Author Topic: Oleg Markov [merged]  (Read 95016 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Pick 50 - Oleg Markov
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2015, 09:32:08 PM »
Markov is still a young bloke with a ton of natural talent and room to fill out, I don't see the issue at the pick we got him at
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2015, 09:14:22 AM »
Wasn't Claw against Drummond because he was a year older than the rest of the draftees? Why is Markov different?
Was i,  Well thats one take on it.
I believe my comments were along the line he was an over ager because a certain poster Al er i mean  penny  could not work out his age.
My main gripe was his disposal. Also  that his stats/testing   had to be looked at carefully and may not be so impressive  because he was an over ager who was  big bodied and virtually  fully developed physically. 
If you wish to read that as me being against him go for it. Im used to your  butt hurt reactions  at any sort of critique  read, what you like into those  comments you do anyway.
I must be really stuffing with your head if you have to go back 12 months.  to try and score a point.
you may be onto something with that last comment.......
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2015, 03:57:25 AM »
Wasn't Claw against Drummond because he was a year older than the rest of the draftees? Why is Markov different?
I believe my comments were along the line he was an over ager because a certain poster Al er i mean  penny  could not work out his age.
My main gripe was his disposal. Also  that his stats/testing   had to be looked at carefully and may not be so impressive  because he was an over ager who was  big bodied and virtually  fully developed physically. 
If you wish to read that as me being against him go for it. Im used to your  butt hurt reactions  at any sort of critique  read, what you like into those  comments you do anyway.
I must be really stuffing with your head if you have to go back 12 months.  to try and score a point.

You're all over the shop sometimes. I'm always butt hurt this time because I disagree with you but then not long ago you were praising me because of something I agreed with you on. Also, don't flatter yourself. I just happen to remember you pointing out he was over age which is a convenient thing for you to leave out this time because it suits you. Oh well.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2015, 07:20:33 AM »
If -as Eddie says- a successful Collingwood is good for football than an angry Craw is good for OER  :thumbsup
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2015, 01:37:17 PM »

You're all over the shop sometimes. I'm always butt hurt this time because I disagree with you but then not long ago you were praising me because of something I agreed with you on. Also, don't flatter yourself. I just happen to remember you pointing out he was over age which is a convenient thing for you to leave out this time because it suits you. Oh well.
Your inability to  tell the difference between a fully developed player and a skinny one who has much improvement to make  physically is not my problem.
The only reason Drummonds age was bought up was people talking up a players testing  who was in some cases 20mnths older than other players and fully developed.And what do i cop

How the hell you came up with that from my comments is beyond me. Wheres the oh i apologise Claw i mistook what you said.
You want to follow me around the board making snide comments which you have been,  At least expect some return fire.  As i said read into my comments what you like, it seems  you will anyway.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2015, 01:53:34 PM »

Your inability to  tell the difference between a fully developed player and a skinny one who has much improvement to make  physically is not my problem.
The only reason Drummonds age was bought up was people talking up a players testing  who was in some cases 20mnths older than other players and fully developed.And what do i cop

How the hell you came up with that from my comments is beyond me. Wheres the oh i apologise Claw i mistook what you said.
You want to follow me around the board making snide comments which you have been,  At least expect some return fire.  As i said read into my comments what you like, it seems  you will anyway.

You need to chill out bro. I agreed with you re: Drummond way back when. You don't need to be so defensive. In between your attacks and ramblings you actually managed to answer the question albeit not meaning to

the difference between a fully developed player and a skinny one who has much improvement to make  physically.

I could of apologised for mistaking you but I'm not sure I did. If you were man enough to show me where I was wrong instead of sooking like a preschooler I may have been able to see where I was wrong and I would have admitted it. Oh and eff me get off your high horse if you think people are following you around to make snide comments at you. People come her to read the discussion, you post something and I'm most likely going to read it and if I disagree I'll say so. So don't start thinking I have a crush on you or anything.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2015, 04:27:27 PM »
Forward thinking

“The coaches have given me a little bit of a hint, here and there, of what they want.  But, at the moment, just being that complete forward, who can kick goals and produce a lot of pressure.  I definitely want to use my speed as an asset . . . chase people down and pressure them up.”

Top Tiger role models

“Dylan (Grimes) and Drummo (Nathan Drummond) are both very professional.  I do admire them for that.  Drummo’s never late, always on time, if not, he’s half an hour early.  So, half the time, he’s already leaving (to go to training) and I’m still getting ready.  So, there’s plenty to learn, and they’ve been the best role models for me so far.  They’ve definitely made me feel like a Tiger already.”

Read more at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-12-18/markov-distinction

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2016, 09:27:39 PM »
Showed a bit  :clapping
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2016, 09:29:36 PM »
Very good, composed, seems to have a lot of space and skills were excellent in those conditions.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2016, 09:53:58 PM »
Glass half full type

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2016, 11:55:45 PM »
Of our 1-3 year players him and C. Ellis looked the most impressive.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2016, 06:34:44 PM »
Lade on 5AA talking about Markov:

AUDIO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2016-02-25/lade-on-markov

* Oleg had been training up forward all pre-season and he’d done some little things here and there.  Then, in an intra-club, we put him on the wing and he just took to it like a duck to water and did some really good things. In the game on the weekend against Fremantle, his speed and his endurance were amazing.

* Look, he’s still got a long way to go. He’s only 80-odd kilos now and he’s about 6' 2" or 6' 3". So, he’s got a bit of work to go with his body but there are some exciting signs for him and with what he can produce for us.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-02-25/markov-makes-his-mark

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2016, 06:49:33 PM »
Can't wait till he grows O leg!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2016, 08:43:08 PM »
Oleg's put on at least 4kg over the summer as he was only 76kg when drafted. So that's a good sign. You'd expect him to play some senior footy this year based on what we've seen so far.

The interesting thing this year with the cubs is how many games they will get. The sub last year was often given to a young Tiger. This year with no sub and fewer rotations, the youngsters will need a strong endurance base or play out of a pocket to run out a full game.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2016, 08:47:55 PM »
So are we going to just keep drafting  really skinny kids and waiting years for  them to "fill out"?

Blokes from Dustin Fletcher to Bob Murphy would never have played until they were at least 26 under that system.....and Robbie Flower would never have played at all...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.