Author Topic: The Hardwick Rebuild Is Dead Long Live the Next Rebuild  (Read 33061 times)

Rampstar

Re: The Hardwick Rebuild Is Dead Long Live the Next Rebuild
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2014, 06:17:48 PM »
:clapping

your clapping HRT for making a statement which was full of untruths and mistatements  :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2014, 06:41:44 PM »
Said it the other week but IMV the person who should be under the microscope more than anyone right now is Blair Hartley.

He is the one who said lets get Grigg, Houli, Chaplin.

He is the one who said its Ok if we lose White he's replaceable but as yet we haven't replaced him(even Dimma admitted that a pre match coterie function on Friday night).

He's the one who says we should give up draft picks and use it on the limpents. His job is to build our list, analyse it and improve it. He's is also a major player in telling the recruiting guys what type of players to target.

Based on what we've seen so far this year you have to question what the hell he is doing and whether he has too much say
He did well with Grigg and HOuli at the time. Problem is we settled. We keep extending contracts rather than trading and upgrading.

Grigg has refused to chase and tackle since he arrived just like he did atCarlton

As for the extending of contracts, have a guess has input in that too? Yep good old Blair
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2014, 06:53:46 PM »
Just saw the brilliant Heppel get out run by Johnston of Freo who was cantering....
Conca would have caught him easily......
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

the claw

« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2014, 07:09:19 PM »
In regards to claws point

Players taken in the national draft are as follows. In regards to my point:  we are apparently writing these types off - but have they been given six to eighth game in the favoured position to prove themselfs?

09:  griffiths Astbury. Dea. Grimes
10: bachelor. Helbig.
11:  Elton. Arnot. Ohanlon. 
12:  mcintosh. McBean.  Mcdonuts. Williams.
13:  Gordon. Llyod. Bannfield. Thomas.
nd picks since jackson has been there after the first round

05 hughes 24, casserley 40.
06 edwards 26, connors 58, peterson 60, collins 73.
07 putt 51,
08 26 post, hislop 58 (m),
09 griffiths, astbury 35, dea 44, taylor 51, webberley 67, nason 71 (m),
10 batchelor 30, helbig 47, macdonald 51, derickx 63 (m).
11 elton 26, arnot 55,
12 mcintosh 31, mcbean 33, mcdonough 42.
13 gordon 50 (m), lloyd 66 (m).

if just 50% of thses blokes had or were to make it it would mean another 13 decent to very good players on our list and we dont have problems. imo there is not one proven player among the lot of em.
edwards has over 100 games but is mediocre. griffiths and astbury are only now starting to show a bit but have miles to go.  i wouldnt like to comment on players after 2010 as they deserve time imo but none have made it or established themselves.

failing to find our fair share of solid to very good players in the nd is killing us and making it very hard to build GOOD depth and find enough quality. we just have to fix this area.

Given the issue at hand is hard wick, how much point is there going back to the times of Cleve Hughes and travel casserly
i would have thought that was obvious when discussing francis jackson.

so we are full circle and back to blaming the the coach, it has nothing to do with the catlle at his disposal.
maybe just maybe the out look should be, we won 15 games with that list last yr what an achievement. perhaps he should be getting kudos.

is hardwick the issue at hand. maybe  but that does not mean there are not more relevant issues.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2014, 07:24:56 PM »
I just had a look at that draft, I have counted 13 conservatively that I rate better players now than Reece and probably another 5 to 10 that IMO will be better. It was actually a really good draft.
Who are these 13?
Maybe Prestia but he hasn't had any injuries to hinder his development. Certainly not Lucas Cook. Isaac Smith is 2 years older so it's difficult to compare. Lynch really hasn't set the game on fire. Atley has been ok but goes missing when it counts. Ben Jacobs is into his second club. Matthew Watson better than Conca?
Ok Jack Darling - but you can say the same for 16 other teams and he was in trouble with the law at the time.
Give Reece a chance with a full preseason before you pass judgement.  I think that's the only way to be fair.
I'm giving him that chance.
Remember this draft was in 2010, not last year. Conca has had ample time, let's not use injury as his excuse.
Simple kicking and ball handling do not get set back by injury, and I'm afraid Reece is suspect in both pretty important areas of our great game.
Here is my list of people I would do a straight swap for today-
J. Caddy
D.Heppell
D.Prestia
S. Atley
I. Smith
J. Darling
K. Harper
J. Howe
G. Horlin-Smith
L. Parker
T. Liberatore
T. McDonald
A. Johnson
P. Puoplo

And here is my list of players I think will be better than Reece
J. Pitt
T. Lynch
B. Smedts
M. Wallis
C. Guthrie
C. O'Shea

Now I know that your not going to agree with them all and that's fine too but there is 20 odd names that were all drafted after Reece. He is very limited IMO. Doesn't mean I don't like him but I can see we made a mistake taking Reece at pick 6. Can you?....now?
Caddy is rubbish. Harper hasn't had a kick. McDonald can't kick for poo.

You're taking the pee naming F/S players

And further taking the pee with Jayden Pitt. I'll let you figure out why he will NEVER EVER be a better player than Reece.
I would be interested to hear what other people think of Caddy compared to our Reece?

On the father sons that I mentioned I thought if you offered a first round choice for a player the team who's dad played their would have to match that round draft pick?  Not sure what happens when there are two F/S but Tom is a million miles ahead of Reece and went in the second round when we had pick 5?

And on Jayden Pitt I got him mixed up with that other skinny kid from Port, Jasper Pittard. My mistake.

Anyway there is another 15 odd names so I assume you think they are better than Reece?

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2014, 07:33:58 PM »
I just had a look at that draft, I have counted 13 conservatively that I rate better players now than Reece and probably another 5 to 10 that IMO will be better. It was actually a really good draft.
Who are these 13?
Maybe Prestia but he hasn't had any injuries to hinder his development. Certainly not Lucas Cook. Isaac Smith is 2 years older so it's difficult to compare. Lynch really hasn't set the game on fire. Atley has been ok but goes missing when it counts. Ben Jacobs is into his second club. Matthew Watson better than Conca?
Ok Jack Darling - but you can say the same for 16 other teams and he was in trouble with the law at the time.
Give Reece a chance with a full preseason before you pass judgement.  I think that's the only way to be fair.
Remember this draft was in 2010, not last year. Conca has had ample time, let's not use injury as his excuse.
Simple kicking and ball handling do not get set back by injury, and I'm afraid Reece is suspect in both pretty important areas of our great game.
J. Caddy
D.Heppell
D.Prestia
S. Atley
I. Smith
J. Darling
K. Harper
J. Howe
G. Horlin-Smith
L. Parker
T. Liberatore
T. McDonald
A. Johnson
P. Puoplo

J. Pitt
T. Lynch
B. Smedts
M. Wallis
C. Guthrie
C. O'Shea

Now I know that your not going to agree with them all and that's fine too but there is 20 odd names that were all drafted after Reece. He is very limited IMO. Doesn't mean I don't like him but I can see we made a mistake taking Reece at pick 6. Can you?....now?

And further taking the pee with Jayden Pitt. I'll let you figure out why he will NEVER EVER be a better player than Reece.
You ask me to name some player and I give you 20 names and you come back with clapping. You are obviously a really interesting person to have a conversation with. Glad I bothered.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2014, 08:42:20 PM »
Who are these 13?
J. Caddy
D.Heppell
D.Prestia
S. Atley
I. Smith
J. Darling
K. Harper
J. Howe
G. Horlin-Smith
L. Parker
T. Liberatore
T. McDonald
A. Johnson
P. Puoplo

J. Pitt
T. Lynch
B. Smedts
M. Wallis
C. Guthrie
C. O'Shea

You ask me to name some player and I give you 20 names and you come back with clapping. You are obviously a really interesting person to have a conversation with. Glad I bothered.
Can you bloody well read?  The clapping was that I agreed with tigs2011 post.  It wasn't directed at you.  You named a random 20 players that anyone could have got off the internet.  You hardly put any thought into explaining why you said any of them were better than Conca.  By the way, Conca has had injuries since he came to Richmond.  The were related to bone spurs in both feet.  This has not allowed him to have a full preseason since he has been at the club.  Do some proper research before posting.

If you want to get personal about being interesting or not just whack off.  I don't need people like you being demeaning in a sarcastic way.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2014, 09:28:49 PM »
The let the best HFF leave too easy. Dmac kicked another lazy 8 yesterday & gave a few off. Got to get this lad back.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2014, 09:29:57 PM »
The let the best HFF leave too easy. Dmac kicked another lazy 8 yesterday & gave a few off. Got to get this lad back.

Dmac is a stuffing sook who will never play AFL. Who cares about him kicking goals in the country.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2014, 09:35:21 PM »

Dmac is a stuffing sook who will never play AFL. Who cares about him kicking goals in the country.

if RFC dont go after him again, then l'm afraid another club like Collingwood who had 2 goes for him will get him back to the AFL. He is way too good to be playing down here. he runs them down at half pace. The lad is a champion in the making. His tagged every week & he breaks them with his fitness. He is fit thats for sure

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2014, 09:43:57 PM »
If he wants to play in the AFL again he should be at Port Melbourne or another VFL club.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2014, 11:29:38 PM »
Who are these 13?
J. Caddy
D.Heppell
D.Prestia
S. Atley
I. Smith
J. Darling
K. Harper
J. Howe
G. Horlin-Smith
L. Parker
T. Liberatore
T. McDonald
A. Johnson
P. Puoplo

J. Pitt
T. Lynch
B. Smedts
M. Wallis
C. Guthrie
C. O'Shea

Can you bloody well read?  The clapping was that I agreed with tigs2011 post.  It wasn't directed at you.  You named a random 20 players that anyone could have got off the internet.  You hardly put any thought into explaining why you said any of them were better than Conca.  By the way, Conca has had injuries since he came to Richmond.  The were related to bone spurs in both feet.  This has not allowed him to have a full preseason since he has been at the club.  Do some proper research before posting.

If you want to get personal about being interesting or not just whack off.  I don't need people like you being demeaning in a sarcastic way.
Can I bloody well read? How old are you!  You put I little figure of someone clapping! What I read from that is you are boring. You asked me a direct question and I gave you an answer. No need to go into detail about 20 players I would prefer over Reece. And if you don't like being treated like a d/ckhead don't act like one.   :clapping

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2014, 12:48:57 AM »
Who are these 13?
J. Caddy
D.Heppell
D.Prestia
S. Atley
I. Smith
J. Darling
K. Harper
J. Howe
G. Horlin-Smith
L. Parker
T. Liberatore
T. McDonald
A. Johnson
P. Puoplo

J. Pitt
T. Lynch
B. Smedts
M. Wallis
C. Guthrie
C. O'Shea

I would be interested to hear what other people think of Caddy compared to our Reece?

On the father sons that I mentioned I thought if you offered a first round choice for a player the team who's dad played their would have to match that round draft pick?  Not sure what happens when there are two F/S but Tom is a million miles ahead of Reece and went in the second round when we had pick 5?

And on Jayden Pitt I got him mixed up with that other skinny kid from Port, Jasper Pittard. My mistake.

Anyway there is another 15 odd names so I assume you think they are better than Reece?
libba had a first round bid on him. Wallis had a higher one bid. Therefore they got one with 1st and one with 2nd. Pittard is also irrelevant. There are some in your second list that I wouldn't take over Reece but the ones in the first list I didn't mention I agree with.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2014, 01:08:30 AM »
I don't care for your list I care for one player

Heppell

Was ours all the way yet for some incredible idiotic decision we decide to take a c grader in Conca

Gee I was hoping eagles took him now we are stuck with him
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2014, 01:17:12 AM »
WGAF!?

Seriously. Nobody is gonna do anything about it.

Suck it up ladies.

The club is poo
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 02:53:04 AM by one-eyed »
Caracella and Balmey.