Author Topic: Daniel Rioli [merged]  (Read 232107 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Daniel Rioli [merged]
« Reply #555 on: November 05, 2017, 03:18:41 AM »
Injury list: (04/11/2017)

Daniel Rioli suffered a broken foot in the Grand Final and was in a moon boot. He is expected to start running after the Christmas.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-04/complete-guide-to-your-clubs-offseason

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #556 on: November 05, 2017, 02:21:49 PM »
So he runs after Christmas. How much pre season does he miss? I still reckon we'll only see him from mid season on.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #557 on: November 05, 2017, 02:48:06 PM »
So he runs after Christmas. How much pre season does he miss? I still reckon we'll only see him from mid season on.

About 4 weeks

Crunching numbers

Players get 8 weeks off once their season ends

Ours finished end of Sept, so they have until end of Nov off. Then there's a week off between Xsms and new year so thinks about 4 weeks
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #558 on: November 05, 2017, 02:59:43 PM »
Just watched the GWS game again and he was great with his 4 goals

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #559 on: November 05, 2017, 05:36:24 PM »

About 4 weeks

Crunching numbers

Players get 8 weeks off once their season ends

Ours finished end of Sept, so they have until end of Nov off. Then there's a week off between Xsms and new year so thinks about 4 weeks

Me thinks all going to plan he misses a couple of pre season games, plays a ressies game and lines up r1 with his mates and 90k to watch the unfurling of the flag  :snidegrin
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #560 on: November 05, 2017, 09:08:30 PM »
That would be great if it eventuate's.  Even if he misses only 2 or 3 it would be great. I would rather they be conservative

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #561 on: November 13, 2017, 02:47:42 AM »
RICHMOND forward Daniel Rioli will have an interrupted start to pre-season.

Rioli — who broke his foot in the final quarter of the Grand Final — had surgery last month and remains on holidays in the Tiwi Islands but is believed to be recovering well.

“Daniel is still back home at the minute but we think his surgery so far has gone well,” Richmond general manager of football talent Dan Richardson said.

“It was successful but he’s got a bit of a rehab process ahead of him.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-forward-daniel-rioli-set-for-delayed-start-to-preseason-but-rest-of-list-fit-and-firing/news-story/6b96446e12152a70d7a515fb47ff53fd

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #562 on: November 13, 2017, 04:26:27 PM »

Rioli — who broke his foot in the final quarter of the Grand Final — had surgery last month and remains on holidays in the Tiwi Islands but is believed to be recovering well.

“Daniel is still back home at the minute but we think his surgery so far has gone well,” Richmond general manager of football talent Dan Richardson said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-forward-daniel-rioli-set-for-delayed-start-to-preseason-but-rest-of-list-fit-and-firing/news-story/6b96446e12152a70d7a515fb47ff53fd

They need to be very very careful with Daniel. They must not rush him. Even if he misses half the season, the most important thing
is to get his foot into good shape. Risks cant and shouldn't be taken here.

tony_montana

« Reply #563 on: November 14, 2017, 01:52:43 PM »

They need to be very very careful with Daniel. They must not rush him. Even if he misses half the season, the most important thing
is to get his foot into good shape. Risks cant and shouldn't be taken here.

Absolutely - i recall doc on here saying that he heard the surgeon wasnt sure if he was 100% satisfied with the op. If not get him in again and make sure its right

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #564 on: November 16, 2017, 02:37:44 PM »
Absolutely - i recall doc on here saying that he heard the surgeon wasnt sure if he was 100% satisfied with the op.

I don't recall saying that?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #565 on: November 20, 2017, 03:18:48 PM »
Has Daniel been given leave like Cyril? Not that it affects him so much as obviously he's injured and we aren't training yet

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #566 on: November 20, 2017, 07:47:38 PM »
Going for scans today is what some articles said but rumours going around that it's likely syndemosis - the same injury that got Selwood this year.

If it is that in your professional opinion how many weeks is he looking at?

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #567 on: November 20, 2017, 08:00:25 PM »
I really wish someone would make a DVD of Maurice Rioli highlights.

Surely the footage is out there. Would be great to watch.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #568 on: November 24, 2017, 02:03:48 AM »
Going for scans today is what some articles said but rumours going around that it's likely syndemosis - the same injury that got Selwood this year.

Wasn't that in the end. Posted that long before he was diagnosed and was the reports I was hearing from my contacts

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #569 on: November 24, 2017, 08:54:20 AM »

Wasn't that in the end. Posted that long before he was diagnosed and was the reports I was hearing from my contacts

Ok thanks