Author Topic: Rate our recruiting over the whole 2014 trade/draft period?  (Read 7090 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rate our recruiting over the whole 2014 trade/draft period?
« on: December 04, 2014, 04:30:50 PM »
Okay we've had 24 hours to take all our recruiting in. How did we rate our recruiting over the whole trade/draft period?

Age     Height Weight   Recruited From        Position

DFA. Taylor Hunt               24       184     78    Geelong                     Midfielder
ND12. Corey Ellis               18       185     76    Western Jets              Midfielder
ND33. Connor Menadue      18       188     69    Western Jets              Midfielder
ND52. Nathan Drummond   19       181     85    Murray Bushrangers    Midfielder
ND67. Daniel Butler            18       181     79    North Ballarat Rebels   Small Forward
ND77. Reece McKenzie        18       196   100    Northern Knights        Tall Forward
RD11. Jayden Short           18       179     71    Northern Knights        Small Forward
RD29. Jason Castagna       18       182     76    Northern Knights        Small Defender
RD46. Kane Lambert          23       178     78    Williamstown              Midfielder
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 01:45:01 AM by one-eyed »

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Rate our recruiting over the whole trade/draft period?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 04:36:31 PM »
Either it's the first uncompromised draft for some time, or the start of a new 5 year plan.  No recycled hacks for a change seems like a new beginning, almost.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 04:40:35 PM »
good we still got arnot

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 04:45:14 PM »
I rate it "preparation for next year's trade period." ...or at least I hope that's what it was.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 12:02:20 AM by Diocletian »
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

tony_montana

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 05:08:38 PM »
So good to finally see them to bring in 6-7 young kids in one hit. That always generates a bit more excitement and energy. Its a numbers game, the more you draft the more chances of unearthing a gem or two. pretty hard to unearth gems when you're taking just 1 kid in a draft.

Would love to see Hunt, Ellis, Drummond and Lambert force their way into our best 22. Add Lennon to that and all of a sudden you have a pretty rapid improvement. Might sound a bit optimistic but Hunt and lambert are already physically mature and I would fully expect them to be thereabouts... and Ellis & Drummond don't look far off either.

Hopefully Menadue can surprise too but would be happy with 5-6 games from him.

Offline Tigger

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 05:16:04 PM »
I agree TM, Hunt Sheep (if that is his nickname) and Drummond are ready to go and have "youth" on their side.  It is likely that Ellis will press for a few games next year too, say 5-8 similarly to Lennon this year.

Natural improvement in Lennon and all the Macs on the list and you can see our team getting better.

We do not have a lot of "older" players on our list, Newman aside.

We may get a bit of luck from the injury gods too, and get Knights back out on the park who is a quality player when fit.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 05:18:20 PM »
So good to finally see them to bring in 6-7 young kids in one hit. That always generates a bit more excitement and energy. Its a numbers game, the more you draft the more chances of unearthing a gem or two. pretty hard to unearth gems when you're taking just 1 kid in a draft.

Would love to see Hunt, Ellis, Drummond and Lambert force their way into our best 22. Add Lennon to that and all of a sudden you have a pretty rapid improvement. Might sound a bit optimistic but Hunt and lambert are already physically mature and I would fully expect them to be thereabouts... and Ellis & Drummond don't look far off either.

mcbean guy too

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 05:20:08 PM »
Still would have liked to see the Tigers go after an experienced midfielder such as Levi Greenwood.

Hopefully Hunt can contribute, and maybe Kane Lambert is physically developed enough to play AFL standard.

Otherwise it's a bunch of kids with weight in the 70's who will take a few years to develop. Glad we got some kids, but I don't think any of these guys will have a massive impact next year.

Unless we see some current players really lift their games to a new level we'll be looking at trying to scrape into the 8 again.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 05:22:54 PM »
greenwood and robinson are hardly mouth watering

hunt might not be ablett but he should be around that level at least

if they get patton and the greyhound from gws it was worth the wait and the list will be looking healthy

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2014, 05:40:51 PM »
Who is the greyhound?

Blokes I want are Shiel and WHE. Wouldn't say no to Treloar or Cameron either.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 06:00:12 PM »
WHE

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 06:20:31 PM »

:thumbsup

Early picks are all mids too. I like it.
Still I voted ' wait and see ' coz that's really the only way you can vote isn't it ? Nice to see Claw has voted lol.

He weighs about 3 kilos so I can't see him playing at all in 2015.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 06:24:47 PM »
WHE

Tend to agree about WHE. It's hard to rate them in order though ? Cameron could be anything , Treleor is a serious ball magnet , Hoskin- Elliot has the x factor and plays a bit like Fyfe. Shiel doesn't excite me as much as those three but he still looks a player.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

dwaino

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2014, 08:17:02 PM »

I agree. Adds a bit of trade currency too. If one becomes a gun and 2 or so become decent foot soldiers at least you can trade one of the average for a handy average but useful player of need or improve draft position.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2014, 09:19:17 PM »
Excellentttttttt, aced it ,,,,,,again  :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled