Author Topic: Anthony Miles [merged]  (Read 144071 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Anthony Miles [merged]
« Reply #945 on: May 15, 2016, 10:56:51 PM »
Was amazing, especially in the last quarter..... :bow :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #946 on: May 15, 2016, 11:06:50 PM »
Should never have been dropped.

Hardwick is a disrespectful prick

Miles = Mark Coughlan upgrade  :shh

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #947 on: May 16, 2016, 12:02:55 PM »
Dropping him was the best thing for him. Gave him a chance to take a slight load off, get his head right and get his confidence back.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #948 on: May 16, 2016, 12:53:34 PM »
^^^ Rubbish, how could you possibly come to that conclusion. Well ok, based on that crap analysis we should drop B Ellis, Grigg, C Ellis, and Vickery and maybe some others. They will all come back in Brownlow form..

Whoa, can't wait to get Houli back, he will poll 3 votes a game for the rest of the season... :whistle :whistle

Unreal!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #949 on: May 16, 2016, 01:03:04 PM »
Dropping him was the best thing for him. Gave him a chance to take a slight load off, get his head right and get his confidence back.

Absolutely spot on

Think you will find Miles reckons the same
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #950 on: May 16, 2016, 01:12:23 PM »
Well looks like we need to drop 3/4 of the team then for 1 game... Can't believe that.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #951 on: May 16, 2016, 01:14:04 PM »

Seems the same could be said for Griffiths :shh

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #952 on: May 16, 2016, 01:21:45 PM »
For one game, dropping a player for one game, clears his head and he comes back in that form? Nothing else was wrong, just needed his head cleared.....please.... :help

We need to rotate a few more through this system..

"Rucks:

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #953 on: May 16, 2016, 03:16:30 PM »
^^^ Rubbish, how could you possibly come to that conclusion. Well ok, based on that crap analysis we should drop B Ellis, Grigg, C Ellis, and Vickery and maybe some others. They will all come back in Brownlow form..

Whoa, can't wait to get Houli back, he will poll 3 votes a game for the rest of the season... :whistle :whistle

Unreal!!

:lol surely even you can see how much better he is playing after his short stint in the VFL but then again. It won't work for every player but it obviously did for Miles and as WP said, Miles agrees. Don't we base all our opinions on what a player says?

Tell me then WAT, what was the catalyst for his change in form?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #954 on: May 16, 2016, 03:32:37 PM »
 :help

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #955 on: May 16, 2016, 03:37:23 PM »

Unreal!!

:lol surely even you can see how much better he is playing after his short stint in the VFL but then again. It won't work for every player but it obviously did for Miles and as WP said, Miles agrees. Don't we base all our opinions on what a player says?

Maybe he had a poo, or a banana sandwich, or a huge glass of HTFU......could have been anything, could have had a shag.......

BUt to say dropping him for 1 game was the "catalyst"........ :help.....just...... :help

But I suppose if "WP said"... :lol :lol :lol :lol

"Rucks:

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #956 on: May 16, 2016, 03:56:18 PM »

Unreal!!

Was Miles carrying an injury that was preventing him from playing at his best?. There was some talk at the time that he was. Furthermore Miles was not the only player who was down in form at the time. Others should have been dropped before him. Miles is carrying the party line and therefore caution should prevail against placing too much emphasis on what he says. I have enormous respect for Miles. He is a very courageous and talented player and I think why he is playing well has little to do with the decision to drop him but more to do with his character.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #957 on: May 16, 2016, 04:05:42 PM »
Yes the injury was what I thought, but it must have been a brain injury that was fixed in one game in the VFL... :snidegrin

"Rucks:

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #958 on: May 16, 2016, 04:12:49 PM »

Unreal!!

Was Miles carrying an injury that was preventing him from playing at his best?. There was some talk at the time that he was. Furthermore Miles was not the only player who was down in form at the time. Others should have been dropped before him. Miles is carrying the party line and therefore caution should prevail against placing too much emphasis on what he says. I have enormous respect for Miles. He is a very courageous and talented player and I think why he is playing well has little to do with the decision to drop him but more to do with his character.

A little, it wasn't so much the injury inhibiting him but more the way he was handling it and therefore lost confidence. As I said, he got to play in the VFL and it allowed him to not only get confidence, but also take a slight load off and recover somewhat without having to miss a game as resting him wasn't going to help his form or even his injury. Agree the team lifting would also have helped him but being in the middle he could have still had an influence with clearances and tackling no matter how poor his team mates were playing. Won't question his character either but even the best can benefit from a step down and he certainly did

Yes the injury was what I thought, but it must have been a brain injury that was fixed in one game in the VFL... :snidegrin

Do you ignore everything that is said and just pick the 1 or 2 thinks that suits you so you can continually make snide pot shots?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #959 on: May 16, 2016, 04:15:54 PM »
^^^ did WP say that too??

"Rucks: