Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 218227 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #900 on: October 09, 2014, 07:27:13 PM »
FSN saying Jeremy Cameron was taken on a tour of Adelaide's facilities. Jeez....

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

the claw

« Reply #901 on: October 09, 2014, 07:44:06 PM »
Eat
poo
Doggies

How come whites worth nothing. In comparison especiy with the last round of free agents

Richmond not crap enough?

I can't find that button on my calculator

Again it comes down to the contract at new club. Will the player end up in the top 10 paid players at his new club? Answer no? That Impacts on compo as well, as does what he was on in final year at previous club

im sorry - i know you didnt write the rules - but its all a bit silly

top ten paided? franklin is ten million chachingas [over x yr].

and yet pick 30 or whatever

frawley 600k [p/year] or whatever it is, and pick 3.
lol griffen is 28 and if he feels the same way in 12mnths time
 in all likelyhood he will walk as a f/a next yr.

geez if the griffen deal goes as they say and jones goes to carlton  the dogs will end up with 4, 6, 7, 26, 27, 28. for the loss of griffen, higgins, and jones. it could be in three yrs time the dogs are the club in position to challenge gws and gcs for ultimate supremacy.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #902 on: October 09, 2014, 07:46:09 PM »
Not ideal to lose ze captain regardless of what you get in return

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #903 on: October 09, 2014, 07:59:07 PM »
Eat
poo
Doggies

How come whites worth nothing. In comparison especiy with the last round of free agents

Richmond not crap enough?

I can't find that button on my calculator

Again it comes down to the contract at new club. Will the player end up in the top 10 paid players at his new club? Answer no? That Impacts on compo as well, as does what he was on in final year at previous club

im sorry - i know you didnt write the rules - but its all a bit silly

top ten paided? franklin is ten million chachingas [over x yr].

and yet pick 30 or whatever

frawley 600k [p/year] or whatever it is, and pick 3.
lol griffen is 28 and if he feels the same way in 12mnths time
 in all likelyhood he will walk as a f/a next yr.

geez if the griffen deal goes as they say and jones goes to carlton  the dogs will end up with 4, 6, 7, 26, 27, 28. for the loss of griffen, higgins, and jones. it could be in three yrs time the dogs are the club in position to challenge gws and gcs for ultimate supremacy.

Maybe 5 years time. Maybe not. Statistics say only 3 of those 6 picks will become either average or elite players.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

tony_montana

« Reply #904 on: October 09, 2014, 08:03:50 PM »
Theres no way they'll give the doggies 2 top 10 picks for a 28 y/o with a chronic back. Griff is a jet at his best but...

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #905 on: October 09, 2014, 08:05:13 PM »
Theyhave a decent young list, but so do a lot of people. I'm sceptical a couple more kids will heap them equal gws/GCin ffuture seasons.

the claw

« Reply #906 on: October 09, 2014, 08:22:08 PM »
in all honesty its the sort of deal i would jump at if deledio wanted out but only if he wanted out. brett is also 28 next yr and 4 and 7 would be ideal compensation if he wanted to go. would only get a 2nd rounder or something silly like that in f/a.

have a look at what sides just below us and around us are doing. all things being equal sooner or later they will go past us especially if things stay the same for another yr or two.

Gigantor

« Reply #907 on: October 09, 2014, 08:25:11 PM »
Claw of course you would jump at it..I sometimes think you are content with the 'eternal rebuild"

the claw

« Reply #908 on: October 09, 2014, 08:29:55 PM »
Theres no way they'll give the doggies 2 top 10 picks for a 28 y/o with a chronic back. Griff is a jet at his best but...
the thinking is they will give up pick 4 and use pick 7 they get from carlton for jaksch. they have jack steele already and paid unders for him with 23, they will still have 19, 20 and 40.
they dont have a worry about kids their list is full of em they need quality mature players and griffen is exactly thaqt.

what would you want for deledio in the same circumstances.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #909 on: October 09, 2014, 08:36:21 PM »
Theres no way they'll give the doggies 2 top 10 picks for a 28 y/o with a chronic back. Griff is a jet at his best but..

the thinking is they will give up pick 4 and use pick 7 they get from carlton for jaksch. they have jack steele already and paid unders for him with 23, they will still have 19, 20 and 40.
they dont have a worry about kids their list is full of em they need quality mature players and griffen is exactly thaqt.

pick 1.

Deledio > Griffen
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

tony_montana

« Reply #910 on: October 09, 2014, 08:40:04 PM »

pick 4 plus 2 players, a shiel type and Tomlinson/jaksch

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #911 on: October 09, 2014, 08:40:38 PM »
in all honesty its the sort of deal i would jump at if deledio wanted out but only if he wanted out. brett is also 28 next yr and 4 and 7 would be ideal compensation if he wanted to go. would only get a 2nd rounder or something silly like that in f/a.

have a look at what sides just below us and around us are doing. all things being equal sooner or later they will go past us especially if things stay the same for another yr or two.

And by the time 4 and 7 come good

(Maybe)...

Gws and GC are extracting the urine. And cotchin and rance are hanging up the boots

You need something to build around, given the nature of the beast. I would not want to offloading any of aRance/cotchin\lids\martin unless its was a pretty top shelf offer
I

the claw

« Reply #912 on: October 09, 2014, 08:51:10 PM »
Theres no way they'll give the doggies 2 top 10 picks for a 28 y/o with a chronic back. Griff is a jet at his best but..

pick 1.

Deledio > Griffen
doggies supporters would argue that very strongly. me id prefer 4 and 7 to pick 1 especially when the top 5 or so are usually elite. one of petracca, brayshaw mccartin or wright is what the dogs would get according to most pundits if they had pick 4.  you then get 7 to have anothe crack at it.

i suppose it depends on how you rate pick 1 and the gap between 1 and 4.

Claw of course you would jump at it..I sometimes think you are content with the 'eternal rebuild"
mate no matter what you think all clubs to differing degrees are in eternal rebuild.

of course i want to build and yes atm  go hard at it, simply  because i have not for one minute thought we have come close to completing a build. when we do i will then be content with maintaining the list and doing whats needed to do that.

4 or 5 nd picks would be the ave for all clubs with varying amounts of rookies and trades. 7 8 or 9 new faces for miost cluns would not be out of the ordibnary.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #913 on: October 09, 2014, 08:58:20 PM »
most doggies support would prefer to keep ze captain

the claw

« Reply #914 on: October 09, 2014, 09:03:34 PM »

pick 4 plus 2 players, a shiel type and Tomlinson/jaksch
so in effect your asking for more than 4 and 7 for deledio for similarly performed players in griffen and deledio.would not think we would get pick 4 and two very high calibre players.

given the hypothetical circumstance id be over the moon with picks 4 and 7 for deledio given we could end up with little if he went into f/a.