Author Topic: NAB Cup 2015: Richmond vs Western Bulldogs - Sat. Feb. 28 @ Whitten Oval  (Read 38269 times)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: NAB Cup 2015
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2015, 11:59:41 AM »
Absolute joke they're playing there. Absolute dump and doesn't meet oh & s, no way.

Actually been there and surface is top notch
is that why the grass is yellow in the pics? Pro is far far better surface
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Young Tigers will get first crack in NAB Challenge (afl site)
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2015, 02:39:28 PM »
according to essendon we will be putting our young players' welfare at risk with this strategy.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2015, 06:15:17 PM »
according to essendon we will be putting our young players' welfare at risk with this strategy.

Yep

Shame on the RFC
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2015, 04:34:44 PM »
According to the Herald Sun paper, the Dogs will be fielding a full-strength team.

The Bulldogs will field a near full strength line-up throughout the NAB Challenge as the coach seeks to nail down the team’s new game style.

“The NAB is important for us because it is a rehearsal,” Beveridge said. “I know other clubs will manage players and look to play young players but we need them all to play together so when we get to Round 1 we feel like we have had some rehearsal playing against someone else.”

Looks like we won't be mucking about too much with our team, the guys who are fit and in our best 25 will be playing.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2015, 05:06:44 PM »
According to the Herald Sun paper, the Dogs will be fielding a full-strength team.

The Bulldogs will field a near full strength line-up throughout the NAB Challenge as the coach seeks to nail down the team’s new game style.

“The NAB is important for us because it is a rehearsal,” Beveridge said. “I know other clubs will manage players and look to play young players but we need them all to play together so when we get to Round 1 we feel like we have had some rehearsal playing against someone else.”

Looks like we won't be mucking about too much with our team, the guys who are fit and in our best 25 will be playing.

Theyre just trying to win the wizard cup
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2015, 06:54:08 PM »
Dunno why Hardwick is making a big deal of revealing so called 'stockpiled' players. Pretty sure we played the 3 players he mentioned (McBean, Lennon, McDonough) last Nab cup
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2015, 03:25:46 PM »
Not sure how many we have in here but anyone outside Australia can watch the NAB Challenge on the AFL Streaming Service for free to try it out, H&A season prices listed on the page:
http://watchafl.afl.com.au/

Australian viewers can access Streaming Services on this link:
https://id.afl.com.au/livepass

Source: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/international-viewers-watch-nab-challenge-free-au-stream-link-also.1088312/

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2015, 01:01:46 AM »
I may or may not (definitely don't, and if I do it isn't illegal ;D) have a way people can watch it for free if interested PM me.*

*not guaranteed to work

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2015, 03:36:37 PM »
I may or may not (definitely don't, and if I do it isn't illegal ;D) have a way people can watch it for free if interested PM me.*

*not guaranteed to work

Post reported.....to the authorities....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2015, 07:23:42 PM »
yeah but if you can get around location blocking you are nearly impossible to trace
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

dwaino

« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2015, 07:31:18 PM »
yeah but if you can get around location blocking you are nearly impossible to trace

Brandis will be on to it right when he works out what metadata is.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2015, 12:06:04 AM »

*not guaranteed to work

Post reported.....to the authorities....

How dare you

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2015, 04:05:41 PM »

Brandis will be on to it right when he works out what metadata is.
That silly prick couldn't work out what normal data was if I streamed it onto his eyeballs with a diagram and instructions ::)
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
NAB Challenge begins this week, get the low down on every team (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2015, 12:56:25 PM »
NAB Challenge begins this week, get the low down on every team and who’s ready to fire

Herald-Sun
February 22, 2015

WE look at every club ahead of the NAB Challenge.

RICHMOND

NEW FACES

A star of the VFL last year, mature-age recruit Kane Lambert has been the standout of the Tigers’ new draftees and will get a big chance to secure a rookie upgrade in the next month. Line-breaking defender Connor Menadue has not missed a beat and second-year classy ball-user Ben Lennon will reveal a bulked-up frame in the NAB series. Powerful key forward Reece McKenzie already has an imposing frame and will be fun to watch for Tigers’ fans in the summer series.

STRATEGY

“We don’t want to denigrate the NAB Challenge, but it’s more about the process and preparing the team and individuals as well as possible for the first block of the season.” GM football Dan Richardson.

NOT YET

Like most sides, the Tigers will likely rest a lot of their big names in the first NAB game against Western Bulldogs. Ivan Maric, Troy Chaplin, Jack Riewoldt, Trent Cotchin and Brett Deledio could all be spared in the first hit-out as the Tigers build towards the Round 1 blockbuster against Carlton and focus on making a stronger start to the season than last year.

WESTERN BULLDOGS

NEW FACES

The club’s big off-season recruit Tom Boyd will be the one to watch, while former Cat Joel Hamling will also be in the frame for the NAB Challenge. Of the club’s draftees, 168cm Caleb Daniel, taken at pick No.46, has impressed on the track and is the most likely to feature in the pre-season matches.

STRATEGY

“Our focus over the NAB Challenge series is to build on a quality pre-season, field a strong team every week, while ensuring we have our best possible team ready for Round 1 against West Coast. It also provides our players with opportunities to continue to adapt to Luke’s game plan,” Dogs general manager of football Graham Lowe said

NOT YET

Father-son recruit Zaine Cordy will miss the start of the regular season after undergoing a shoulder reconstruction last month. Clay Smith is still recovering from an ACL last season and will also miss the early rounds. Forward Stewart Crameri will sit out the first two rounds of the NAB Challenge while the AFL’s Anti-Doping Tribunal deliberates on any possible suspensions of those involved in the Bombers’ 2012 supplements program.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/nab-challenge-begins-this-week-get-the-low-down-on-every-team-and-whos-ready-to-fire/story-fnelctok-1227233810956

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2015, 01:29:48 PM »
Well if Lambert shows half as much as Miles did lets hope we don't wait to upgrade him.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"