Author Topic: Richmond vs Port Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval - Elimination Final - Sun. 3.20pm EST  (Read 30887 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Mine was 79 when I tried to book at about 8 last night said no seats and sent back to site ended up paying 109 they are currently 375  :help FMD they know how to make money

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Mine was 79 when I tried to book at about 8 last night said no seats and sent back to site ended up paying 109 they are currently 375  :help FMD they know how to make money

Yep the airlines are cashing big time

And great effort by the AFL's airline partner adding extra flights to meet demand.... NOT  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Where's the stuffing ACCC?

Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Where's the stuffing ACCC?

At a blues function tonight  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame

$375 return or one-way?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Finals preview: Port Adelaide v Richmond

Liam Mannix
     The Age
    September 1, 2014

First elimination final

Port Adelaide v Richmond

Sunday, 3.20pm Adelaide Oval

SELECTION TABLE

Half-back Cam O'Shea was omitted from the Power's squad against Fremantle for first-year player Jarman Impey. Impey is a quick, small defender, while O'Shea can play small or on the third tall.

Matt White was subbed off early after appearing to injure a groin, and it's not yet clear whether he will line up on Sunday, but he has already missed three weeks of the season with the same complaint. If he doesn't get up, endurance athlete Kane Mitchell, a coach's favourite despite suspect disposal by foot, may get a guernsey. If he does, the team will be weaker for it – despite Mitchell's desperation, he is clearly the less-damaging player. Defender Tom Logan was best afield in Port Adelaide's reserves game on the weekend and is a chance to play.

Richmond will consider both ruck-forward Ty Vickery, back from suspension, and reigning best-and-fairest Dan Jackson. However, with coach and players both praising the importance of consistency in the Tigers' hot run of late-season form, changes seem unlikely. Reece Conca had an impact after going on as the sub for the quiet Ricky Petterd, so he may get a chance to start next week. Forward David Astbury played three quarters in the VFL last weekend, but with Richmond's reserves out of the finals had no chance to build match fitness. Sam Lloyd, who played well when these teams last met, had 25 disposals and kicked three goals in that VFL match.

2014 MEETINGS

Round 17, July 13, Etihad Stadium. Richmond 19.12 (126) d Port 16. 10 (106)
The first "real" opponent Richmond beat in its late-season form streak. Rookie find Anthony Miles was the Tigers' best. Jack Riewoldt kicked three and Robbie Gray kicked four for Port. Alex Rance kept Jay Schulz to two goals.

WHO WINS

Port Adelaide.

Adelaide Oval has become a fortress for this young team. After a mid-season slump caused by the loss of its two key defenders, it has slowly been building towards finals and arrives in reasonable form. Robbie Gray may be the difference – he's racking up good games and Brownlow votes, with two goals and 33 touches against Fremantle. Chad Wingard seems to save his best for big moments, and goes into the match in good form.

After beating Sydney, Richmond celebrated like a team that had won a grand final. Realistically, it beat a team without superstar Lance Franklin and with little to play for. While its achievement in making finals is praiseworthy, it shouldn't distract from the fact that the club has gone backwards from last year. It relies heavily on a few superstars – Martin, Deledio, Cotchin and Riewoldt – with talent too thin below them. The Power has developed a depth of talent across the ground.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/finals-preview-port-adelaide-v-richmond-20140831-10anvc.html#ixzz3BzZFGkuu

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

$375 return or one-way?

$375 would be one way now  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade

$375 return or one-way?

$375 would be one way now  ;D

343 one way now so 700 return  :scream

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Jackstar is back!!!

The ticket allocation of 10k is correct
Reason behind this is that the " western stand " ( which is half the ground ) is allocated to " Adelaide oval " members
So the rest of the ground is divided between the 2 competing clubs

Offline potsclub

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Not getting too far ahead of my self but very proud of the boys and the exciting football that they have played, get rid of the chip to chip stuff and just get it moving quickly.
Anyway, Richmond have a good record against Port, and if by any chance we get up I think we maybe playing Freo there.
I believe with there congested way of playing football, we also have a chance there too!!!
OHHH IM A DREAMER AND I DREAM BIG!!!
GO THE TIGERS!!!

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
The ticket allocation of 10k is correct
Reason behind this is that the " western stand " ( which is half the ground ) is allocated to " Adelaide oval " members
So the rest of the ground is divided between the 2 competing clubs

That's rubbish . 10k is not enough.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

dwaino

I don't feel as much pressure going into this one as a supporter. Last year I feared losing to the team who shouldn't have been there. This time I feel like whatever is going to happen just will as we did a remarkable job in getting there. Heat is on next year though to just not be making up the numbers.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Just announced that the AFL will make Port wear their white clash strip this week while we'll be wearing in our traditional jumper and black shorts. The Alberton crowd are not happy lol.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Just announced that the AFL will make Port wear their white clash strip this week while we'll be wearing in our traditional jumper and black shorts. The Alberton crowd are not happy lol.
Yeah boy