Author Topic: NAB Cup - Richmond vs Port Adel, Sat 14th March, 4.40pm, Lavington Sports Ground  (Read 13260 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Conca's second half wasnt too bad, after a disspointing first.

Can I just confirm something about these practice games?

If we field an undermanned side and narrowly loose to a full strength side then it is a crap performance, but if we field a stronger side against and undermanned side and flog them, it is a nothing performance?
That's hiw I saw it too, sec half was solid , doesn't matter who we were playing   The style of footy was premiership football , fast and slick ball movement , was bloody unstoppable
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
This time last year we looked impressive . After looking not interested against Melbourne , we flogged Collingwood and Essendon .

Can't read anything into the Nab Challenge .

I want to see a complete demolition of the Blues in rd 1 ( not one of these "falling over the line" hollow victories) .

Agree. Just happy didn't get any injuries.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
yeah agree with chuck, both disappointing. I still hoped concs would come good, but watching him today just had the distinct impression I was watching a battler at best. Got caught a few times, some typical crap kicks. Ty was Ty, lumbering behind his opponent a fair few times, easily pushed off the ball in the contest, dropped marks, just a typical dud performance.

My sentiments about these players too. Was eager to see if Conca would perform after his first (almost) full pre season and it didn't take long to make me think he is at best going to be an average soldier

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
yeah agree with chuck, both disappointing. I still hoped concs would come good, but watching him today just had the distinct impression I was watching a battler at best. Got caught a few times, some typical crap kicks. Ty was Ty, lumbering behind his opponent a fair few times, easily pushed off the ball in the contest, dropped marks, just a typical dud performance.

My sentiments about these players too. Was eager to see if Conca would perform after his first (almost) full pre season and it didn't take long to make me think he is at best going to be an average soldier

FMD.
The bloke is poo.

Trust your gut (no pun intended)

And here we are still, discussing not only poo choices in the draft but the mentality of the club to offer him 3 years at good coin.

He was supposed to be outback up plan if Martin signed elsewhere.
stuffn idiots in charge down there.
Geez stuffn Geez. 
Caracella and Balmey.

Gigantor

Both boys appear to have issues with applying themselves to the task at hand during the game.The fact that both got rubbed out last year for absolutely silly acts might tell the tale

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Conca, Vickery. Can anyone report how those 2 went?

Both disappointing for mine

Ty didnt use his body well enough and didn't  provide enough contest

Conca did some good things but also a few bad things ie caught with the ball and bad disposal

They're about %50 of the reason we won't be improving this year.

It's impossible to carry and depend on two duds like this , as well as be competitive with anothe 17 teams, some of whom have recruited wiser and therefore improved their lists.

I mean, it's simple logic.

we will at least beat the blues rd 1, i am very confident of that. I think we have a year like 2013 and fall short once again.

Take Jack out of the forward line and we really have no one. Lose him to injury and we are truly stuffed.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Not only do the fail to recognise talent at the draft table but they're unable to recognise a dud once he's been signed.

Good point Gigantuary
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Great day up at Albury.

I know the opposition was weak but you can only beat who you face on the park.

Agree with Jack, really enjoyed the style of play. The transitioning of play from one side of the ground to other was actually about quick movement rather than the stopping, propping chipping nonsense.

Helluva a lot of hard work defensively up forward which made a very pleasant change.

I suppose that one of advantageous of having weaker opposition you can really work on the skills needed to nail the game style. Reckon thats what we did yesterday

The other pleasing thing and this will sound strange but facts are we should have won by 10 goals and what was pleasing is we actually did it. Rather doing what we normally do and that struggle to beat average opposition

Big road trip ... But well worth it
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Didn't stay over in Tallangatta,WP?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Didn't stay over in Tallangatta,WP?

Nope left Melb around 7.30am. First stop was Wahgunyah to see family for lunch then onto Albury to see my 91yo Uncle. Footy next, then hit the road for home
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
SUPERCOACH SCORES

Dustin Martin 149

Shane Edwards 128

Bachar Houli 115

Brandon Ellis 111

Jack Riewoldt 104

Taylor Hunt 103

Matthew Broadbent 97

Ty Vickery 92

Ivan Maric 87

Shaun Grigg 87

Aaron Young 86

Nick Vlastuin 85

Reece Conca 84

Jared Polec 84

Paul Stewart 84

Brett Deledio 82

Kane Mitchell 82

Troy Chaplin 80

Sam Lloyd 78

Nathan Krakouer 78

Ben Lennon 77

Kamdyn McIntosh 71

Tom Clurey 71

Karl Amon 70

Jack Hombsch 69

Cam O’Shea 67

Alex Rance 66

Dylan Grimes 65

Tom Logan 63

Jake Neade 62

Brendon Ah Chee 62

Jake Batchelor 52

Anthony Miles 51

Jarrad Redden 50

Kane Lambert 50

Jasper Pittard 49

Nathan Gordon 47

Matt White 44

Ricky Petterd 42

Andrew Moore 36

Johann Wagner 34

Darcy Byrne-Jones 30

Dougal Howard 29

Sam Gray 29

Steven Morris 22

Mitch Harvey 21

John Butcher 21

Jesse Palmer 20

Sam Russell 14

Todd Elton 12

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/supercoach-scores-richmond-tigers-v-port-adelaide-power/story-fndv8t7m-1227262676023

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
All clear from the Match Review Panel.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers v Power a waste of time: Tim Watson (SEN)
« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2015, 05:28:27 PM »
Watson: Tigers v Power a waste of time
Joshua Papanikolaou
SEN
16 Mar 2015

The NAB Challenge game between Richmond and Port Adelaide on the weekend was a complete waste of time, says Tim Watson.

A severely understrength Power side were well beaten by the Tigers in Albury on Saturday by 66 points after only scoring two points in the first three quarters.

“They gave us nothing on the weekend Port Adelaide, it was a waste of time,” said Watson on SEN radio.

“There were 14 of their best players that didn’t play and we got nothing in return.”

A long list of key absentees for the Power included Travis Boak, Robbie Gray, Justin Westhoff, Brad Ebert, Ollie Wines and Matthew Lobbe.

If not for a five-goal last quarter the match would have been an embarrassing situation for the AFL who are yet to find the best format for pre-season play.

http://www.sen.com.au/news/watson-tigers-v-power-a-waste-of-time

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
What do they mean by that last paragraph, the goals were something like 6/4/4/5 for the game

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Tim has a shocking memory.  Back before the NAB Cup when we played ................

wait for it........................

practice matches, this was the norm.

So giving it a name has changed what clubs do in their pre-season warmups Tim?

Stroker!!!!!!