Author Topic: Richmond vs West Coast @ MCG - Round 12, 2015 [merged]  (Read 15554 times)

Offline TigerRocket

• Future Richmond star
  • Tigers 4 Ever
Re: Richmond vs West Coast @ MCG - Round 12, 2015 [merged]
« Reply #240 on: June 19, 2015, 11:36:44 PM »
I think Dimma and the group were out coached tonight, 23 intercept marks in the forward line, simply goes to prove we allowed their extra man to run free. McGovern 8 marks all intercepts!!!!
When we did get some run forward Eagles clogged our forward line, we need the coach to restructure to address this. Obviously Dimma was forced to have an extra around the ball with Nic Nats dominance, so we are a forward short.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #241 on: June 19, 2015, 11:42:41 PM »
I think Dimma and the group were out coached tonight, 23 intercept marks in the forward line, simply goes to prove we allowed their extra man to run free. McGovern 8 marks all intercepts!!!!
When we did get some run forward Eagles clogged our forward line, we need the coach to restructure to address this. Obviously Dimma was forced to have an extra around the ball with Nic Nats dominance, so we are a forward short.
I think you'll find most of these were gifts from Hunt & I wouldn't call them intercepts when you get the ball kicked to you.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #242 on: June 19, 2015, 11:51:44 PM »
IWhen we did get some run forward Eagles clogged our forward line,

Yet again I've gone to a game to come away feeling frustrated and stymied by a side that's content to build the great wall of China in our forward line for the entire game, and turn the spectacle into an ugly, congested mess. Of course the AFL could fix this ugly, DISGUSTING blight on the game, by putting a meaningful cap on the amount of rotations per game. Hell, they even promised us last year that they'd do so, and give us back the game we used to love, instead of this rugby CRAP. Never mind bringing down the price of chips, and letting the kiddies have a kick to kick on the ground at the final siren. If you want to lure back the disgruntled fans that are leaving the game in droves FIX THIS BLOODY RUGBY ABOMINATION that you've let selfish, short-sighted coaches plunge the game into.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #243 on: June 19, 2015, 11:59:15 PM »
very hard game they played well but the umpiring was very bad.

Question; when there is a ball up & Maric & their player is grappling for the ruck. Nic Naitanui is payed a free kick for being blocked out of the ruck. So how is there a decision against us if Nic Naitanui is going to contest against Maric.  then who is the other guy grappling & blocking Maric. Why do they get the free when their player started the block on the ruck contest.

If UMPIRE #27 was not a corrupt umpire then l know nothing about football. He was over ruled by a umpire 50 metres away he was that bad. He tryed his hardest to not give free kicks he was all Eagles.

Other than that the Eagles  were just too strong & C Ellis going out early hurt us. Maric, Rance, Hunt gave them the game

:gotigers

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #244 on: June 20, 2015, 12:07:59 AM »
Frees Kicks: Rich-25   WC-13

I think a couple of ours were just as bad.
Facts are West Coast wanted to win and besides a couple of players, most were still on holiday whilst reading there own press.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 12:19:30 AM by one-eyed »
The club that keeps giving.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #245 on: June 20, 2015, 12:30:40 AM »
Just a waste of an opportunity. 
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #246 on: June 20, 2015, 01:17:23 AM »
The more things change....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #247 on: June 20, 2015, 01:28:01 AM »
The more they become different

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #248 on: June 20, 2015, 01:39:24 AM »
...should change the coach then....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #250 on: June 20, 2015, 06:09:29 AM »
Letting hurn free all night killed us. Bad performance by all including in the coaches box.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #251 on: June 20, 2015, 11:45:28 AM »
...should change the coach then....

:snidegrin

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #252 on: June 20, 2015, 03:10:58 PM »

..but we didnt have an extra around the ball too often.  There were more eagles players on screen at most contests for the night.

even the idiots calling the game could see it.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 01:04:52 PM by one-eyed »
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #253 on: June 22, 2015, 01:06:02 PM »
Robbo's take on the loss:

7. Tigers:
Another big game and the Tigers blew it again. Started poorly by turning the ball over, recovered, and then lost the momentum again. It was one of those games the Tigers had to win. Batchelor took a step backwards, Griffiths was so-so, Edwards couldn’t influence, neither could Grigg, Maric was well beaten and Vlastuin didn’t have the same impact as he did against Fremantle. It’s not so much as back to the drawing board, but a reminder that 20 minutes of poor footy will kill you.

http://www.news.com.au/national/patrick-cripps-and-angus-brayshaw-the-demons-and-bulldogs-and-the-sling-tackle-among-robbos-round-12-likes-and-dislikes/story-e6frfkp9-1227409057792

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #254 on: June 23, 2015, 02:26:59 AM »
Cotch in the clear from the MRP:

Contact between Richmond’s Trent Cotchin and West Coast’s Scott Selwood from the fourth quarter of Friday’s match was assessed. The players were preparing for a throw-up when Cotchin made contact to Selwood with an open hand to the chest. A free kick was paid at the time to Selwood for the contact. It was the view of the panel the incident was dealt with at the time by the umpire and no further action was required.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-22/mrp-full-statement-round-12