has a huge appetite for the AFL competition.

“Now it’s up to fans to show support by coming along to the match and sending the league a clear message that Albury-Wodonga remains one of its strongest support bases in regional Australia.”

The match will also serve as a fund-raiser for the James McQuillan future fund to assist the injured Albury player.

We had a very solid training block leading up to the long weekend and were lucky enough to get three days off. But I think we are all getting to the point of just wanting to play footy.

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/2845266/super-fit-miles-has-a-tiger-in-his-tank/

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Super-fit Anthony Miles has a Tiger in his tank ...... (Border Mail)
« Reply #769 on: January 28, 2015, 10:44:21 PM »
Miles said he had never been fitter.

“I haven’t missed many sessions in the pre-season and, like most footballers at this time of year, the body feels great,” he said yesterday.

“Hopefully, it sets me and the team up for a good year.

Look out.. :shh

dwaino

« Reply #770 on: January 28, 2015, 10:48:27 PM »
That's an odd place to keep a tiger.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #771 on: January 28, 2015, 10:54:37 PM »
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

dwaino

« Reply #772 on: January 28, 2015, 11:08:37 PM »
Gee whiz. Yep, before my time  ;D

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #773 on: January 28, 2015, 11:14:25 PM »
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #774 on: January 29, 2015, 08:51:33 AM »

And during the time they sponsored us I remember Geoff Raines working for them (in a sales-type role from memory).  Not sure if he stayed on when he went to the Scum.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #775 on: January 29, 2015, 11:05:57 AM »
Does anyone remember those little "Tiger Tails" Esso put out? You hung them around your car fuel cap.

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #776 on: January 29, 2015, 12:55:52 PM »
Does anyone remember those little "Tiger Tails" Esso put out? You hung them around your car fuel cap.
Gracie, I have two 'tiger-tails' that are now favourite cat toys!  But mine come from the 'Save Our Skins' campaign.  The club had them on sale for $1 so I bought a few, as well as donating some more meaningful cash.  I'm not sure if I'm talking about the same thing, but my past & present cats really love grabbing them in a wrestle & chewing into them!  Remarkably durable little things ...  :thumbsup   ;D 
I do remember the Esso days & the 'Tiger in your tank' poster above, but I cant place the 'tails' that you describe ...   :huh
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #777 on: January 29, 2015, 02:02:44 PM »
Gracie, I have two 'tiger-tails' that are now favourite cat toys!  But mine come from the 'Save Our Skins' campaign.  The club had them on sale for $1 so I bought a few, as well as donating some more meaningful cash.  I'm not sure if I'm talking about the same thing, but my past & present cats really love grabbing them in a wrestle & chewing into them!  Remarkably durable little things ...  :thumbsup   ;D 
I do remember the Esso days & the 'Tiger in your tank' poster above, but I cant place the 'tails' that you describe ...   :huh

Probably the same item JP but the ones I remember are way back mid late 1970's. ESSO had all these stickers and promotional stuff back then. I grew up in prime Rugby League territory in NSW so I was about the only one collecting the stuff from my local ESSO garage. My Dad got sick of taking them off the Petrol cap and threatened to ban me from watching the Saturday arvo VFL game if I didn't desist.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #778 on: January 29, 2015, 05:14:20 PM »
Ahh memories. Here is my Tiger training Jumper from back when we were sponsored by ESSO.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #779 on: January 29, 2015, 05:32:14 PM »
Ahh memories. Here is my Tiger training Jumper from back when we were sponsored by ESSO.

poo box
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 06:08:07 PM by one-eyed »
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH