Author Topic: NAB Cup - Richmond vs Port Adel, Sat 14th March, 4.40pm, Lavington Sports Ground  (Read 13208 times)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
yeah agree with chuck, both disappointing. I still hoped concs would come good, but watching him today just had the distinct impression I was watching a battler at best. Got caught a few times, some typical crap kicks. Ty was Ty, lumbering behind his opponent a fair few times, easily pushed off the ball in the contest, dropped marks, just a typical dud performance.

You can't just focus on a few bad kicks and getting caught a few times...Conca wins his own ball and given he plays on ball, he will get caught from time to time (like every other player in the comp) but for mine, he provides us grunt, pressure around the ball, lays great tackles, distributes well to outside players with hands, runs both ways very well and hits more targets then given credit for. Like Edwards (Rance) before him, he cops more than he should from some fans but if you focus on what he does, you will realise he is a very good AFL player  :thumbsup

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Conca's second half wasnt too bad, after a disspointing first.

Can I just confirm something about these practice games?

If we field an undermanned side and narrowly loose to a full strength side then it is a crap performance, but if we field a stronger side against and undermanned side and flog them, it is a nothing performance?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Conca's second half wasnt too bad, after a disspointing first.

Can I just confirm something about these practice games?

If we field an undermanned side and narrowly loose to a full strength side then it is a crap performance, but if we field a stronger side against and undermanned side and flog them, it is a nothing performance?

Confirmed  :thumbsup
I'd add that it's more than crap if we lose with a reserves side - sky falls in on us as well
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
Its a cliche but you can only play what's put in front of you and whilst at times PA players assumed the role of witches hats I still thought we looked pretty sharp with our ball movement.  Of course match day pressure is where you tell the men from the boys but at least things look positive for this stage of the season.

tony_montana

yeah agree with chuck, both disappointing. I still hoped concs would come good, but watching him today just had the distinct impression I was watching a battler at best. Got caught a few times, some typical crap kicks. Ty was Ty, lumbering behind his opponent a fair few times, easily pushed off the ball in the contest, dropped marks, just a typical dud performance.

You can't just focus on a few bad kicks and getting caught a few times...Conca wins his own ball and given he plays on ball, he will get caught from time to time (like every other player in the comp) but for mine, he provides us grunt, pressure around the ball, lays great tackles, distributes well to outside players with hands, runs both ways very well and hits more targets then given credit for. Like Edwards (Rance) before him, he cops more than he should from some fans but if you focus on what he does, you will realise he is a very good AFL player  :thumbsup

Im not just focusing on a few bad kicks and errors... I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt due to interrupted preseasons etc, but I reckon I may have been wrong about this guy, don't reckon he'll be anything special.

Jackstar is back!!!

Went yesterday and also watched replay back at commercial club ( am a tragic)
Think we are in for a big year
Ball move movement and game style was excellent
And we have 2 very good players we have on hand in 2015
Hunt and McIntosh
A lot to like about yesterday
Kicking was excellent

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Lmao.

Every year youse get sucked into the rubbish vortex.

U can't make strawberry jam out of rocking horse poo.
Caracella and Balmey.

Gigantor

Jack Port bought more or less their seconds ,even Richmond central would have looked Ok against them.
Jack what did you notice that was different to last year,if anything ,even taking into account the second half of last year?.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Conca, Vickery. Can anyone report how those 2 went?

Both disappointing for mine

Ty didnt use his body well enough and didn't  provide enough contest

Conca did some good things but also a few bad things ie caught with the ball and bad disposal

They're about %50 of the reason we won't be improving this year.

It's impossible to carry and depend on two duds like this , as well as be competitive with anothe 17 teams, some of whom have recruited wiser and therefore improved their lists.

I mean, it's simple logic.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
It's like peeing In the wind and hoping it waters the entire garden. Lol
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
This time last year we looked impressive . After looking not interested against Melbourne , we flogged Collingwood and Essendon .

Can't read anything into the Nab Challenge .

I want to see a complete demolition of the Blues in rd 1 ( not one of these "falling over the line" hollow victories) .
Unleash the tornado

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
The Nab cup is really like dancing with Margot Robbie .....but only if Margot Robbie was your sister.

I still would.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Hellenic Tiger

Its NAB 2. Nice performance against an understrength side that embarrassed us last time we met.
Move on and lets continue fine tuning for round 1.

Let's see if we can beat the Skataboners next week. Waite, Harvey, Petrie and the rest, blokes who always find that little bit extra against us.

Due to their inferiority complex to most things from Tigerland lets see if we can stifle these wannabes.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Unacceptable fumble by lids in the square, second quarter.......
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Did they kick with the wind?

Don't know don't care. I'm an average simple Richmond supporter. I see a 10 goal win and I just know we are a top 4 lock.

Don't pay much attention to fine grain stats

Reckon you'd be balls deep in to us had we lost

I reckon you're right. I also reckon anyone who thinks its ok to lose to that Port side is probably delusional.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018