Author Topic: Vickery, Jack, Conca, Ellis 'didn't stand up' says Hardwick (afl, H-Sun, Age)  (Read 2899 times)

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
impressive performance by our sub when he came on with fresh legs.... missed matty white big time
we will rue the day they traded matty, in fact I rue it now!!!

If we had traded him ...yeah .... but we didn't trade him

He left under Free Agency (which was his right) and we got zilch in return

This is true. However, he left to pursue greater opportunities, no doubt rightfully disgruntled at only being selected occasionally and usually as the sub. That we could under resource someone of his speed and endurance is an indictment on the same football department that automatically selects Grigg every week. 

gerkin greg

Yeah now Matt white was a champion  ::)

FFS

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Not a champ.

But had a great 2013. Excellent use as a sub.

Fast. Tougher than the likes of Petterd and Grigg.

All B-grade players but I like my B-graders with big nuts so they can at least offset their crap skills with some physicality.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
Never said he was a champion. But he's already shown that he will be a handy contributor for Port, and I'd have him in our team ahead of one or two blokes who are still getting a regular gig they don't deserve.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
Not a champ.

But had a great 2013. Excellent use as a sub.

Fast. Tougher than the likes of Petterd and Grigg.

All B-grade players but I like my B-graders with big nuts so they can at least offset their crap skills with some physicality.

Spot on.

the claw

impressive performance by our sub when he came on with fresh legs.... missed matty white big time
lol at this. did you see matt whites game for port. it was typical very little ball and very little polish but geez hes quick.
we dont miss matt white we miss pllayers who can kick well  run hard both ways  find enough of  the ball and make good decisions. you know most of the basics you expect in mids. things matt white lacks in imo and has shown for yrs on end to lack in em.
retaining mediocre players is not going to help us,  in white we got rid of one  or more to the point he walked.
white was a part of the problem.  we have plenty still who are part of the problem.  its been shown time and again teams can carry few glass half fulls and those they do carry had better bring something darn good to the table.

ffs a very deficient player in thomas a player i dont rate showed more and produced more  in his first game for us than anything white had done in 7yrs. that shows just how easy it is to upgrade some of these hacks.