Author Topic: Richmond has offered Reece Conca up to West Coast ...... (Australian)  (Read 8421 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond has offered Reece Conca up to West Coast ...... (Australian)
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2014, 01:37:16 AM »
Would like Reece to make me look silly.

I've never rated him. Have never seen this toughness that so many people rave about. To me he's just an average footballer, the likes of which should still be available in the second and third rounds. Was a pick wasted, even in a compromised draft.

Fingers crossed he proves me wrong. But I doubt it.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2014, 01:41:33 AM »
From BF:

Guys I was with Reece for a few hours today and told him that his name popped up on a few Tiger forums and that there were rumours he had been shopped around possibly to the WCE.
He was PHSL and I had to pick him up from the floor as he lost his balance in the process
Once he regained himself he stated, "mate tell the guys I'm not going anywhere and the club has no intentions of moving me on .i'll be there on all cylinders for a while"

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/conca-to-west-coast.1079907/page-11#post-35713693

What is the acronym PHSL?
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2014, 05:38:33 AM »
Shuey in a Tiger jumper at the expense of Conca would be the 3rd fappening  :shh
Won't happen, the whingers say that we are not trying to improve our list.

Why don't you offer an opinion about the club yourself instead of just making cracks and whinging about other people's opinions? We already have Chucky for that schtick.
I don't need to share my opinion because I am not the one criticising the club, however, maybe I like the sit and wait approach anyway.
I just get worn down by constant negative comments about the club. That doesn't mean I am happy or am an apologist.
Too many people have said  have said we, as a club are happy with our list. We don't know that. How do we know what went on in there? We don't.
Another thing, we sit here and type like experts, thinking we know more than the recruiting staff. Fact is, we don't. We are just mug punters who know nothing personally of the players and what makes them tick. If we did, we would be doing their job.
Imagine having some amateur upstart walk into your work and criticise your job because they seen it done on t.v. a few times.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2014, 06:14:41 AM »
Not sure how much he knows, but Trout yesterday wrote he is still hearing murmurings of Conca and 12 for Selwood and eagles 2nd pick
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2014, 06:21:01 AM »
Not sure how much he knows, but Trout yesterday wrote he is still hearing murmurings of Conca and 12 for Selwood and eagles 2nd pick

Is that the Selwood that had a complete ankle reconstruction this year?

Do we want him?  :nope

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2014, 06:21:52 AM »
Dud

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2014, 08:40:25 AM »
Oi you cheeky prick lol thats my picture
Man that freaked me out I thought I had been hacked for a sec lol :lol
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2014, 12:30:08 PM »
SEN just said there was word earlier in the trade period that West Coast chased Conca but it went nowhere.

the claw

« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2014, 12:01:22 AM »

I've never rated him. Have never seen this toughness that so many people rave about. To me he's just an average footballer, the likes of which should still be available in the second and third rounds. Was a pick wasted, even in a compromised draft.

x 2 to a tee. but just wait until he finally has a 30 plus possesion game and snags a few goals has a blinder. you can see it now all and sundry hanging their hats off it for another 12 months.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2014, 12:06:17 AM »

x 2 to a tee. but just wait until he finally has a 30 plus possesion game and snags a few goals has a blinder. you can see it now all and sundry hanging their hats off it for another 12 months.

There's already enough people still hanging their hats on his blind turn/dummy against Geelong as it is....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

the claw

« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2014, 12:29:45 AM »
Shuey in a Tiger jumper at the expense of Conca would be the 3rd fappening  :shh
Won't happen, the whingers say that we are not trying to improve our list.

Why don't you offer an opinion about the club yourself instead of just making cracks and whinging about other people's opinions? We already have Chucky for that schtick.
I don't need to share my opinion because I am not the one criticising the club, however, maybe I like the sit and wait approach anyway.
I just get worn down by constant negative comments about the club. That doesn't mean I am happy or am an apologist.
Too many people have said  have said we, as a club are happy with our list. We don't know that. How do we know what went on in there? We don't.
Another thing, we sit here and type like experts, thinking we know more than the recruiting staff. Fact is, we don't. We are just mug punters who know nothing personally of the players and what makes them tick. If we did, we would be doing their job.
Imagine having some amateur upstart walk into your work and criticise your job because they seen it done on t.v. a few times.
the trouble with that is ive seen many upstart amateurs do better than those we pay good money to get recruiting right.
they get criticised because their RECORDS ARE SO SHIZEN.  A kid off the street could do just as well.
maybe some of those amateurs should be interviewed eh.

oh and we can determine how hard and serious we were about f/a and the trade period. nearly everyone was resigned before the trade period began. the options were very few.
you dont need to be in the inner sanctum to know you just need to use a bit of common sense and a few basic deductions.

mate you may say your not happy and not an apologist  but id label you  a typical fence sitter.

as for the players theres only one real question  that has to be asked.and that is can they play consistently well at the level.  i  sure as hell dont need the club to tell me that.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2014, 12:36:18 AM »
and.........................................................................................I still don't like him.
Caracella and Balmey.

the claw

« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2014, 01:07:13 AM »

Is that the Selwood that had a complete ankle reconstruction this year?

Do we want him?  :nope
good player. typical eastern staters with no idea. keep the duds ignore the good players. selwood is so far in front of conca it aint funny. even in a yr on one leg hes outperformed him easily.
but hey its the same group who think matt priddis is a dud.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2014, 01:23:26 AM »

but hey its the same group who think matt priddis is a dud.

Won myself a bit of money with that one  ;)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2014, 07:09:54 AM »
 :sleep
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"