Author Topic: Oleg Markov [merged]  (Read 95002 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Pick 50 - Oleg Markov
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2015, 08:37:46 PM »
Go look at the Instagram snap of him kicking a goal and then standing next to the goal umpire signalling a goal at the same time... :lol

:clapping
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2015, 11:11:47 AM »
In the HUN whispers today, Oleg Markov has stunned Richmond officials, with one senior official declaring that Olegs first ever session to be the best he's ever seen from a draftee.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2015, 11:15:42 AM »
In the HUN whispers today, Oleg Markov has stunned Richmond officials, with one senior official declaring that Olegs first ever session to be the best he's ever seen from a draftee.
:shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2015, 11:38:37 AM »
with one senior official declaring that Olegs first ever session to be the best he's ever seen from a draftee.

Maybe he's talking about a drinking session? 

dwaino

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2015, 12:45:16 PM »
So you could say... He is having his best preseason yet  :shh

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2015, 12:53:31 PM »
Go look at the Instagram snap of him kicking a goal and then standing next to the goal umpire signalling a goal at the same time... :lol

I do hope he makes it but that frame.....  :-\
He has already played against men and held his own. His size is a worry but i figure once he is in an afl environment he will beef up a bit.It may take a little while though im not sure he can play afl  next yr.
This kid is not just an athlete. He has footy smarts and is a footballer.His size was the only thing that stopped him getting drafted last year imo.
His pace and huge tank means he is ideally suited to playing on a wing. He will run both ways and hes not shy about contact. Last year he spent plenty of time in the midfield.This year he spent a lot of time as a fwd and showed he can play well there.

Deledio -  McIntosh - Yarran  - Drummond - Menadue - Markov -  Butler -  Rioli  People want pace and run well we now have plenty.

I said in another thread i rarely back in skinny kids but with both Menadue and Markov i am happy to see us take that risk.At the end of the day the ball is in their court theres only two ways it can go.
The pleasing thing about the players above is not just pace, they mainly  have good skills and  most have great endurance capabilities which with the new rule changes is going to be important.
Deledio, Mcintosh and Yarran  aside  maybe drummond as well, I dont envision any of them playing much senior footy next year or being regulars. Hopefully they all show enough to be given some games though.Who knows with a bit of luck a few jump out of the ground and demand a spot.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2015, 01:19:10 PM »
Won't make it....should've picked Crocker....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2015, 02:12:00 PM »

I do hope he makes it but that frame.....  :-\
He has already played against men and held his own. His size is a worry but i figure once he is in an afl environment he will beef up a bit.It may take a little while though im not sure he can play afl  next yr.
This kid is not just an athlete. He has footy smarts and is a footballer.His size was the only thing that stopped him getting drafted last year imo.
His pace and huge tank means he is ideally suited to playing on a wing. He will run both ways and hes not shy about contact. Last year he spent plenty of time in the midfield.This year he spent a lot of time as a fwd and showed he can play well there.

Deledio -  McIntosh - Yarran  - Drummond - Menadue - Markov -  Butler -  Rioli  People want pace and run well we now have plenty.

I said in another thread i rarely back in skinny kids but with both Menadue and Markov i am happy to see us take that risk.At the end of the day the ball is in their court theres only two ways it can go.
The pleasing thing about the players above is not just pace, they mainly  have good skills and  most have great endurance capabilities which with the new rule changes is going to be important.
Deledio, Mcintosh and Yarran  aside  maybe drummond as well, I dont envision any of them playing much senior footy next year or being regulars. Hopefully they all show enough to be given some games though.Who knows with a bit of luck a few jump out of the ground and demand a spot.

I think the fact he broke his collar bones had more to do with him not getting drafted last year
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2015, 02:56:07 PM »
Shocker won't make it. Will end up in the press for the wrong reasons. Couldn't happen to a better club either.  :rollin

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2015, 02:58:22 PM »
Yes because no footballer that's ever been successful played up and acted like an idiot in high school...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2015, 03:08:32 PM »
Wasn't Claw against Drummond because he was a year older than the rest of the draftees? Why is Markov different?

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2015, 08:22:17 PM »
So you could say... He is having his best preseason yet  :shh
Look if hes quick enough can we turn him into a rangey mid ala Fyfe? Id prefer that to a semi tall forward but saying that if he has confidence in front of goal then thats a useful trait.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2015, 09:01:30 PM »
Wasn't Claw against Drummond because he was a year older than the rest of the draftees? Why is Markov different?
Was i,  Well thats one take on it.
I believe my comments were along the line he was an over ager because a certain poster Al er i mean  penny  could not work out his age.
My main gripe was his disposal. Also  that his stats/testing   had to be looked at carefully and may not be so impressive  because he was an over ager who was  big bodied and virtually  fully developed physically. 
If you wish to read that as me being against him go for it. Im used to your  butt hurt reactions  at any sort of critique  read, what you like into those  comments you do anyway.
I must be really stuffing with your head if you have to go back 12 months.  to try and score a point.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 09:27:38 PM by the claw »

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2015, 09:30:00 PM »
translation "training the house down"

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2015, 09:30:28 PM »
Shocker won't make it. Will end up in the press for the wrong reasons. Couldn't happen to a better club either.  :rollin
you the poster who know him as he went to school with ur son or something?