Author Topic: Connor Menadue [merged]  (Read 103087 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Connor Menadue [merged]
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2015, 09:51:00 PM »
Of the kids , butler  did a few good things, as did costagna , short showed glimpses, Macca a couple of things late from limited game time. Elton and Lennon where the pick, both not far away
Mcbean.  McDonough and Gordon fairly disappointing , expected a fair bit more from them
Hunt and lambert were solid , some more develop,met and they will be very handy  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #136 on: March 01, 2015, 02:17:56 PM »
Connor did nothing at all. Training was his best highlight.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: March 01, 2015, 02:58:24 PM »
was hoping he would be ready for a game early, that clearly is not the case. most likely will spend all of the season in the vfl.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #138 on: March 01, 2015, 05:20:16 PM »
I think Menadue showed what a lot of people already knew and that is training form is one thing. Replicating it on the playing field against opposition when the pressure is really applied is something else all together

Will admit after all the hype about how he was going on the track I was underwhelmed by his performance

he was way off the pace and not up with the tempo of the game. did a couple of nice things but was too easily out muscled in contests which was no great surprise when you see how lean he is
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #139 on: March 01, 2015, 05:33:11 PM »
Gordon did what he was told BJ which was to stay up in the forward line while the rest followed the ball back up into defense where it spent a poo load of the game.  Madonna has better stats than say Flossie for the game...10 disposals, 4 tackles, 3 marks.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #140 on: March 01, 2015, 05:50:03 PM »
Gordon was horrible Hooter....his reading of the play for most of the game was utterly clueless...

Barring mass injuries, be very surprised if Menadue plays this year....of the new kids  Butler & Lambert were the only ones who looked close IMO...and I reckon Lambert is behind Thomarse (In Hardwick's opinion) & Arnot(In my opinion) for the last position on the senior list...so, taking the Ellis injury into account and unless Lambert gets the post round 11 upgrade- we may actually only see Butler in the seniors this year....which I definitely wouldn't have tipped a couple of months ago...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #141 on: March 01, 2015, 06:43:39 PM »
was just saying he didn't see much action sitting up in the forward line watching it up in our defensive 50, beat his man when Knights sent it his way and slotted a soda.  Ill have to watch again to see how bad he stank it up other than that, don't recall any other highlights or anything.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: March 01, 2015, 06:50:29 PM »
Trade whilst he has value.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: March 01, 2015, 08:46:01 PM »
gordon is a spud in the words of jd hes where the ball aint. hes no kid either hes 25 yrs old and at no time has shown an ability to get his hands on the ball.sydney had him for what 2 or 3 yrs and now hes in his second season for us. why we didnt use a rookie pick on him is beyond me but hey thats fj for you.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #144 on: March 01, 2015, 10:31:24 PM »
what do you all expect? Its called a learning curve, or do you all expect our draftees to finish in the top 5 in the brownlow?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #145 on: March 02, 2015, 06:54:21 AM »
what do you all expect? Its called a learning curve, or do you all expect our draftees to finish in the top 5 in the brownlow?

Unfortunately some people believe all the pre season hype and are expecting domination from day one.

The funniest thing is good old Clawski using a practice match for our ressies side against The dogs full side to peddle his tripe and dribble, you would think he would wait until we actually lost a real game

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: March 02, 2015, 07:28:06 AM »

Unfortunately some people believe all the pre season hype and are expecting domination from day one.

The funniest thing is good old Clawski using a practice match for our ressies side against The dogs full side to peddle his tripe and dribble, you would think he would wait until we actually lost a real game
I actually expected more from clawski. Criticizing a side that had ? eight debutants against a full strength team on their home deck, even if they had as much youth, in a meaningless game.....
A better picture will be round 2 against them. The real deal.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

No More

« Reply #147 on: March 02, 2015, 08:43:17 AM »
conner will be alright in time. he will play well on the bigger decks like the MCG.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #148 on: March 02, 2015, 09:08:50 AM »

Um.... No, no Brownlow, did I say that!!!!

I would expect a 25 year old that's been in the Swans system for 2-3 years to at least show something. Maybe just get the ball a few times...is that too much to ask?
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #149 on: March 02, 2015, 09:14:25 AM »
He was sitting up in our forward line as the only forward while the ball was sitting in their forward line for most of the stuffing game what did you think he was gonna rack up a poo load of possies with that scenario?