Author Topic: Pick 12 - who should we draft?  (Read 86987 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Pick 12 - who should we draft?
« Reply #570 on: November 27, 2014, 03:45:58 PM »
@corey_weekes - "thoughts on Ellis over lever, laverde, weller or even blakley? I dont see the "reported" tigers love for ellis."

Brett Anderson - "It will be ellis mate"

https://twitter.com/BrettAndersonIF/status/537796240042242048

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BF is claiming Albury's Border Mail has a phantom draft with Ellis going to Geelong ........................................ at pick 47  ;D.

Emma Quayle says Nakia Cockatoo is a late arrival invitee up on the Gold Coast. Twomey reckons Geelong got him the invite.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #571 on: November 27, 2014, 03:48:08 PM »
The fact that fans can be outraged in who we pick in the draft on the basis of a 2 minute youtube clip never ceases to amaze me.

the tapes give an indication as to what a player can do, if a players highlight package has no highlights and shows him to be slow and needing lots of space to get kicks away I think its fair to question that players credentials.

of course you do.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #572 on: November 27, 2014, 03:48:19 PM »
We are stuffed. Ignoring better players to pick Ellis reaks of the Conca selection bunch of arrogant tosspots my poo don't stink and I'm going to take pick 22 at 12
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #573 on: November 27, 2014, 03:58:15 PM »
When does the draft start
Most media coverage starts around 6.30pm but I believe the actual draft will start around 7.30pm.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #574 on: November 27, 2014, 03:58:55 PM »
Pelchen's view ...

Richmond
Draft selections: 12, 33, 52, 67, 77, 83.
Needs: Midfielders, tall utilities and outside speed.

This will be an important draft for Richmond as it sits on the cusp of becoming a challenger yet straddles the edge of not playing finals. The Tigers’ hierarchy has some interesting challenges – does it pursue another young defender to support Alex Rance or a forward to complement Jack Riewoldt, even though they possess developing players at both ends of the ground? There-in lies the answer for their capable list manager Blair Hartley and recruiting manager Francis Jackson – they genuinely need midfielders with speed who can win their own ball together with an elite utility who can play at either end of the ground. While Corey Ellis has been linked with their pick No.12, anticipate them considering Jayden Laverde and Liam Duggan too.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-27/pelchens-final-take

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #575 on: November 27, 2014, 04:01:36 PM »
When does the draft start
Most media coverage starts around 6.30pm but I believe the actual draft will start around 7.30pm.

Thank you :thumbsup

tony_montana

« Reply #576 on: November 27, 2014, 05:09:17 PM »
The fact that fans can be outraged in who we pick in the draft on the basis of a 2 minute youtube clip never ceases to amaze me.

the tapes give an indication as to what a player can do, if a players highlight package has no highlights and shows him to be slow and needing lots of space to get kicks away I think its fair to question that players credentials.

of course you do.

You make it sound like its impossible for someone to be a decent judge of talent without being a recruiter and vice versa.

A previous work colleague of mine - his dad was a scout at the blues, I found his take on players questionable to say the least - he is now a scout for the crows and I have no qualms in stating I've met plenty of punters out there who know a shedload more about footy than that bloke who got recommended bc a family member was already in the industry.

Early on when Conca got picked, FJ kept harping on about his footskills... one look at concas ball drop tells you he will never be a consistent kick of the football.

Rampstar

« Reply #577 on: November 27, 2014, 05:13:10 PM »

of course you do.

And you wanted to bring Lumumba to Richmond HAHAHAHAHAHAHA  :lol
Good onya Blaisee your good for a laugh big fella.  :thumbsup

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #578 on: November 27, 2014, 05:24:57 PM »
@corey_weekes - "thoughts on Ellis over lever, laverde, weller or even blakley? I dont see the "reported" tigers love for ellis."

Brett Anderson - "It will be ellis mate"

https://twitter.com/BrettAndersonIF/status/537796240042242048

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BF is claiming Albury's Border Mail has a phantom draft with Ellis going to Geelong ........................................ at pick 47  ;D.

Emma Quayle says Nakia Cockatoo is a late arrival invitee up on the Gold Coast. Twomey reckons Geelong got him the invite.
Duck you brett

tony_montana

« Reply #579 on: November 27, 2014, 06:14:16 PM »
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-11-27/tigers-draft-plans

recruitment office Matt Clarke discusses upcoming draft

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #580 on: November 27, 2014, 06:38:01 PM »
Ch 7 said the expected top 5 is:

1. McCartin (St K)
2. Petracca (Melb)
3. Brayshaw (Melb)
4. Pickett (GWS)
5. De Goey (Coll)

Callum Twomey:

All the late, late mail suggests Nakia Cockatoo is a big chance for the Cats at pick 10, and Caleb Marchbank at pick 6 or 7. 

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #581 on: November 27, 2014, 06:48:47 PM »
Won't be selecting ellis with a stress fracture, Weller is our man, bookmark it  :shh
:shh

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #582 on: November 27, 2014, 07:11:29 PM »
I'm a Ahern fan. The kid looks like ending up a gun. I'll be surprised if he is still around at our pick though.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #583 on: November 28, 2014, 02:02:01 PM »
Won't be selecting ellis with a stress fracture, Weller is our man, bookmark it  :shh
orly

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #584 on: November 28, 2014, 04:16:41 PM »
I disagree with Jangles, I reckon we will pick Ellis
Lots of people name their swords......