Author Topic: Anthony Miles [merged]  (Read 144066 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Anthony Miles [merged]
« Reply #930 on: April 21, 2016, 08:11:16 PM »
What's the doc have to say about this???
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #931 on: April 22, 2016, 01:06:44 AM »
Said it before and I'll say it again. It's less the actual injury and more trying to get confidence in it. That and a drop in form saw him put into the two's to get back to his best. Don't expect him to spend too long there :shh
The best thing for an injured player down on form is to get that injury fixed. Not play him at a lower level to get confidence in playing with that injury. That makes no sense. If you want to get him back in form you fix the injury especially in round 4 of the season.
He was dropped, pure and simple. And if he gets a recall it's not because he has gotten more confidence in his injury.
Another excuse for the RFC.

Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough. He's not really "injured", it's not limiting him in any way anymore. It hindered his preperation in the NAB but it's fine now but he's just getting confidence back. Rest won't make him any better at this stage

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #932 on: April 22, 2016, 06:58:00 AM »
Said it before and I'll say it again. It's less the actual injury and more trying to get confidence in it. That and a drop in form saw him put into the two's to get back to his best. Don't expect him to spend too long there :shh
The best thing for an injured player down on form is to get that injury fixed. Not play him at a lower level to get confidence in playing with that injury. That makes no sense. If you want to get him back in form you fix the injury especially in round 4 of the season.
He was dropped, pure and simple. And if he gets a recall it's not because he has gotten more confidence in his injury.
Another excuse for the RFC.

Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough. He's not really "injured", it's not limiting him in any way anymore. It hindered his preperation in the NAB but it's fine now but he's just getting confidence back. Rest won't make him any better at this stage
But I heard they are jabbing it before or during games. Doesn't that equate to "hampering" him. But yes I also heard it isn't getting any worse by playing

« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 10:31:37 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #933 on: April 22, 2016, 08:53:34 AM »
 :facepalm
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #934 on: April 22, 2016, 09:53:30 AM »
If he is requiring local anaesthetic to play, that explains a lot.

Personally I don't like this practice. Pain is the bodies indication things aren't right and that that part of the body needs to rest to get better.
It therefore means there is a real possibility you can aggravate the injury.

The other problem is that sometimes the local anaesthetic isn't complete and so you are still a little sore (thus hampering your performance) and sometimes it is too good and in this case, end up with a numb foot, which would be incredibly difficult to play well with.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #935 on: April 22, 2016, 11:06:33 AM »
If he is requiring local anaesthetic to play, that explains a lot.

Personally I don't like this practice. Pain is the bodies indication things aren't right and that that part of the body needs to rest to get better.
It therefore means there is a real possibility you can aggravate the injury.

The other problem is that sometimes the local anaesthetic isn't complete and so you are still a little sore (thus hampering your performance) and sometimes it is too good and in this case, end up with a numb foot, which would be incredibly difficult to play well with.

So they club plays him in the twos...

Morons
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #936 on: April 22, 2016, 01:04:39 PM »
Unfortunately Miles won't be the last player who will be forced back before being fit and ultimately have their playing career shortened by being played whilst still injured.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #937 on: May 09, 2016, 08:48:08 PM »
Miles regains lost ground.

The tenacity that’s been the hallmark of Anthony Miles’ work in Richmond’s midfield over the past couple of years, has also enabled him to fight his way back to form after a slow start to season 2016.

Miles, who had played 39 consecutive games after forcing his way into the Tigers’ senior line-up in his 2014 debut season with the Club, and finished fourth in the 2015 Jack Dyer Medal, was dropped following the team’s Round 3 loss to Adelaide at Etihad Stadium.

He was subsequently recalled to the senior side for the Round 5 match against Melbourne, and his form graph has steadily risen since.

Miles had 25 disposals in the Anzac eve clash with the Demons, 22 the following round v Port Adelaide, and 24 against Hawthorn under the MCG lights last Friday night, including 12 contested possessions, a team-high seven clearances, five inside-50s, seven tackles and two goals.

Read more: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-05-09/miles-regains-lost-ground

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #938 on: May 09, 2016, 09:06:10 PM »
He's come from miles behind.. :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #939 on: May 14, 2016, 11:59:26 PM »
 :clapping:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 03:02:26 PM by Stalin »
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #940 on: May 15, 2016, 02:23:06 PM »
Welcome back Miles :cheers

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #941 on: May 15, 2016, 04:42:08 PM »
Was awesome last night , best game for the year.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #942 on: May 15, 2016, 05:29:44 PM »
Should never have been dropped.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

tony_montana

« Reply #943 on: May 15, 2016, 07:44:33 PM »
yep ^^^

Thought last week he was very very good, last night he was brilliant. good to see him back to his usual self

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #944 on: May 15, 2016, 10:48:10 PM »
I love Miles  :cuddles