Author Topic: How can Port go from 4th last in 2012 to this while we continue to fail?  (Read 2134 times)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: How can Port go from 4th last in 2012 to this while we continue to fail?
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2014, 08:19:27 PM »
Don't worry Kochie will be hauling the tarps out again.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2014, 08:41:01 PM »
While you're at it, can you explain how Collingwood went from 4th in 2012 to 11th?
Collingwood went from Premiers in 2010 to 4th in 2012. They recognised they had to rebuild bc buckley couldn't control the premiership list Mick had developed (which was just entering its prime), so off loaded important players and ruined the clubs chance of a mini golden period.  They are aiming at top 4 in 2016 and premiers in 2017, but will sack Buckley before then

fixed
:clapping :rollin
LMAAAO.
Buckleys even got Tiger fans sucked in. He's taken a side from a Grand Final to 11th in 4 years and Dimmas taken us from 16th to 8th.
But he's rebuilding and we are stuffed  ;D
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

dwaino

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2014, 11:47:09 AM »
While you're at it, can you explain how Collingwood went from 4th in 2012 to 11th?
Collingwood went from Premiers in 2010 to 4th in 2012. They recognised they had to rebuild bc buckley couldn't control the premiership list Mick had developed (which was just entering its prime), so off loaded important players and ruined the clubs chance of a mini golden period.  They are aiming at top 4 in 2016 and premiers in 2017, but will sack Buckley before then

fixed
LMAAAO.
Buckleys even got Tiger fans sucked in. He's taken a side from a Grand Final to 11th in 4 years and Dimmas taken us from 16th to 8th.

Like a rich dad gives his son a nice car, Eddie gave the keys to Buckley and he has already smashed it into a wall.

tony_montana

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2014, 12:24:20 PM »

fixed
LMAAAO.

reckon you need to reread the post you quoted HRT  ;)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2014, 02:19:51 PM »

fixed

:bow :bow Amazing  :bow :bow

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2014, 02:30:49 PM »

fixed
LMAAAO.

reckon you need to reread the post you quoted HRT  ;)

Right you are  :thumbsup
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2014, 08:33:21 AM »
I like the analogy Figjam is stuffing up the program lol
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2014, 10:14:37 AM »

fixed
LMAAAO.

Like a rich dad gives his son a nice car, Eddie gave the keys to Buckley and he has already smashed it into a wall.
:lol  :lol :lol
And he has the face to prove it.

dwaino

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2014, 10:26:01 AM »
 :lol

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2014, 02:36:23 PM »
the answer mrakov is culture. Those clubs have the best while we have one of the worst in the league.

Chris newman says hello
Interesting that you you single out newman when we have a captain who tried to deflect the blame onto Reiwoldt for the decision to kick against the wind in the elem final
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2014, 02:46:44 PM »
the answer mrakov is culture. Those clubs have the best while we have one of the worst in the league.

Chris newman says hello
Interesting that you you single out newman when we have a captain who tried to deflect the blame onto Reiwoldt for the decision to kick against the wind in the elem final

was referring to the shocking decision to have Newman come straight into the seniors.
You ever wonder why our reserves sides are no good. IMV its because there is no incentive to play senior footy when crap like that happens.

I have no idea what your talking about re" cotchin. Explain or put up a link if you can.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2014, 02:56:27 PM »
He again defended his decision to kick against the breeze in the first term on Sunday after winning the toss."It probably just wasn't my decision. Jack (Riewoldt) and the forwards discuss it as well," he said.

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=20813.msg460856#msg460856

very poor from a captain IMO.

Culture starts at the top

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2014, 03:02:13 PM »
id also be inclined to be looking to the coach and selection comittee rather than the player.
FWIW i agree with your sentiment, though