Author Topic: Essendon Carcass / Hurley could walk as rivals circle (Herald-Sun)  (Read 48842 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Essendon Carcass / Hurley could walk as rivals circle (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2016, 04:21:33 PM »
Pretty expensive but you get what you pay for and I'd do it. We desperately need another KPD

less expesnive when you add up the wage of

hampson
grigg
houli
b ellis
morris
hunt

Think everyone is, even Buddy

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2016, 04:22:27 PM »
wat
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2016, 04:25:09 PM »
 :sleep :pray
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2016, 04:38:28 PM »
Pretty expensive but you get what you pay for and I'd do it. We desperately need another KPD

less expesnive when you add up the wage of

hampson
grigg
houli
b ellis
morris
hunt

Think everyone is, even Buddy

that chaplin potato is an over paid gimp too

hampson
grigg
houli
b ellis
morris
hunt
chaplin

2-3 list blockers = 1 big fish

:whistle :whistle

#moneyball

the salary cap will proabley go up another 25% with the new tv right$$

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: May 16, 2016, 04:44:04 PM »
I don't think we would really need to cut list blockers to free up the space anyway, don't we have a war chest? Plus if you cut 2-3 you have to find 2-3 players for the list. IF we got Hurley we wouldn't need Chaplin anymore anyway so that's an easy choice to make

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #126 on: May 16, 2016, 05:04:36 PM »
name a better backline than Rance/Hurley with grimes as the 3rd tall.......
that backline would make us a genuine Premiership contender

tony_montana

« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2016, 05:12:16 PM »
I don't think we would really need to cut list blockers to free up the space anyway, don't we have a war chest? Plus if you cut 2-3 you have to find 2-3 players for the list. IF we got Hurley we wouldn't need Chaplin anymore anyway so that's an easy choice to make

Not if Chaplin excercises his option for an extra year  :shh

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2016, 05:13:35 PM »
name a better backline than Rance/Hurley with grimes as the 3rd tall.......
that backline would make us a genuine Premiership contender

they say u need a good backline to win a flag ...

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2016, 05:27:09 PM »

Not if Chaplin excercises his option for an extra year  :shh

Surely we'd stop playing him.....surely........surely????
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2016, 07:12:46 PM »

Surprisingly I agree.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2016, 07:58:00 PM »
http://www.sen.com.au/news/05-16/tigers-offering-michael-hurley-big-deal#BchgBsUv7LOjzDb9.97
Here's the full article. $900k p.a for 5 years for Hurley.

Tigers offering Michael Hurley big deal

Joshua Papanikolaou, Justin Talent
SEN
16 May 2016, 06:47PM

Richmond is believed to be prepared to offer suspended Essendon key defender Michael Hurley a very lucrative long-term deal, according to Daniel Harford.

The 25-year-old is yet to commit to play for the Bombers in 2017 as he serves his 12-month ban with eleven of his teammates for their part in the supplements saga.

He has been at the Bombers for seven seasons and was impressive in 2015 averaging 21 disposals and nearly seven marks per game earning him All-Australian honours.

"Well I heard Mark Robinson and Andy Maher talking today about the Bombers' dozen and the players that have re-committed to the footy club," explained Harford on SEN radio.

"But I did hear Robbo talking about Michael Hurley and the fact that he might be 50/50 - that's interesting because not too long before that I had received some correspondence from a gentleman who would know things in football who has told me that Richmond have made a $900,000 for five (years) to Michael Hurley."

Harford later added that Richmond would be stupid not to look at Hurley to replace the ageing Troy Chaplin down back.

"They would be stupid not to. Look at Richmond. You’ve got Alex Rance who is clearly one of the dominant defenders of the competition but you get another pillar down there," he said.

"Troy Chaplin has been that stopgap for a couple of years now and he’s been serviceable throughout the journey but he’s not going to be there long-term."

He also believes that Essendon's promises of a better future may not sway the defender from remaining at the club if his rumoured resentment following his 12 month suspension remains.

"The state of the list may not even come into play for Michael Hurley," said Harford.

"If he has still got that anger, he might just need to get out. The state of the list might have zero influence on his decision."

On another note with the Tigers, Harford believes their emotional and lively celebrations following a one-point win after the siren against Sydney was good for the team and supporters.

However, he did note that the team should be careful not to try and extend that winning form playing on the emotion of that victory alone.

“The fans want to see that emotion and there’s no other way in that scenario when you’re kicking a goal after the siren it is fever pitch, particularly when you’re the Tigers and you’ve had a crap run playing a quality team,” said Harford.

“If he doesn’t kick that goal their world is still imploding… so I was pumped to see that sort of emotional reaction from the Tigers.

“You can’t rely on that, you can’t play on emotion every week because emotion disappears for a phase then your best becomes your worst very quickly.”

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2016, 08:03:11 PM »
Who broke this story......from where ....... :snidegrin

"Rucks:

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #134 on: May 16, 2016, 08:03:47 PM »
Hurley would have to do a forward pocket apprenticeship before he could play in our backline
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do