Author Topic: Punt Road Oval redevelopment & Indigenous institute [merged]  (Read 122831 times)

PuntRdRoar

Ox

Re: Punt Road Oval in line for State government funding
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2006, 02:19:49 PM »
That looks sh it,especially @ 6.5 mill.

I want to see close to state of the art stuff.

LMAO@ The yellow brick wall.

stuff Bracks and his pathetic attempt at appeasing the masses.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2006, 02:24:00 PM »
the facade of the social club building is disappointing. lets hope the inside of it is better lol. Gotta say the new player facilities and offices and stuff ... that facade looks better except for the Garage door lol what can you say. Overall its better than what weve got, but gotta say I hoped we would get something that looked abit better and sort of lived in the punt rd environment. from these innitial skethes the social club facade doesnt fit in and thats ashame and it looks way to black and white for mine. Its great we're getting work done...but 5/10 at this stage. They should have done better.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 02:41:43 PM by RampagingTiger »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers get green light for Punt Road redevelopment (RFC site)
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2006, 02:36:40 PM »
Tigers get green light for Punt Road redevelopment
1:03:10 PM Wed 7 June, 2006
richmondfc.com.au

The Richmond Football Club has received the go-ahead for a $6.5 million redevelopment of Punt Road Oval.

State Premier Steve Bracks and AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou today announced the upgrade as part of the $55 million Victorian AFL Club Facilities Funding Program at a packed media conference in the Punt Road Social Club.

Richmond’s CEO Steven Wright said the funding was a huge boost and would provide improved facilities for the Club’s training, football administration and social activities.

"This is fantastic news. We would like to acknowledge the great support we have received from the Bracks Government, the City of Melbourne and the AFL,” Wright said.

“Punt Road has been the home of the Richmond Football Club for more than 120 years, and it's a very special place to Tiger fans.

“The new training facilities for our players will enable us to compete on an even keel with the interstate clubs.

“Our members, supporters and the local community will also be able to utilise and enjoy the new Social Club and community rooms at Punt Road."

The State Government is contributing $2 million towards the Punt Road redevelopment, with the City of Melbourne also providing $2 million (subject to budget process) and the AFL $1.5 million. Richmond will fund the extra $1 million needed to complete the project.

The upgrade of Punt Road Oval includes:

• Demolishing the existing Social Club building and developing a new, integrated football administration and training facility, with a gymnasium and supporting player facilities; lecture theatre; improved toilet and change-room facilities to support the current indoor swimming pool.

• Reinstating the Jack Dyer Stand to its former historical form.

• Developing a new RFC Museum and Hall of Fame on ground level.

• Developing new change-rooms for the Richmond Cricket Club and community football played at the ground.

• Developing new offices for community groups.

• Developing a new building on the eastern side of the Jack Dyer Stand with a community function room; RFC Social Club facility; sports medicine suites, ground level car-park.

Mr Bracks said the State Government was delighted to contribute $14 million to the approximately $55 million program to upgrade grounds and facilities for seven Melbourne-based AFL clubs.

“This program will transform existing facilities into multi-purpose sport and recreation venues suitable for a range of community activities,” Mr Bracks said.

“It will improve the performance of our AFL clubs and offer more opportunities for the clubs to connect with the community.

“The program will be used to upgrade training facilities and administration offices, and provide new meeting spaces, function rooms and recreational facilities for local community groups.

Mr Demetriou said the AFL’s $10.3 million contribution towards the program over three years would ensure Victorian AFL clubs had facilities to match the professionalism and strength of Australia’s number one sport and enable all Melbourne-based clubs to compete with facilities of the non-Victorian clubs.

“This will improve the on-field performance, but, importantly, it will also improve the connection between the Richmond Football Club and the local community and continue to build Richmond as a major participant in the economic and social fabric of Victoria,” Mr Demetriou said.

The Minister for Sport and Recreation, Justin Madden, said the Victorian AFL Club Facilities Funding Program was a great example of a successful partnership between governments, sports bodies and communities working to increase sport and recreation opportunities for all Victorians.

“This program was developed in partnership with clubs and local councils to ensure it meets community needs,” Mr Madden said.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=272010

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2006, 03:21:47 PM »
the facade of the social club building is disappointing. lets hope the inside of it is better lol. Gotta say the new player facilities and offices and stuff ... that facade looks better except for the Garage door lol what can you say. Overall its better than what weve got, but gotta say I hoped we would get something that looked abit better and sort of lived in the punt rd environment. from these innitial skethes the social club facade doesnt fit in and thats ashame and it looks way to black and white for mine. Its great we're getting work done...but 5/10 at this stage. They should have done better.

That's the first thing I said when I saw the player facilities facade - "it's even got a double lock-up garage"  ;D.

It's looks as though they've tried to fit the design of the new buildings in with the exisiting David Mandie pool building. A bit uninspiring but I guess the main thing is the inside is state of the art and practical.

Hopefully with the new facilities Coburg will be able to play some of their home back at Punt Rd as a "curtainraiser" when Richmond is playing at the 'G.

Is there anywhere you can find a copy of the internal plans? March said the plans would be placed on the club website but he may have meant just those couple of pics above.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2006, 03:29:12 PM »
The Garage Door needs to be replaced all together with some extra brick work and some glass panels. That should fix it. As for the social club- its my opinion, but over the next 12 months the club should consider scrapping this plan and coming up with another. Im sticking to my opinion that a bowral museum style building but much bigger in size would be perfect for punt rd. You cant expect people to frequent a place when its not an enticing place to go...sadly this facade (of whats shown on the rfc website) isnt enticing at all. Disapppointing I reckon, but sadly theyll build it coz theyre excited down there at Punt Rd, theyll eventually work out the social club design was a mistake when no one goes there during the week and its costing them heaps in lost revenue.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 03:50:22 PM by RampagingTiger »

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2006, 03:57:37 PM »
Pardon me for being stupid but will they have a merchandise area so I can buy Richmond crap once a year? Like the Tiger Den ?

Or dont you Victorian Pricks buy your club stuff there? LMAO

;D
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2006, 03:59:18 PM »
I "WAS" excited, but those pics are very unispiring.

The thing is I like to be outside and enjoy the pre match barbies and aftermatch functions where I can stand outside have a beer and a snag, watch the kids have a kick of the footy and soak up the Punt Rd atmosphere. Sorry but what I see here doesn't really do it for me. :sleep

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2006, 04:05:52 PM »
before we all completely just trash what weve seen, i think we should be fair, the player facility is fine except for the garage door lol...its just the new social club building which seems set to be a disaster. The club needs to scrap this plan and put forward a more enticing place so supporters can go and have lunch and have a drink and play some billiards and have a bet and pass some time, and watch some training. Its a shame, it looks like we will lose a massive chance to give the supporters a better social club.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2006, 04:26:33 PM »
Pardon me for being stupid but will they have a merchandise area so I can buy Richmond crap once a year? Like the Tiger Den ?

In with the Museum and Social club area.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2006, 04:33:19 PM »
I "WAS" excited, but those pics are very unispiring.

The thing is I like to be outside and enjoy the pre match barbies and aftermatch functions where I can stand outside have a beer and a snag, watch the kids have a kick of the footy and soak up the Punt Rd atmosphere. Sorry but what I see here doesn't really do it for me. :sleep

They've only shown the outside of the Social club in those pics so maybe (hopefully) the ground side is more "open" and welcoming and inclusive as far as pre-match barbies and aftermatch functions.

Btw the Walk of Honour is missing out the front of the player facility in the pic?! 

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2006, 06:02:33 PM »
Bloody Hell!! Looks like something from the Thunderbirds.  :banghead
Like Ramps, I was hoping for a more classic design to fit in with the Jack Dyer Stand. Post modernist crap!
Did someone dig up Frank Lloyd Wright for this project??
Sure there is a time and place for this type of architecture but not 2006 and not at Punt Road!!  :help

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2006, 06:10:54 PM »
our supporters are having a fair dinkum crack about the designs on Big Footy. The troops arent happy gentlemen. The troops aint happy- but gotta say, you cant blame them either :(

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2006, 06:44:20 PM »

Btw the Walk of Honour is missing out the front of the player facility in the pic?! 

They say they are going to leave it there ? What for - Who will be hanging out in front of that joint, better to move it towards where the social club will be, so it's on display. And I like standing on my brick having a brew or two. :rollin