Author Topic: Anthony Miles [merged]  (Read 144197 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Anthony Miles [merged]
« Reply #960 on: May 16, 2016, 04:18:53 PM »
^^^ did WP say that too??

:lol I don't live and die by everything WP says like you do SEN. What he said simply backed up something I already knew

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #961 on: May 16, 2016, 04:55:03 PM »
^^^ Rubbish, how could you possibly come to that conclusion. Well ok, based on that crap analysis we should drop B Ellis, Grigg, C Ellis, and Vickery and maybe some others. They will all come back in Brownlow form..

Whoa, can't wait to get Houli back, he will poll 3 votes a game for the rest of the season... :whistle :whistle

Unreal!!

:lol surely even you can see how much better he is playing after his short stint in the VFL but then again. It won't work for every player but it obviously did for Miles and as WP said, Miles agrees. Don't we base all our opinions on what a player says?

Tell me then WAT, what was the catalyst for his change in form?

Was Miles carrying an injury that was preventing him from playing at his best?. There was some talk at the time that he was. Furthermore Miles was not the only player who was down in form at the time. Others should have been dropped before him. Miles is carrying the party line and therefore caution should prevail against placing too much emphasis on what he says. I have enormous respect for Miles. He is a very courageous and talented player and I think why he is playing well has little to do with the decision to drop him but more to do with his character.

A little, it wasn't so much the injury inhibiting him but more the way he was handling it and therefore lost confidence. As I said, he got to play in the VFL and it allowed him to not only get confidence, but also take a slight load off and recover somewhat without having to miss a game as resting him wasn't going to help his form or even his injury. Agree the team lifting would also have helped him but being in the middle he could have still had an influence with clearances and tackling no matter how poor his team mates were playing. Won't question his character either but even the best can benefit from a step down and he certainly did
I think the points you make are fair but on this one I will have to agree to disagree. I just hope Miles doesn't get treated like Tuck was by Hardwick.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 06:59:29 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #962 on: May 16, 2016, 05:40:55 PM »
Halfstep Hardwick Tucked Miles over....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #963 on: May 22, 2016, 03:12:45 AM »
Anthony Miles enjoyed the wet weather. Miles is a tough player and he was perfectly at home when the rain started to fall. He gathered 22 possessions and kicked two goals. He kicked his first goal with a brilliant snap from a stoppage and then his second major was a long range set shot. He was a crucial contributor.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/31667118/five-things-we-learnt-tigers/

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #964 on: May 22, 2016, 09:10:27 AM »
Miles and Grimes in form have made a huge difference to our team.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #965 on: May 22, 2016, 09:42:36 AM »

Aint that the truth

Miles as superb last noght especially in the first half
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #966 on: May 22, 2016, 10:26:08 AM »
Agree. Two very important players for the side.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #967 on: July 24, 2016, 11:26:52 PM »
What do we all think of Antbony Miles?

No doubt he is tough and hard and willing to take a tackle but IMO we have to find better than him in the middle. He IMO is one paced and one dimensional.

But just as important he really can only play that one position on the ground. Surely that hurts us as a side??

He by no means is one of our real concerns at this stage but I just think he makes us really predictable with our set ups.

I'd rather see Vlastuin get the opportunity to play his roll as I think he has way more weapons.

What would we get for him if we did decide to trade him?

IMO we can forget depth for a while as we need to find 22 players that can beat any side in the comp. That's why I think Vlastuin could take his spot and we could potentially trade him for a player we need in another position. And there is a few....

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #968 on: July 24, 2016, 11:30:12 PM »
Has played with a very sore shoulder last 2 weeks
Obviously the Hawks knew that as well as every opportunity for a hard tackle they did
As what happened in the 2nd Q

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #969 on: July 25, 2016, 06:08:53 AM »
Miles was one of the few good players on the day. His ability to win the hard ball is exceptional.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #970 on: July 25, 2016, 07:34:59 AM »
One of the very few who hasn't completely succumbed to tigeritis. :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #971 on: July 25, 2016, 10:07:17 AM »

CAuse gws player...
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #972 on: July 25, 2016, 01:31:27 PM »
What do we all think of Antbony Miles?

No doubt he is tough and hard and willing to take a tackle but IMO we have to find better than him in the middle. He IMO is one paced and one dimensional.

But just as important he really can only play that one position on the ground. Surely that hurts us as a side??

He by no means is one of our real concerns at this stage but I just think he makes us really predictable with our set ups.

I'd rather see Vlastuin get the opportunity to play his roll as I think he has way more weapons.

What would we get for him if we did decide to trade him?

IMO we can forget depth for a while as we need to find 22 players that can beat any side in the comp. That's why I think Vlastuin could take his spot and we could potentially trade him for a player we need in another position. And there is a few....

I don't think he's that one dimensional. He's actually quite a good shot at goal, not exactly quick by foot but reliable in front of the sticks.

Certainly a keeper for me, just needs help in the middle from a big body or two.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #973 on: July 25, 2016, 03:22:55 PM »

CAuse gws player...

....like Jacob "The Bodyguard" Townsend?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #974 on: July 25, 2016, 03:44:45 PM »

CAuse gws player...

....like Jacob "The Bodyguard" Townsend?

Think he was Whitney in that show