Author Topic: NAB Cup 2015: Richmond vs Western Bulldogs - Sat. Feb. 28 @ Whitten Oval  (Read 38251 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: NAB Cup 2015: Richmond vs Western Bulldogs - Sat. Feb. 28 @ Whitten Oval
« Reply #255 on: February 28, 2015, 09:42:58 PM »
Play stopped. A Dog's been cleaned up by his own teammate.

Hahahahaha.

Jeesus Geez they're pathetic.
Our mostly VFL side vs full strength Dogs plus we're playing one player less. It's meaningless preseason game anyway.
Why do our fans always peddle the easy excuse to justify not winning?

Do we want to win or cover arses?
It was a Practice Match FFS! It's for trialling new players, new positions and new strategies, as well as getting runs into the players legs and blow out the cobwebs. There's a reason why the NAB Cup was scrapped - most sides didn't take it seriously anymore. We also play these muppets in round 2 so why show our hand now. Reminds me of people bagging Ange for the Socceroos' ordinary form in friendlies prior to the Asian Cup. Only the real stuff matters.

By the way, at full strength, on their home deck they train on every day yet we've never played on, the Dogs should have flogged our VFL side by 10-15 goals. Most of our kids stood up in their first game together.

Anyway, I bet the Dogs would swap this meaningless win for ZERO points for no knee injury to Libba. We got through unscathed which is all that matters in the end.

exactly MT its all about not getting injuries and new kids getting out for a kick.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #256 on: February 28, 2015, 09:45:31 PM »
2 things I did learn Hampson, enough said.
STOP waiting for vickery my god he is crap and weak

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #257 on: February 28, 2015, 09:47:55 PM »

Hahahahaha.

Our mostly VFL side vs full strength Dogs plus we're playing one player less. It's meaningless preseason game anyway.

It was a Practice Match FFS! It's for trialling new players, new positions and new strategies, as well as getting runs into the players legs and blow out the cobwebs. There's a reason why the NAB Cup was scrapped - most sides didn't take it seriously anymore. We also play these muppets in round 2 so why show our hand now. Reminds me of people bagging Ange for the Socceroos' ordinary form in friendlies prior to the Asian Cup. Only the real stuff matters.

By the way, at full strength, on their home deck they train on every day yet we've never played on, the Dogs should have flogged our VFL side by 10-15 goals. Most of our kids stood up in their first game together.

Anyway, I bet the Dogs would swap this meaningless win for ZERO points for no knee injury to Libba. We got through unscathed which is all that matters in the end.

exactly MT its all about not getting injuries and new kids getting out for a kick.
are we really that good a side that that is all its about for us. i disagree. and if it was the case surely we would field sides that give our kids the best possible chance of getting a kick.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #258 on: February 28, 2015, 09:48:18 PM »
It's all in his head. Has the physical attributes but he's just a stuff wit

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #260 on: February 28, 2015, 10:32:36 PM »
based on that praccie game you would play hamspud in front of vickery. the same vickery who has had his team mates talking up how good hes been in the off season lol.

hes a bloke who would be trying hard to prove himself after the way he finished last season. praccie game or not everything to play for but as usual there was no show from bob.
Hopefully neither of them play. Ty played like he thought he should have been rested and was "too good" to be out there with the kids and battlers.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #261 on: February 28, 2015, 10:49:21 PM »
based on that praccie game you would play hamspud in front of vickery. the same vickery who has had his team mates talking up how good hes been in the off season lol.

hes a bloke who would be trying hard to prove himself after the way he finished last season. praccie game or not everything to play for but as usual there was no show from bob.
Hopefully neither of them play. Ty played like he thought he should have been rested and was "too good" to be out there with the kids and battlers.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #263 on: February 28, 2015, 11:25:39 PM »
I thought Lambert had a very good first up game with 15 disposals. Miles rock solid as usual. Knights also played well and was one of our more consistent performers. Hunt was pretty good. Hampson showed more than Vickery but he is still a spud. That tap straight to Stringer in front of goal was cringe worthy. :banghead Lucky he missed. Watched Menadue closely. Had a couple of good disposals and a couple of bad ones. He chased hard and pressured well from a defensive point of view but the game was so choked up that it didn't really suit his natural running game offensively. Given time he will really come into his on on bigger grounds like the G and Subi. Thought Short was also pretty good. Other newbies that showed promise, Butler, Castagna and Drummond.

The biggest disappointment for me was McBean. He just couldn't find his way into the game and for a tall forward to not kick a goal was quite disappointing.
LMAO at Griggs Grenades into the wind! Only has one club in his bag of tricks, A pitching wedge!!  :banghead

Gigantor

« Reply #264 on: March 01, 2015, 12:43:48 AM »
Have learnt over the years that the result of practice games means Jack...I am actually happy that we lost.Dont want our boys going into the season with inflated heads

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #265 on: March 01, 2015, 12:57:40 AM »

The biggest disappointment for me was McBean. He just couldn't find his way into the game and for a tall forward to not kick a goal was quite disappointing.

Only 27 Inside 50's didn't help his cause....was ordinary in the contests but at least he had a basic idea of where to run and where to be......unlike a few others.

BOG for me was Vlastuin closely followed by Arnot & Miles. Elton was good - would be a real boost if he could  become a presence in defence - though let's not get too carried away about him just getting the better of a second year player in a practice match. Mcdonough, Vickery, Gordon & Grigg (suprise )were all shyte.
Good to see Hamspud has now added giving away dumb frees to his repetoire of uselessness. Such a cruel twist that he's also our only genuine tap ruckman (10 out of 10 Stringers agree.) Lloyd was alright. Vickery looked like he's still sooking over not getting his place back from Griffiths for the finals and wants out. Hunt was disappointing IMO. Knights showed his talent but not much impact. Pettard & Morris should've swapped roles, but hey supercoach knows best.
Best of the new brigade was Butler...Lambert looks smart but seemed to fade away....loved McKenzie's kick to McBean late in the match - for a young kid his size to be able to do that whilst fatigued is impressive.... all others showed glimpses except Drummond who was crap,  but no-one really made you sit up and say "we could have a real a real player here" - usually there's at least one especially when you draft so many kids, so hopefully someone will put in a real eye-catcher in the next two games.

There were a few other things that concerned me but it's still early days and I really can't be arsed going into it and raising the ire of all the happy clappers & eternal 12 year-olds who'd still wear their old duffle coats if they could so - Go Tiges yay!!!!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 01:53:09 AM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #266 on: March 01, 2015, 01:43:53 AM »

na old softie played like he always does. no mental toughness and freakin lazy. if he cant get a kick in nab he wont get a kick anywhere.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #267 on: March 01, 2015, 01:49:09 AM »

Only 27 Inside 50's didn't help his cause....was ordinary in the contests but at least he had a basic idea of where to run and where to be......unlike a few others.

ffs after how many yr you would hope thats the case. i keep on saying it pea hearts never ever really make it. the trouble is this bloke plays like a millionare he actually thinks he belongs. fact is hes ordinary and hes been ordinary for what hes in yr 7. geez we go crook about hamspud give me the carlton hack any day.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #268 on: March 01, 2015, 01:59:06 AM »

ffs after how many yr you would hope thats the case. i keep on saying it pea hearts never ever really make it. the trouble is this bloke plays like a millionare he actually thinks he belongs. fact is hes ordinary and hes been ordinary for what hes in yr 7. geez we go crook about hamspud give me the carlton hack any day.

Read the post again santa - talking about McBean, not Vickery.

..and Hamspud's a pea heart as well.....half the reason he makes so many basic skill errors is because he shytes himself.....I'd rather bring back Graham...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #269 on: March 01, 2015, 02:13:25 AM »

Hahahahaha.

Yeh.......when you don't win, I agree.
Caracella and Balmey.