Author Topic: Anthony Miles [merged]  (Read 144141 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Anthony Miles [merged]
« Reply #690 on: September 14, 2014, 06:44:58 PM »
Maybe he prayed to god that he would get delisted and did some sort of Jedi mind tricks on them coz he wanted to come to us, what do you think BoJangles, is that one of the magical powers you get issued with at church or is it just bread, wine and sodomising the altar boys?
Your telling the story,
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #691 on: September 14, 2014, 08:23:03 PM »
Let's see how he goes next year.

I'm not sold on half a year.

Fair, I'm actually not sold on vlastuin either. Was ordinary for most of this year.

2nd year blues maybe. I thought his year was very poor, however overlooked when you consider the year of grigg and newman
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #692 on: September 14, 2014, 08:57:37 PM »
I thought vlastuin and few richmond players had stronger season

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #693 on: September 17, 2014, 09:34:08 AM »
Maybe he prayed to god that he would get delisted and did some sort of Jedi mind tricks on them coz he wanted to come to us, what do you think BoJangles, is that one of the magical powers you get issued with at church or is it just bread, wine and sodomising the altar boys?
Your telling the story,
Correct answer and that is what you will say in court
Lots of people name their swords......

tony_montana

« Reply #694 on: September 17, 2014, 09:56:08 AM »

Fair, I'm actually not sold on vlastuin either. Was ordinary for most of this year.

2nd year blues maybe. I thought his year was very poor, however overlooked when you consider the year of grigg and newman

There is one thing that worries me about Vlastuin, his speed off the mark/agility is very very poor. Noticed a fair few times he just cant dance around tackles or shrug them off. He's a strong unit, just needs to get more explosive

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #695 on: September 17, 2014, 10:45:18 AM »
I think flossy will become a good inside mid in time.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #696 on: September 18, 2014, 06:28:29 PM »
Patience pays dividends for Miles
richmondfc.com.au 
September 18, 2014

Rising Richmond midfielder Anthony Miles credits his time with the Tigers’ VFL team, throughout the first half of this season, as the catalyst for the impact he made at senior league level in 2014.

“I really believe the stint in the VFL for me was a good apprenticeship,” Miles told Roar Vision.

“It put me in better stead for when I did play my first game for Richmond.

Full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-09-18/patience-pays-dividends-for-miles

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #697 on: September 18, 2014, 08:42:59 PM »

There is one thing that worries me about Vlastuin, his speed off the mark/agility is very very poor. Noticed a fair few times he just cant dance around tackles or shrug them off. He's a strong unit, just needs to get more explosive
I think he can learn a trick or two in that dept , cogs was a lot like that early on
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Anthony Miles swaps football for cricket (Border Mail)
« Reply #698 on: October 19, 2014, 04:29:34 AM »
Richmond footballer Anthony Miles gives Howlong Spiders extra bite with cricket one-off
By Brett Kohlhagen
Border Mail
Oct. 18, 2014

HOWLONG has landed a coup with former junior and Richmond footballer Anthony Miles to make a one-off appearance for the Spiders next weekend.

Miles will play against Kiewa in round 2 at Howlong, with skipper Aaron Hoskin saying yesterday the club was excited the AFL player could fit the match into his busy schedule.

He will play both days of the match.

“I think his last year with Howlong was under 17s when the side won the premiership,” Hoskin said.

“He was a reasonable batsman from memory and pretty handy with the ball as well.

“He’s just a good honest young fellow who is willing to help out the club and community whenever he can.

“He doesn’t like pumping his own tyres up.”

Miles also played junior cricket for North Albury.

He enjoyed a breakout season with Richmond after debuting against North Melbourne in round 12 and has been training on the Border under Olympian Pat Scammell to prepare for the Tigers’ pre-season training which starts next month.

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/2633707/talented-tiger-gives-spiders-extra-bite/

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: Anthony Miles swaps football for cricket (Border Mail)
« Reply #699 on: October 19, 2014, 08:34:28 AM »
Richmond footballer Anthony Miles gives Howlong Spiders extra bite with cricket one-off
By Brett Kohlhagen
Border Mail
Oct. 18, 2014

HOWLONG has landed a coup with former junior and Richmond footballer Anthony Miles to make a one-off appearance for the Spiders next weekend.

Miles will play against Kiewa in round 2 at Howlong, with skipper Aaron Hoskin saying yesterday the club was excited the AFL player could fit the match into his busy schedule.

He will play both days of the match.

“I think his last year with Howlong was under 17s when the side won the premiership,” Hoskin said.

“He was a reasonable batsman from memory and pretty handy with the ball as well.

“He’s just a good honest young fellow who is willing to help out the club and community whenever he can.

“He doesn’t like pumping his own tyres up.”

Miles also played junior cricket for North Albury.

He enjoyed a breakout season with Richmond after debuting against North Melbourne in round 12 and has been training on the Border under Olympian Pat Scammell to prepare for the Tigers’ pre-season training which starts next month.

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/2633707/talented-tiger-gives-spiders-extra-bite/

Watch Miles walk out and sign a cricket Australia contract after we finish bottom next season.
Joke of a club!

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #700 on: October 19, 2014, 08:37:25 AM »
LOL
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #701 on: October 19, 2014, 08:52:28 AM »
 :lol
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #702 on: October 19, 2014, 09:09:41 AM »
Forza keiwa

Howlog goat shagfera

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #703 on: October 19, 2014, 03:01:44 PM »
Cricket Saturday, Church Sunday, hope he doesn't come back to pre-season tired.  :shh
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #704 on: October 20, 2014, 01:08:42 PM »
I'm always for our senior list having other sports they partake in. Like Gaz is a solid basketballer, I think Nathan Brown used to play a fair bit of soccer? and Chris Judd does a fair bit of sprint work. I'd much prefer Milo get some open air playing cricket than just veging out on Mario Kart. (even though I secretly wish I could play Mario Kart with him)