Author Topic: Daniel Rioli [merged]  (Read 290210 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Daniel Rioli [merged]
« Reply #1440 on: August 31, 2024, 02:43:41 PM »
From Barrett's Sliding Doors column on the AFL website

IF ...
in 2022 Daniel Rioli spoke of being a "Tiger for life now and I would not want to be anywhere else" when he signed a deal all the way through to the end of 2027, and if ex-Tigers-now-Suns coach Dimma Hardwick arrogantly said to media after beers with Rioli in April that Rioli was "contracted to Richmond for life, I reckon, so it was pretty innocent from our point of view" ...

THEN ...
as with sooooo many words uttered by footballers and coaches, they were nothing but lies.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1206926/sliding-doors-if-brand-petracca-wants-to-truly-hit-the-big-time-then

Can't stand the bloke but he's articulated what I think really  well

Yep thought the same.

Absolutely bang on. Will always love these two for what they have, but their reputations will be remembered differently to others.

They will cop it from a lot of Richmond fans, and rightly so.

Just ask Dimma.

Flat out talking bs doesn't sit well with a lot of people.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #1441 on: August 31, 2024, 02:53:27 PM »
You want to know about Dimma Hardwick loyalty?  Can we ask what Mrs Hardwick thinks about it?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1442 on: August 31, 2024, 03:20:44 PM »
You want to know about Dimma Hardwick loyalty?  Can we ask what Mrs Hardwick thinks about it?

At least half the players in the AFL cheat on their girlfriends/wives...and vice versa.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1443 on: August 31, 2024, 03:59:00 PM »

At least half the players in the AFL cheat on their girlfriends/wives...and vice versa.... :shh

More. And the coaches are probably worse. If we want the moral police to move into judging the industry, we might need to overhaul the industry.

On Rioli and co leaving. It is highly likely that this was discussed and agreed weeks ago based on a mutual benefit.

It makes zero sense to hold small forwards/backs in their mid 20’s when we can get great draft picks AND salary cap relief.
Is a serious win:win and anyone arguing against this scenario has become far too emotional about it. Even my 10 year old gets it and he has Shai’s number on the back of his lace up jumper
« Last Edit: August 31, 2024, 04:38:29 PM by Hard Roar Tiger »
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Buddysucks

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1444 on: August 31, 2024, 04:35:03 PM »
Just nail the next 2 drafts with high quality mids and a couple of goal kicking HFF / FP and we can start talking high impact FA players to round us out. Draft talent and trade for need!

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1445 on: August 31, 2024, 05:17:35 PM »
Daniel is good at his craft and will probably win our B&F but this type of player is highly replaceable.
Every team has a running attacking defender like him .
Unleash the tornado

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1446 on: August 31, 2024, 05:36:31 PM »
Daniel is good at his craft and will probably win our B&F but this type of player is highly replaceable.
Actually he really put in his last few games and in fact all year, Knowing he was leaving …. Respect

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1447 on: August 31, 2024, 06:45:36 PM »
Actually he really put in his last few games and in fact all year, Knowing he was leaving …. Respect

I respect Nathan Broad for his loyalty in not leaving the Tigers during this difficult era.
Unleash the tornado

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1448 on: August 31, 2024, 07:17:46 PM »

💯 agree with that a few of the others leaving and staying put we're just coasting around

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1449 on: September 01, 2024, 07:46:29 PM »
Devil's advocate, Daniel could have softed out and wanted rests etc.

But he did put in till the end. And this played a part in getting a better draft hand then we would be getting otherwise.
Go Tigers!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1450 on: September 02, 2024, 07:27:55 AM »

But he did put in till the end. And this played a part in getting a better draft hand then we would be getting otherwise.

While I get everyone's point

Fact is Daniel was one of the best for GC in the final round.

As I said take out his 2 goals and it was a very poor game. Metres gained mean very little whe  you are gifting the ball to the opposition with turnovers.

He's he's a huge show to win  the JD Medal and I have no issue with that. But I cannot sugar-coat the performances in the last couple fo games
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1451 on: September 02, 2024, 09:10:46 AM »

While I get everyone's point

Fact is Daniel was one of the best for GC in the final round.

As I said take out his 2 goals and it was a very poor game. Metres gained mean very little whe  you are gifting the ball to the opposition with turnovers.

He's he's a huge show to win  the JD Medal and I have no issue with that. But I cannot sugar-coat the performances in the last couple fo games

You can't question his efforts though.

For a bloke wanting to leave he never seemed checked out to me.

He's had a good year and the higher he finishes in the B&F, the more currency he holds.

All of Rioli, Bolton & Baker will probably finish in the top half dozen.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1452 on: September 04, 2024, 09:31:30 PM »
SUNS CONFIDENT ON RIOLI DEAL

GOLD Coast is confident of landing Richmond's Daniel Rioli, hinting it is happy to pay a fair price for the running defender.

Rioli has two years left on his current contract but has requested a trade to the Suns, where he would reunite with former coach Damien Hardwick.

Speaking to AFL.com.au about the specifics of a possible trade, football boss Wayne Campbell said "we want him in the door".

"There's always a fair range in price," Campbell said.

"We'll deal with Richmond in good faith, and we hope to get the deal done.

"We said to Daniel we want him here, so it's up to us to uphold our end of the bargain."

Gold Coast is currently armed with picks six, 13 (via the Western Bulldogs) and 20 in the first round.

The Suns have a few balls in the air, with Magpie John Noble also indicating he wants to get to Carrara to be closer to family, and the club needing to be mindful of retaining capital to acquire Academy graduate Leo Lombard. – Michael Whiting

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1211422/inside-trading-tigers-up-bid-for-flag-star-suns-open-to-luko-move-giants-made-to-wait
« Last Edit: September 04, 2024, 10:01:56 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1453 on: September 04, 2024, 11:17:47 PM »
Cambo will pay up. Pick 6 and 15 incoming.
Go Tigers!

Offline OneEyedRichmond

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1454 on: September 05, 2024, 12:22:48 AM »
Deal is done… pick 6 & 13 😉