Author Topic: Blair's DFA targets...  (Read 16789 times)

dwaino

Re: Blair's DFA targets...
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2015, 06:56:20 PM »
Harper or Gorringe could be handy.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2015, 06:58:38 PM »
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2015, 07:45:35 PM »
Ruckman out of Gorringe, Cameron or Redden.......I still favour Cameron....massive upside....Gorringe is a headcase....and not in the good way that you want a ruckman to be.....been informed that Redden is cooked.....I'm not so sure though....still only 24.....wouldn't object if we got two of the above.....would be able to develop Soldo another year at a lower level with whatever big yank we're apparently looking to take a punt on...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2015, 08:45:21 PM »
Need to keep an eye on delisted rucks and KPPs.

Would be looking at one of either Redden or Cordy for rookie, purely in case Maric goes down...

I have little faith in Astbury, and less in Elton, but at least if Rance or Chaplin go down you know there are tall KPD's in the seconds who are playing defence to come in and have a shot without us playing blokes like Grimes/Batchelor on our opposition's 1st key forward (wait a minute...).
Carlton delisted a kid called Cameron Giles.  Iliked him as a junior. Havent seen much of him at all since. I know hes had his fair share of injuries  anyone know how hes gone at Carlton when not injured.

Sounds like he was regularly beaten in the VFL throughout 2014 until he fractured his navicular. Sat out most out 2015 before returning for two games late in the VFL season. Got through the first, then was allegedly one of the best in the final game of the year before being delisted. Maybe a bit harsh?
Sounds like it. of course kids are going to get beaten up against men in their first season even in the vfl. Missed the second yr thru injury then delisted.
Has to be something else attitude or work rate foot injury is a bad one. if not he would have to be worth looking hard at as a rookie at least.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2015, 10:32:14 PM »
Ruckman out of Gorringe, Cameron or Redden.......I still favour Cameron....massive upside....Gorringe is a headcase....and not in the good way that you want a ruckman to be.....been informed that Redden is cooked.....I'm not so sure though....still only 24.....wouldn't object if we got two of the above.....would be able to develop Soldo another year at a lower level with whatever big yank we're apparently looking to take a punt on...

Who is this Cameron chap?

Gorringe was a high draft pick want he? What's his deal?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2015, 01:47:40 AM »
Darcy Cameron from Claremont....

http://www.boundforglorynews.com.au/2013-draft-profile-darcy-cameron/

Gorringe went at pick 10 in 2010....talented smart ruckman but soft and by all reports an Akermanis-level flog without the work ethic to back it up.......
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2015, 09:41:33 AM »
Darcy Cameron from Claremont....

http://www.boundforglorynews.com.au/2013-draft-profile-darcy-cameron/

Gorringe went at pick 10 in 2010....talented smart ruckman but soft and by all reports an Akermanis-level flog without the work ethic to back it up.......

Cheers for that.

Cameron definitely seems worth a punt.

I don't even like saying Gorringe's name so he can F right O.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2015, 05:44:05 PM »

Who is this Cameron chap?

Gorringe was a high draft pick want he? What's his deal?
Darcy Cameron was a player i hoped we would take in the 2013 nd or as a rookie.
Since missing the draft he has played 21 senior games for Claremont in the Wafl. He spends a lot of time fwd when in the seniors but Claremont use Mark Seaby as their #1 ruckman.
When thrown in the ruck he competes well and for his size has very good agility. He definately is a ruckman first and formost who can rest fwd take a grab and kick a goal. I think people need to realise he turned 20 in july.To be playing ruck against seniors even at state league is an accomplishment at 18 19 or 20..
His reserves form in the ruck is outstanding as one would expect.

I think its a matter of time before a club at the least rookies him.As a development ruck on our list he would be perfect.He is not ready however to take over from Maric if he got hurt.
I think theres a good chance of him becoming a decent AFL ruckman. He has  now had two yrs of development playing senior footy, i dont see the point in waiting for him to have a stellar season only then to have every club hunting for him. Imo  Late picks and rookie picks  are there to take a bit of a punt and back in your judgement and intuition if you like..

I would be happy if we took this lad with our last nd pick or used a rookie pick. I would also be happy if we took Jarrad Redden depending on medical reports.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2015, 06:13:23 PM »
ok serious question.

how many years do you think it will be before he is ready to compete with AFL ruckmen?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2015, 08:29:17 PM »
Harper would definitely have a look at  but has he still got ankle problems?
Also noticed Daniel Gorringe was delisted aswell .

Word is his ankles are "very bad" ...

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2015, 08:33:05 PM »

A shame really as he is a very good in & under type even though Scott used him for his outside pace.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2015, 11:20:05 PM »

A shame really as he is a very good in & under type even though Scott used him for his outside pace.

Wot?
He's as outside as they come.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2015, 07:09:48 AM »
Pies to rookie keefe. There goes claws idea which I thought was a great one BTW as he can play.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2015, 08:42:52 AM »
ok serious question.

how many years do you think it will be before he is ready to compete with AFL ruckmen?

2-3 best case scenario.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2015, 09:01:36 AM »

Wot?
He's as outside as they come.
Did you watch any of his junior games at Eastern.Looked nuggety & hard at it when put on the ball at times.