Author Topic: Punt Road Oval redevelopment & Indigenous institute [merged]  (Read 122869 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Punt Road Oval in line for State government funding
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 01:31:17 PM »
Obviously/Hopefully they are doing up the change rooms properly, with player access to the field seperated from supporters so as we can get the footy (Coburg) back there for a few games

Punt road is Frawleyen grouse to watch footy, I didn't mind the Victorian Bushrangers 1 dayers they had there a few years back either.

That's one thing NO other Vic club will have on us, our spiritual HOME next to the G for before/after match amusement for all Tigers.

I LOVE PUNT ROAD. SUCK GEISCH POOWOOD ...... Stick lexus manufactured no history no atmosphere centre up ya clacker naccas  :rollin

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2006, 02:22:32 PM »
From BF:

Tomorrow will see the announcement of a $6.5m redevelopment of the Punt Road Oval, home of the Tiges.

Bracks will make the announcement from Punt Road with Steve Wright, TW etc. To be funded $2m by Vic Govt, $2m by the Council, $1.5m by the AFL and $1m by RFC.

http://bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247319

I'd heard that too ;)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2006, 02:26:16 PM »
From BF:

Tomorrow will see the announcement of a $6.5m redevelopment of the Punt Road Oval, home of the Tiges.

Bracks will make the announcement from Punt Road with Steve Wright, TW etc. To be funded $2m by Vic Govt, $2m by the Council, $1.5m by the AFL and $1m by RFC.

http://bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247319

I'd heard that too ;)

yes can confirm figures 100% correct

:shh

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2006, 07:57:00 PM »
Our Prez confirmed the story on 3aw tonight. Looks like we'll be monopolising the papers tomorrow and the next day lol.

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2006, 10:03:04 PM »
That's great news - no doubt about Bracksie - he's a can do guy   :sleep

I just hope we can do it without a gaming facility - have a bit of class and do without the dreaded pokies.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2006, 10:13:27 PM »
Any mention of what time the announcement will be?

The main training session is on at 11am and usually runs till 1pm so I might be able to see both if I get time.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2006, 10:19:10 PM »
have any of you clowns  ;D seen the sketches and plans?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Bracks comes to clubs' aid (The Age)
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2006, 12:54:18 AM »
Bracks comes to clubs' aid
Caroline Wilson
The Age
June 7, 2006

MULTI-MILLION dollar redevelopments of at least four Victorian AFL club headquarters were to be unveiled by Premier Steve Bracks at Richmond's Punt Road Oval today.

The premier was to deliver his Government's long-awaited promise of financial help to boost the facilities of Richmond, the Kangaroos, St Kilda and Carlton in a bid to improve the training resources of the traditional Victorian clubs to enable them to compete in comparative circumstances with their interstate competitors.

Mr Bracks' announcement, which has been timed for this state election year, will see a $6.5 million redevelopment of Tigerland — to be partly funded also by the club and local government money — start at the end of next year.

All funds for redevelopment will enable the clubs to operate community-based facilities.

In Richmond's case a new social club incorporating a major new medical facility will be built along the Punt Road side of the oval with the old social club pulled down and replaced by the third phase of Richmond's planned improvement upon its training resources. The original grandstand at the ground will be stripped back and remain a stand-alone heritage-listed structure.

The timing of the government's announced multi-million dollar cash injection — believed to exceed $20 million — has been kept a closely guarded secret with all clubs told to remain tight-lipped last night.

Details of the Richmond redevelopment, which will also see the club's museum also relocated, were leaked onto a legal website yesterday and club president Gary March confirmed that an announcement at Punt Road was taking place today that would see the club's training facilities finally completed in 2008.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/06/06/1149359745646.html

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2006, 07:05:25 AM »
since when has BigFooty been a legal website lol...

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
$55m boost for venues including Punt Road Oval
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2006, 12:09:08 PM »
$55m boost for venues
10:52:56 AM Wed 7 June, 2006
Ashley Browne
Exclusive to afl.com.au

Victorian-based AFL clubs will soon boast modern and up-to-date facilities to match those of non-Victorian clubs, and they will be made available to community groups and the general public, as part of a $55 million funding project announced by the AFL and the Victorian government on Wednesday.

The project will mean major overhauls of much-loved former AFL match venues that are now club training and administrative bases including MC Labour Park (formerly Princes Park), Punt Road Oval, Moorabbin, Windy Hill, Arden Street , Victoria Park and Waverley Park.

The AFL will commit $10.3 million over the next three years to the project, with the state government adding $14 million. The seven affected AFL clubs (Carlton, Richmond, St Kilda, Essendon, the Kangaroos, Collingwood and Hawthorn) will commit $15 million between them as will the various local councils.

Speaking at the project launch at Punt Road on Wednesday, AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou said it was a landmark day for the Victorian AFL clubs and the community at large.

"There’s no argument the club facilities needed attention. The Victorian AFL Club Facilities Funding Program initiatives announced today will go a long way to ensuring Victorian clubs keep pace with the advances made by clubs interstate," he said.

"It will mean that the improved facilities are more open to community organisations and that the daily connection between the clubs and their diverse local communities is strengthened.

"It is a win for AFL clubs and a win for the wider community who will use the facilities or benefit from those that do. This funding is an investment and one that will provide a significant return to the community," Demetriou said.

Several of the one-time AFL venues will undergo significant redevelopment as part of the project. Among the grandstands that will disappear include:

- the Pratt and Gardiner stands at MC Labour Park
- the Richmond Social Club stand at Punt Road
- both grandstands at Moorabbin
- the upper level of the Rush Stand at Victoria Park

Other grandstands such as the Cookson Stand at Windy Hill, the Heroes and Harris stands at MC Labour Park, the Jack Dyer Stand at Punt Road and the Ryder and Sherrin stands at Victoria Park will all undergo major refurbishment.

St Kilda will get an entirely new facility at Moorabbin with a new training complex to be built where the grandstands currently sit, while a new social club and merchandising outlet will be nearby facing the busy South Road.

Wednesday's announcement follows on from work either completed, in progress or in the wings for the three other Victorian-based AFL clubs. Geelong's redevelopment of Skilled Stadium is complete with talk of a further refurbishment already being suggested, the redevelopment of the Western Bulldogs' headquarters at the Whitten Oval now underway and a new sports facility to be built alongside Olympic Park near the MCG with Melbourne as a key tenant.

The redeveloped Skilled Stadium, at which several community groups share facilities with the Geelong Football Club, is regarded as the model for the other AFL training venues going forward.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=271930

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2006, 12:15:51 PM »
Will the work start at the start of October 06?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2006, 12:50:11 PM »

My understanding is the work will start in 2007 after the cricket season with it all to be finished by 2008

have any of you clowns ;D seen the sketches and plans?

They showed plans at the AGm back in January.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2006, 12:52:42 PM »
From the AFL site

RICHMOND FOOTBALL CLUB

Total Project Value: $6.5M

Funding Contributions:

State Government: $2.00m
City of Melbourne: $2.00m(subject to Council Budget process)
Richmond Football Club: $1.00m
Australian Football League: $1.50m

Proposed Redevelopment / Works details:
 Social Club Building

Demolish the existing Social Club building and develop a new integrated administration and training facility for the Richmond Football Club, including:
- A club gymnasium and supporting player facilities;
- Lecture theatre;
- Improved toilet and change room facilities to support the existing indoor pool.

Jack Dyer Stand

- Reinstate the Jack Dyer Stand to its former historical form;
- Develop new Richmond Football Club Hall of Fame on ground level;
- Develop new change rooms for the Richmond Cricket Club; and
- Develop new community meeting rooms.

Other

- Develop new building on the eastern side of the Jack Dyer Stand to include:
- New community function room;
- Richmond Football Club social club facility;
- Sports medicine suites;
- Ground level carpark.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=271924

See link for what the other clubs are doing

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2006, 01:15:29 PM »

Gary March said work will start in about 12 months time. The only negative to all this is the Club will be without a Social Club for a year while construction is occurring (presumably sometime between 2007-08). So we'll have to organise alternative arrangements for after games while construction is going on at Punt Road. I mentioned the Wantirna Club but Gary said supporters/members love the fact the Social Club is just a short walk from the 'G so presumably we'll try to find somewhere close to the 'G.

The new player and admin building will be where the current Social club is. The walk of honour will be left where it is though. In fact the plans allow room for more bricks to be laid. The new Social club and RFC museum will be in the Jack Dyer Stand and the car parking area will be greatly increased. IIRC March said they'll be 110 spaces.

March was a very happy boy and so he should be  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2006, 01:21:54 PM »
Won't be sad when they rip the social club down - what a dive that is.