Author Topic: Boak bristles at Chaplin's passion after goal (afl site)  (Read 9815 times)

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
Re: Boak bristles at Chaplin's passion after goal (afl site)
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2014, 08:08:42 PM »
boak got 40 touches

chaplin was awful (as per usual) untill westhoff was finally manned up by hardwick - after ripping us apart

"They were winning so I guess he can do what he wants, but I hope he's enjoying the year they're having," Boak said on Monday.

fair point really

shyte year largely due to chaplin. our worst player

That's embarrassing to even make that comment "until westhoff was finally manned up by hardwick - after ripping us apart!

Westhoff had 14 possessions at an efficiency of 64%, no marks in the f50 and zero scoring!

Chaplin then follows the big goon forward and kicks two goals.......well bugger me

Stop letting the facts get in the way of your one way tram track comments
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 10:25:20 PM by sugark »

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2014, 09:31:44 PM »
By wealth off you mean Westhoff

But I agree he wasn't ripping us apart, he had a crap game truth be told

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2014, 09:36:12 PM »
If Astbury plays again this year maybe we should just leave Chappy forward and see what happens. Rance, Grimes and Astbury 3 talls KPD's.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2014, 09:38:43 PM »
If Astbury plays again this year maybe we should just leave Chappy forward and see what happens. Rance, Grimes and Astbury 3 talls KPD's.

Agree about 50 metres forward of our goals should do the trick

He can sell hot dogs or something

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2014, 09:50:07 PM »
bristles? who writes this poo? the manager of the greek big m girls?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

tony_montana

« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2014, 09:55:19 PM »
Bit more to it according to media.

It seems Chaplin sent an email to Port after he skipped out for more cash, telling them how they could become a better club.

No wonder Boak hates him.

That's terrible

gotta be a parting smartarse shot....and it worked !!!

I reckon he was being legit serious which is a pee-er

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2014, 07:16:27 PM »
it sounds like Boak has moved on. He might finish top four, at least play finals. Good player too.

Why did we not tag him btw

Because he was largely ineffective.

Yes - only BOG by a country mile and the main reason Port were able to stay in it for so long. But apart from that - largely ineffective.

Even Dietitian can see it :banghead

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2014, 07:47:21 PM »
boak got 40 touches

chaplin was awful (as per usual) untill westhoff was finally manned up by hardwick - after ripping us apart

"They were winning so I guess he can do what he wants, but I hope he's enjoying the year they're having," Boak said on Monday.

fair point really

That's embarrassing to even make that comment "until westhoff was finally manned up by hardwick - after ripping us apart!

Westhoff had 14 possessions at an efficiency of 64%, no marks in the f50 and zero scoring!

Chaplin then follows the big goon forward and kicks two goals.......well bugger me

I was alluding westhoff was more damaging as a port back man than what Chaplin provided on the rebound. A position the esteemed commentry team stated on the replay. Its a hard task to take forward 50 marks whilst not in the forward line.

It wouldn't be the first time an opposition loose man in defence has had a largely influence in the positive for the game as opposed to when Chaplin has found himself loose.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2014, 07:51:52 PM »

Have we finally found our swingman?

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2014, 09:51:48 PM »
boak got 40 touches

fair point really

I was alluding westhoff was more damaging as a port back man than what Chaplin provided on the rebound. A position the esteemed commentry team stated on the replay. Its a hard task to take forward 50 marks whilst not in the forward line.

It wouldn't be the first time an opposition loose man in defence has had a largely influence in the positive for the game as opposed to when Chaplin has found himself loose.

Westhoff was poo for the whole game and at no stage did he have a large influence in the positive, simply because his man didn't allow him. Blinkers off please

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2014, 09:56:06 PM »
Chaplin played his whole junior as a forward. :whistle
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2014, 07:45:36 AM »
boak got 40 touches

fair point really

Westhoff was pooe for the whole game and at no stage did he have a large influence in the positive, simply because his man didn't allow him. Blinkers off please

Why Chaplin go forward then

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2014, 09:17:10 AM »

Westhoff was pooe for the whole game and at no stage did he have a large influence in the positive, simply because his man didn't allow him. Blinkers off please

Agree.   :thumbsup

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2014, 09:20:33 AM »

Why Chaplin go forward then

To even up the numbers (man on man).  Westhoff wasn't doing the damage, it was Logan and Broadbent running free that was causing the problem.  Westhoff was ineffectual.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2014, 11:45:34 AM »
Boak showing the pressure of losing 4 of the past 5 games. Out of the Top 4 after being top of the ladder.
If he buckles that easily on field then I don't like what's coming up for them in the next 6 weeks.
Karmas a bitch boaky, ask Brent Moloney
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.