Author Topic: Ivan Soldo traded to Port [merged]  (Read 121255 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Ivan Soldo [merged]
« Reply #660 on: October 14, 2023, 07:01:39 PM »
Ivan Soldo

Port Adelaide remains interested in bringing Richmond premiership ruckman Soldo to the club as well as Western Bulldogs big man Jordon Sweet, and Soldo also remains interested in going. But so far Richmond has blocked any move on Soldo departing with a year to run on his contract at Punt Road. Would a future second-round pick tempt the Tigers?

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1052352/so-many-deals-so-little-time-which-trades-will-get-done-before-deadline

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #661 on: October 15, 2023, 06:58:56 PM »
Is Ivan Soldo staying at Tigerland?

Soldo has attracted interest in the past few seasons from various clubs but ultimately has stayed at Richmond. He is contracted, but could he see a chance to become Port Adelaide’s No.1 ruckman as an appetising incentive? But Richmond is desperate to keep him – and intends to. It would take a strong expression from Soldo that he wants to leave to change this.

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/trade-hq/afl-trade-all-the-big-news-deals-to-be-done-as-wednesday-deadline-nears/news-story/4e34ab20affd0672d5768691f6adda7e

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #662 on: October 15, 2023, 08:42:10 PM »
How about pick 29 and Soldo for their pick 25 and 41.we can then offer 41 for Kosckitzke.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #663 on: October 15, 2023, 08:52:31 PM »
How about pick 29 and Soldo for their pick 25 and 41.we can then offer 41 for Kosckitzke.

Like it but they have to get the Zerk-Thatcher deal done and may need 25 for that seeing the Duursma deal is on a slow drip at the moment
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #664 on: October 16, 2023, 07:35:38 AM »

Agreed Crawski. Something like that makes sense.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #665 on: October 16, 2023, 08:25:56 AM »

Agreed Crawski. Something like that makes sense.

Agree, not a bad deal.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #666 on: October 16, 2023, 09:17:27 AM »
That's a crap deal for me. Pick 25 for Soldo only not our 29 involved. Go to the draft with 25 and 29 and give hawks a third round. Time to get tough not always nice.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #667 on: October 16, 2023, 12:48:06 PM »
There’s been a renewed push from contracted @Richmond_FC ruck Ivan Soldo & his management to seek a trade to @PAFC.

The Tigers are holding firm, telling him he’s required after floating him to GWS last year. Port will bring in Jordon Sweet regardless.

https://twitter.com/tommorris32/status/1713710249029599538

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #668 on: October 16, 2023, 01:05:22 PM »
"I think this is the developing story over the next few days, it's been bubbling away for a while and it has taken some further steps along on the weekend."

- Tom Morris on Ivan Soldo moving to Port Adelaide

https://twitter.com/traderadio/status/1713737585703707119

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #669 on: October 16, 2023, 01:06:32 PM »
"He is keen to get there, Port Adelaide is keen to get him there as well. It is going to come down to Richmond's persistence to keep him. We wait and see, Richmond haven't budged on this one yet."

- Cal Twomey on the Ivan Soldo situation

https://twitter.com/traderadio/status/1713734913990771069

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #670 on: October 16, 2023, 01:09:08 PM »
"We know Port Adelaide are after him, we know that he wants to go to Port Adelaide, we know Richmond are holding firm. But, how much lingering discontent is there can we read into that motivates Ivan Soldo."

- Sam Edmund

https://twitter.com/traderadio/status/1713738038977966577

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #671 on: October 16, 2023, 04:51:02 PM »
RICHMOND HOLDING FIRM AS SOLDO AND HIS MANAGEMENT PUSH FOR PORT ADELAIDE MOVE

Lachlan Geleit
SEN
16 October 2023

SEN news breakers Tom Morris and Sam Edmund expect the potential Ivan Soldo to Port Adelaide trade to continue developing over the next couple of days.

Morris says that the Richmond ruckman, who has one year remaining on his contract at Punt Road, has pushed further for a move to Alberton across the weekend.

Edmund confirmed that Port Adelaide wants the player and that Soldo wants to move to the club, but Richmond is currently holding form.

The duo discussed where discussions over the future of the 27-year-old premiership player sit and attempted to shine a light on the dealings and major players behind the scenes of the touted move.

Morris: “I think this is the developing story over the next couple of days now.

“It's been bubbling away for a while, and it's taken some further steps along on the weekend.”

Edmund: “I'll tell you what I've heard, and you might be able to flesh it out, put a bit more jam in the donut so to speak.

“We know Port Adelaide are after him. We know that we know that he wants to go to Port Adelaide. We know that Richmond are holding firm.

“But how much lingering - if I can call it - discontent maybe, can we read into the fact that that it motivates Ivan Soldo? If you rewind 12 months, he nearly went to GWS. He went up there, he toured, he did the medical.

“Then he had two years to go. Now he's got one year to go. How much discontent is there lingering in the Ivan Soldo camp from last year's failed move.”

Morris: “It exists. It's there. Only Ivan Soldo would be able to answer to what degree it's leading to him wanting out now.

“But there's been developments over the weekend whereby he and his manager Peter Lenton have spoken to Blair Hartley (general manager of football talent) at Richmond, and they are trying to push him to Port Adelaide. But it's not getting done because Richmond is holding firm.

“The Tigers are saying, ‘You're a contracted player’, he’s saying, ‘I was a contracted player last year and you tried to push me to the Giants, and I was open to it because you wanted me to be’.

“The Giants said no for two reasons. One was money, the second was they were not sure that his knee would be able to hold up.

“In the end, it proved to be the right call given how well Kieren Briggs played this year.”

Edmund: “He's on somewhere around $400k to $450k a season.”

Morris: “The Ivan Soldo to Port Adelaide trade is something that Port has been trying to push for a while.

“But because he's contracted - a bit like Adelaide with Harrison Petty - the player needs to be really forceful.

“I'm told over the last 48 hours the player and his manager have been more forceful. But even then, they can be as forceful as they want.

“If Blair Hartley and Adem Yze are saying no, that's it.”

Soldo has played 57 games for the Tigers since making his debut in the 2017 season.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/10/16/richmond-holding-firm-as-soldo-and-his-management-push-for-port-adelaide/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #672 on: October 16, 2023, 05:06:33 PM »
When Soldo got right after plantar fascia issues he played three VFL games to get fit then seven AFL games. Five of them alongside Nankervis. Tigers accepting a future second or something similar doesn't help Adem Yze. When they can still trade him next year for something similar.

By no means is he untouchable but Richmond would be interested in Lord or Georgiades who aren't going anywhere. Or an early pick this year. And Port needs 25 for Ratugolea and one or 41 or 49 for Jordon Sweet.

https://twitter.com/RalphyHeraldSun/status/1713742548769116258

Correction: Soldo is an unrestricted free agent next year.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #673 on: October 16, 2023, 05:23:05 PM »
25 for Rat is a joke

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #674 on: October 16, 2023, 06:23:18 PM »
Richmond’s Ivan Soldo requests a trade but the Tigers hold firm on the contracted ruckman.

Soldo battled plantar fascia issues early in the season but after a trio of VFL games mid-year he played seven late-season games in the senior side.

Most of those were alongside co-captain Toby Nankervis, with Richmond stressing to Soldo he has a long-term future at the club despite his demand to get to the Power.

Port Adelaide has picks 25, 41 and 49, and has its own second-round pick and the Fremantle second-round pick next year.

So the Power could offer a 2024 second-rounder for Soldo but at this stage Richmond is adamant it will keep him, even if he departs as an unrestricted free agent next year.

- Jon Ralph

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-port-adelaide-and-essendon-meet-over-brandon-zerkthatcher-and-xavier-duursma-deal/news-story/083c320034cfeae1048a447d9cd40e90