Author Topic: Chris Yarran [merged]  (Read 575993 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Yarran requests trade to Richmond [update]
« Reply #1020 on: September 18, 2015, 08:19:21 PM »
I am behind getting Yarran now as I said last night but NOT at the cost of Lennon. The up side to Lennon has been demonstrated this year and the future holds big things for him at our club. To trade Lennon would reek of desperation by the RFC and the notion that we are on the brink of winning a GF. Which I don't believe we are at the moment.

I would accept trading a second round pick, with Batchelor, who by the way Yarran could replace immediately and he plays a lot taller... :snidegrin :snidegrin

Or trade a second rounder with Griff, Conca or as a very last resort Astbury, although I also think there is a very big upside to Astbury.

Brendan Bolton has said tonight on SEN radio that he would expect a 1st rounder as trade for Yarran

Personally I say they can go stuff themselves, you got the goods in the Hampson deal.
Lightning no strike twice moose  :shh

Agree.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1021 on: September 18, 2015, 08:28:31 PM »
 :lol
cheek pricks
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1022 on: September 18, 2015, 08:46:12 PM »
Won't be pick for Yarran, that's for AT :thumbsup

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1023 on: September 18, 2015, 08:53:57 PM »
Well it better not be Lennon, I'm thinking Griff to replace Kreuzer when he breaks down.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1024 on: September 18, 2015, 09:10:11 PM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1025 on: September 18, 2015, 09:45:18 PM »
AFL trades: Who is your club chasing and who might leave?

Nick Clark
Herald-Sun
September 19, 2015

RICHMOND

Is Harley Bennell the missing piece in the Tigers’ premiership puzzle? At least one AFL champ says yes. He would certainly add class and X-factor to a midfield that didn’t perform on the September stage, but is he worth the risk? After 35 years without a flag, the answer might be yes. Are also interested in Chris Yarran and possibly Matthew Kreuzer, and don’t count them totally out of the race for Adam Treloar.

http://www.themercury.com.au/afl-trades-who-is-your-club-chasing-and-who-might-leave/story-fnj3twbb-1227519452756

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1026 on: September 18, 2015, 10:03:40 PM »
Quote from: TheUndertaker
I mentioned Yarran and the deal being done before the media picked it up. Well here's more, four year contract is on the table, Yarran has accepted it verbally. We got him. Buttttt, Carlton want Lennon and McBean. And no, not kidding. I wish I was. They want to **** us. Yarran is dead set on coming, he wants nothing to do with those bastards anymore. Trade week will be hard, we will lose something that we don't want to. I'm predicting Griffiths and second rounder, but that's a guess, it will be something. They want Lennon and McBean though.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/blair-hartley-project-2015-iv-trade-and-free-agency-discussion.1110694/page-193#post-40978282

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1027 on: September 18, 2015, 10:05:49 PM »
Oh boy
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1028 on: September 18, 2015, 10:41:06 PM »
This is going to be another Blair Hardwick stuff up

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

No More

« Reply #1029 on: September 18, 2015, 10:46:57 PM »
As Kenny Rogers used to say or sing ... You gotta know when to hold em and when to fold em - know when to walk away and know when to run ... and unfortunately we don't know if we fall for this rubbish.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #1030 on: September 19, 2015, 12:06:18 AM »
2nd rnd pick only nothing thrown in for Yarran. We have the whip hand if they are sick of each other and Yarran wants to come to tigerland, Carlton need this deal more than we do.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1031 on: September 19, 2015, 12:32:10 AM »
So one supposedly average game after 7 solid/good weeks of consistent improvement suddenly deserves instant omission from a final in favour of blokes who even haven't played a match at any level for over a month? How was someone like Newman travelling in those 8 weeks? Were the same standards applied to him and a few others? Bollocks.
So when Lennon is Newman's age, will he expect to be treated the same as a second year player? Doubt it.

A second year player should be getting preferential treatment if they are on par with an old dude who's past it.
The quote you have put up has nothing to do with what "we" think or even what the majority think of what should be practised. It is about the expectation from the player. If Lennon makes it to Newman's number of games I seriously doubt that he would think that a second year player should be treated the same way as him.

The quote you have put up has nothing to do with what Lennon thinks. It is about the way it should be

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1032 on: September 19, 2015, 04:49:20 AM »
AFL trades: Chris Yarran set to leave Blues

Jake Niall
The Age
September 19. 2015

Chris Yarran and Carlton have an understanding that he will seek a trade to another club at the upcoming exchange period.

Yarran, who signalled his exit from Carlton by not attending the club best and fairest on Thursday, wants to be traded to Richmond, as has been reported for some time.

The sticking point in discussions between the Tigers and the Blues is likely to be the draft pick on offer for Yarran, who is contracted for 2016.

The Tigers are understood to be willing only to part with their second-round pick, while the Blues will want a first-round selection for Yarran, who is due to be paid around $450,000 next season.

Yarran met the Tigers during the season and there does not appear to be another serious suitor at this stage. If Carlton held on to Yarran he would be a restricted free agent at the end of next year and could walk, but the Blues would gain a compensation pick which may or may not exceed what the Tigers are willing to offer this year.

Yarran's management has been in regular communications with Carlton and the parties were well aware throughout the latter stages of the season that he would be seeking a trade.

Yarran is back in Perth with his family, having informed the club that he would not attend the best and fairest.

A highly promising youngster when selected, Yarran appeals to Richmond as a small forward but can also play as a rebounding defender with his pace and disposal skills.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/carlton-blues/afl-trades-chris-yarran-set-to-leave-blues-20150918-gjq7i5.html

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1033 on: September 19, 2015, 05:21:58 AM »
Good one Jake it's a 2nd rounder or SOS and his brainless knob mates can GAGF.

We still owe those pricks for stealing the Royal Oak

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1034 on: September 19, 2015, 06:24:58 AM »
2nd rounder and Griff or move on Tigers.

"Rucks: