Author Topic: Jacob Townsend [merged]  (Read 128002 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers interested in Giants' Jacob Townsend
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2015, 03:59:12 PM »

Just remember Miles didn't get many games at GWS at all and he was IMHO the only bloke who really stood up in the EF. McIntosh tried too. If Townsend comes cheap and has the potential to be the next Miles why shouldn't we have a crack? God knows we need big bodies in the midfield. Look at the North mids - they smashed us due to their size. Higgins, Ziebell, Swallow, Cunnington etc. Bigger/tougher men.

Did you watch the game or do you have memory issues or just a pessimist set of glasses.  Miles and McIntosh only ? What about Riewoldt, Rance, Martin, Grimes.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2015, 06:15:26 PM »

Just remember Miles didn't get many games at GWS at all and he was IMHO the only bloke who really stood up in the EF. McIntosh tried too. If Townsend comes cheap and has the potential to be the next Miles why shouldn't we have a crack? God knows we need big bodies in the midfield. Look at the North mids - they smashed us due to their size. Higgins, Ziebell, Swallow, Cunnington etc. Bigger/tougher men.

Did you watch the game or do you have memory issues or just a pessimist set of glasses.  Miles and McIntosh only ? What about Riewoldt, Rance, Martin, Grimes.

Well I'm a 14 year member, drove to Adelaide last year, and went in 2013. I was at the game this year too, were you?

Perhaps I should have been clearer - I am talking about the midfield specifically. Rance was solid as usual. Jack played very well and tried very hard. Grimes put his body on the line but didn't have a huge impact. Martin are you serious? Was prominent early but faded and was basically ineffectual by the end of the game. Had a mammoth 21 touches and 62 fantasy points - 40 of which he had by quarter time? So you tell me who has memory issues if you think he stood up you're crazy.

We got smashed in the middle of the ground by Goldstein and the North mids. Miles stood up - nobody else really did...

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2015, 06:22:06 PM »
Chuck, pay a bloodytention... :banghead
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2015, 06:23:50 PM »

Well I'm a 14 year member, drove to Adelaide last year, and went in 2013. I was at the game this year too, were you?

Perhaps I should have been clearer - I am talking about the midfield specifically. Rance was solid as usual. Jack played very well and tried very hard. Grimes put his body on the line but didn't have a huge impact. Martin are you serious? Was prominent early but faded and was basically ineffectual by the end of the game. Had a mammoth 21 touches and 62 fantasy points - 40 of which he had by quarter time? So you tell me who has memory issues if you think he stood up you're crazy.

We got smashed in the middle of the ground by Goldstein and the North mids. Miles stood up - nobody else really did...

Sorry mate but ive been a member for x years, I drove really far etc. adds nothing to your argument

Miles is a star but that doesn't mean every gws plodder nobody will be too
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2015, 06:25:13 PM »
yeah chucky. surely you have reading this forum long enough to know that what people say isnt what they mean?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2015, 06:30:00 PM »
Martin got the ball ten times in the first quarter

Gained 500 meters, far more than any other Richmond player, almost equal Harvey

Richmond fans hve very high expectations of our stars. And allow the limp goats liberties
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2015, 06:36:23 PM »
^ Then a further 11 disposals in the last 3 quarters.

Just making a point - yes I watch and go to the games. Martin didn't stand up.

And I'm talking about our midfield here, which is clear if people are following the discussion.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2015, 06:38:05 PM »
it really only became clear after you specified the midfield

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2015, 06:41:24 PM »
Absolutely agree. We have one of the biggest bodied players in the AFL in Thomas and we hardly played him. What's with the club? When Thomas played he actually played well and got the pill. I'm not a fan of his, but if the club really felt we were deficient in that area, surely they would have played him in the final ahead of Conca or Griffiths, or at least played him a lot more!
This reeks of pushing the panic button as a result of one game - the elimination final. We lost that game because Maric got mauled and none of our stars turned up to play. The only guy with any outside run at all that day was McIntosh. I doubt a guy who cannot get a game with the GWS would have made the difference, as good an inside player as he might be.

Thomas is listed at 186/87. Smaller than Townsend. And by your own admission we should have played him in the EF - a sentiment I have also echoed recently.

Pull your head out. Clearly a midfield discussion...

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2015, 06:46:59 PM »
and he was IMHO the only bloke who really stood up in the EF

and he was IMHO the only midfielder who really stood up in the EF

see the difference?

i think, deep down, you can

Perhaps I should have been clearer

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2015, 09:03:55 PM »

Yes you should have been clearer, thank you for acknowledging that.

Now that your argument is concise I agree with what you said Miles was the only midfielder who consistently stood up.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2015, 09:06:05 PM »
Chuck, pay a bloodytention... :banghead

Sorry my bad I didn't have my cap of clear intention understanding on

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2015, 09:23:09 PM »

Yes you should have been clearer, thank you for acknowledging that.

Now that your argument is concise I agree with what you said Miles was the only midfielder who consistently stood up.

PS congratulations on your 14 year membership, it adds considerable significant weight to your arguments

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2015, 11:03:59 PM »
How long until  young Jacob knocks us back for a better offer?
 :facepalm
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2015, 11:51:23 PM »
and he was IMHO the only bloke who really stood up in the EF

and he was IMHO the only midfielder who really stood up in the EF

see the difference?

i think, deep down, you can

Perhaps I should have been clearer
And yet it did not take much of a leap to   clearly see he was talking about mids.