Author Topic: Hardwick interview Jan 24 - 2014 expectations / Dusty the defender (afl site)  (Read 4951 times)

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Can sort of see the logic in playing Martin back, but I'm not a fan of the move. If we had four of him I'd be all for it.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Didn't work, won't work!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Martin in the back line was hardly the primarily problem

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Martin in the back line was hardly the primarily problem

Didn't say it was!!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Can sort of see the logic in playing Martin back, but I'm not a fan of the move. If we had four of him I'd be all for it.
:bow

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
The only ones that would be happy to see Dusty playing in the backline would be opposition coaches. He's most useful to us and more a threat to the opposition playing through the midfield and forward of centre.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
The only ones that would be happy to see Dusty playing in the backline would be opposition coaches. He's most useful to us and more a threat to the opposition playing through the midfield and forward of centre.

Yep and that was more than evident last night.

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
martin picked up 1/2 dozen possessions in the 1st across 1/2 back, but let himself down with his kicking.

i suppose we could blame that on him playing in that role, but......

barely sighted him at all in the second, not sure how much he was even on the ground.

played in the middle for a lot of the second half, but seemed to get better as the game wore on. a bit surprising that, for the first real hit out.

The simple concept that some just cant seem to grasp, is that although he may spend considerable time off half back initially, to learn the role, in the longer term it will be mainly as part of the rotations, of which the nature will changed due to interchange caps.

But i suppose thats already been mentioned plenty, and if it aint sunk in by now.....
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
martin picked up 1/2 dozen possessions in the 1st across 1/2 back, but let himself down with his kicking.

barely sighted him at all in the second, not sure how much he was even on the ground.

played in the middle for a lot of the second half, but seemed to get better as the game wore on. a bit surprising that, for the first real hit out.

The simple concept that some just cant seem to grasp, is that although he may spend considerable time off half back initially, to learn the role, in the longer term it will be mainly as part of the rotations, of which the nature will changed due to interchange caps.

But i suppose thats already been mentioned plenty, and if it aint sunk in by now.....

"Learn the role" to the detriment of the game....The simple concept that some just cant seem to grasp.

But i suppose thats already been mentioned plenty, and if it aint sunk in by now......

"Rucks:

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Dust will get better of the half back. Really it's just a ploy to allow him to run out games in the midfield later in the contest. They have plenty of blokes to rotate through the forward line but few through the backline who can be as damaging with his switch play as Dusty

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Hardwick interview Jan 24 - 2014 expectations / Dusty the defender (afl site)
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2014, 12:27:28 PM »
Dusty was one of very few positives last night

;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Hardwick interview Jan 24 - 2014 expectations / Dusty the defender (afl site)
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2014, 12:55:34 PM »
Dusty was one of very few positives last night

;D

Yes, when he played his usual role.. ;D

"Rucks:

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2014, 02:21:47 PM »

I wasn't at the game but there didn't appear to be a massive change in his defensive game
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2014, 05:57:16 PM »
didnt appear to be much change to anyones game in the positive, so make of that what you will.
Maybe that means claw was right?

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2014, 06:01:52 PM »

"Learn the role" to the detriment of the game....The simple concept that some just cant seem to grasp.

But i suppose thats already been mentioned plenty, and if it aint sunk in by now......
so becoming a better all rounded footballer is detrimental in the whole shceme of things?.

I suppose some short term narrow minded thinkers would disagree, but often a little short term pain for long term gain is a good trade off.

Lets ignore the fact he racked up possessions early but stuffed his kicking, but if he had nailed a couple of 60m passes, like he can when on song, from half back it cuts the game wide open for us.

But nah who wants to ever see anything like that, everything was just perfect the way it was.