Author Topic: Chris Yarran [merged]  (Read 571227 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Chris Yarran [merged]
« on: June 09, 2015, 10:51:03 PM »
JAY CLARK
Herald Sun
June 10, 2015

Collingwood and Richmond are eyeing the exchange period ready to add some extra midfield-forward class that would add the lick of cream to their cakes.

Which club is the most advanced, or appealing destination? One veteran list expert said Collingwood, as it had “smartly traded out” players in recent years, building a strong base of young talent.

This year, Collingwood is into Greater Western Sydney prime mover Adam Treloar on a deal reportedly worth up to $750,000 a year, and up-and-down Lion James Aish.

The Tigers would love Giant Dylan Shiel or one of Gold Coast pair Brandon Matera and Dion Prestia.

Swan Daniel Hannebery, who is a top-three Brownlow contender and a free agent next year, could also be sought, along with tough nut Luke Parker. Sydney’s salary cap is “Buddy” tight.

The next three weeks, when the clubs have their byes, is when the contract talks usually heat up.

Richmond list guru Blair Hartley said last November the Tigers would “hopefully have the space to attack the (player) market in the next two or three years”.

He said the club had been “managing the cap to make sure you are in a position to be involved when you need to be, like everybody else”.

Surely, they would ask the question of Dangerfield, too.

Dangerfield’s manager, Paul Connors, said the Crows’ superstar was honouring his commitment to Adelaide.

“It’s not like contract talks are off,” Connors said on Triple M.

“He is playing like a committed person for the Adelaide footy club ... and he will make up his own mind in the second half of the year.”

But in this year’s free agency period, the Cats have a $1.3 million bombshell move in store to wrench their premiership window back open.

If Adelaide superstar Patrick Dangerfield (estimated $800,000) and Carlton’s Lachie Henderson ($500,000) setup camp down the Geelong coast, as many industry insiders increasingly expect, the Cats will pull off a free agency heist that might be bigger than the “Buddy” Franklin deal.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/geelong-targets-patrick-dangerfield-and-lachie-henderson-with-bombshell-13m-lure/story-fnp04d70-1227390329237
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:02:59 PM by one-eyed »

dwaino

Re: Yarran requests trade to Richmond [update]
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 10:55:23 PM »
Hannebery

No More

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 11:45:58 PM »
All would be good for us.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 11:53:00 PM »
I'll believe it when I see it
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 01:40:39 AM »
Reckon Morris, Hampson, Dea, Newman, Grigg, Thomas, Pettard,  Foley and an exchange of 4th round picks should be enough to get them all across....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 02:34:10 AM »
Hannebery as FA, but the rest need to be traded for and won't come cheap!

Good to hear we're apparently targeting guns. No point paying Danger $1million+/year if you could snag one of these guys cheaper.

I suppose if Rance quits we'll have cash up our sleeves...

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 02:51:32 AM »
If Rance quits we should be into Carlisle and McKenzie....hell, we should be into Carlisle even if Rance stays....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 03:08:57 AM »
This is true...

Maybe Henderson also?

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 08:31:19 AM »

Good to hear we're apparently targeting guns. No point paying Danger $1million+/year if you could snag one of these guys cheaper.

If Rance quits it will free up stuff all cash!
The whole reason he's an Unrestricted free agent is because he's not one of out top ten highest paid.
Outside of Cotch, Lids, Jack and Martin I'd love to know who the other 6 are if Rance doesn't make it!!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 10:14:14 AM by Loui Tufga »

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 09:55:47 AM »

If Rance quits it we free up stuff all cash!
The whole reason he's an Unrestricted free agent is because he's not one of out top ten highest paid.
Outside of Cotch, Lids, Jack and Martin I'd love to know who the other 6 are is Rance doesn't make it!!

Mr newman is your man. Worth every penny
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 10:50:25 AM »

Outside of Cotch, Lids, Jack and Martin I'd love to know who the other 6 are if Rance doesn't make it!!

That's why I said 'some' not a lot.

Probably free up $250-350k tops. Would help to snag a FA.

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 11:22:48 AM »

That's why I said 'some' not a lot.

Probably free up $250-350k tops. Would help to snag a FA.

Lmao, no you didn't, you exact quote was "I suppose if Rance Leaves we'll have Cash up our sleeves"
I take this as you mean it will free up more cash in the salary cap outside of the guys we delist and those who retire. The botom line is if Rance leaves it will make FA difference as he's not on big money and someone will most likely be retained to fill his position anyway......

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 11:43:26 AM »
I'll believe it when I see it

That's what my girlfriend says
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2015, 12:43:11 PM »
Rance going (hope like hell he stays) would free up a lot of cash as we'd be looking at these guys coming across with Rance's new offer in calculations & should he not accept it we then have that to add to the warchest. i agree with above tho, we should be after Carlisle wheather Rance stays or goes.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2015, 01:21:04 PM »
Rance going (hope like hell he stays) would free up a lot of cash as we'd be looking at these guys coming across with Rance's new offer in calculations & should he not accept it we then have that to add to the warchest. i agree with above tho, we should be after Carlisle wheather Rance stays or goes.

Can you draw a diagram for that flog Loui Tufga? He doesn't get it.

If Rance is making $300k and quits we have $300k extra to aim at a target player, because no. 18 has gone from costing us $300k to $0.00 and can be replaced with anybody and anything.

And yes, then there's the extra $300-500k that RFC is definitely willing to pay Rance.

But hey $600-800k total is FA according to some... I mean seriously that kind of money could land us basically any of the aforementioned players.

Then you take out dead weights like Newman, Foley, Knights etc and I'm sure there's another $600k+ freed up.